Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS968 screen picture shifted right and colours turned to yellow

Dear friends,

I have tried to test if an hdmi to rca cable works ok on my cs968 because a friend ask me to. As i got no signal out on my rca input i removed the cable from the box hdmi port and i plugged in my hdmi cable that i use to connect it to the tv. When i power up the box i noticed that the whole picture was moved to the rigth (about 1/3 of the picture is lost in the rigth) and also the colours were different, the turned to something close to yellow.

Unplugging the power source produced no results, changing hdmi cables no results, flashing other roms again no results.

When i checked with the rca output of the box everything was ok, screen position and colours. Going back to hdmi the screen position was shifted again and the yellow problem.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Some ideas from my site and pls leave a comment if you know something more.

1) Replace the hdmi port which means soldering and finding a replacement hdmi port. I am now very happy with this scenario.

2) I have read many things about hdmi and how it works in the last hours, don't know which are important and which are not. Maybe there is a way to reset whatever controls the hdmi output, i am saying maybe because i actually have no idea how to do it (if it can be done).
    Last edited by mmarx; 04-11-2014, 20:04.

Today i flashed rhe kit kat rom found in another topic. That solved the position problem. Flashing back to stock rom after that and the problem came back. So i test both the kit kat roms and both are a solution to the shift rigrh position problem.

The colour problem continues, no white colour actually, it turned to something close to yellow. Changing hdmi cables and ports just to be sure, no improvement. Yellow is the new white. It is so difficult to work for more than 10 minutes under this conditions so if anybody has an idea i will be happy to read it.

Comment

try this maybe?

Originally posted by mmarx View Post
      Dear friends,

I have tried to test if an hdmi to rca cable works ok on my cs968 because a friend ask me to. As i got no signal out on my rca input i removed the cable from the box hdmi port and i plugged in my hdmi cable that i use to connect it to the tv. When i power up the box i noticed that the whole picture was moved to the rigth (about 1/3 of the picture is lost in the rigth) and also the colours were different, the turned to something close to yellow.

Unplugging the power source produced no results, changing hdmi cables no results, flashing other roms again no results.

When i checked with the rca output of the box everything was ok, screen position and colours. Going back to hdmi the screen position was shifted again and the yellow problem.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Some ideas from my site and pls leave a comment if you know something more.

1) Replace the hdmi port which means soldering and finding a replacement hdmi port. I am now very happy with this scenario.

2) I have read many things about hdmi and how it works in the last hours, don't know which are important and which are not. Maybe there is a way to reset whatever controls the hdmi output, i am saying maybe because i actually have no idea how to do it (if it can be done).
      Possible if you can enter a terminal try resetting the hdmi settings of the device by typing this:su ,and then hit enter, then type: am display-size reset ,and again hit the enter key.

so again to be sure you type: su

you then hit enter key

you then type: am display-size reset

and then again you hit the enter key

that command works for some devices if using a resolution adjusting app that messes up the display size,i'm hoping for your sake it has simply adjusted a setting via the cable being attached and you can reset it with the easy command line i just gave you.I am however unsure if root is needed and if your device is rooted already if so should work i imagine,if not i would have to assume a small current has passed through the cable somehow maybe breaking some chip? Or maybe even a chance it's overheated? The fact you have a picture at all would normally dictate it's software related but you never really can tell every time.Another thing is if you have a recovery made why not try recovery mode and see if it fixes it if restored? Try the simple resolution reset command firstly obviously, as it involves far less time and effort.It may just ammend it?If the problem persists going back to older firmwares then i would have to say it will likely be a port or chip or possibly motherboard related problem maybe pertaining to heat at that stage.It's ironic it occurred after the rca to hdmi was inserted though and i would have to chance it and say to ironic.Another thing to try is another tv as well especially if nothing else but the tv box or stick has been on a port of it's own,just plug it in another tv to test it out via the previous hdmi method that worked before.

Also on my k-r42 i broke the mini hdmi port so used the 3.5mm to rca cable putting it in the correct colors it looked like sh@t so i put yellow pin to the green hdmi component input on the tv and red and white to audio left right and voila it gave a better picture i then used resolution changer just installed and did open the app but applied no settings and it made the screen fit by itself.

I wish you the very of best of luck with it regardless mate.
      Last edited by PHYSC; 04-13-2014, 20:09.
      What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Originally posted by PHYSC View Post
        Possible if you can enter a terminal try resetting the hdmi settings of the device by typing this:su ,and then hit enter, then type: am display-size reset ,and again hit the enter key.

so again to be sure you type: su

you then hit enter key

you then type: am display-size reset

and then again you hit the enter key

that command works for some devices if using a resolution adjusting app that messes up the display size,i'm hoping for your sake it has simply adjusted a setting via the cable being attached and you can reset it with the easy command line i just gave you.I am however unsure if root is needed and if your device is rooted already if so should work i imagine,if not i would have to assume a small current has passed through the cable somehow maybe breaking some chip? Or maybe even a chance it's overheated? The fact you have a picture at all would normally dictate it's software related but you never really can tell every time.Another thing is if you have a recovery made why not try recovery mode and see if it fixes it if restored? Try the simple resolution reset command firstly obviously, as it involves far less time and effort.It may just ammend it?If the problem persists going back to older firmwares then i would have to say it will likely be a port or chip or possibly motherboard related problem maybe pertaining to heat at that stage.It's ironic it occurred after the rca to hdmi was inserted though and i would have to chance it and say to ironic.Another thing to try is another tv as well especially if nothing else but the tv box or stick has been on a port of it's own,just plug it in another tv to test it out via the previous hdmi method that worked before.

Also on my k-r42 i broke the mini hdmi port so used the 3.5mm to rca cable putting it in the correct colors it looked like sh@t so i put yellow pin to the green hdmi component input on the tv and red and white to audio left right and voila it gave a better picture i then used resolution changer just installed and did open the app but applied no settings and it made the screen fit by itself.

I wish you the very of best of luck with it regardless mate.

I will try when i root the kit kat version, thank you very much for the suggestion. I will come back with a status update.

Comment

HDMI input

Hey, it can not be a problem TV? For my TV Panasonic TX-P46G10E is not working properly HDMI input. When connecting Jesurum CS968, component input is also ok ...

Comment

Originally posted by Honyk View Post
            Hey, it can not be a problem TV? For my TV Panasonic TX-P46G10E is not working properly HDMI input. When connecting Jesurum CS968, component input is also ok ...
            It's not a tv problem. All tv hdmi inputs are working with other hdmi devices, it is tv box problem.

As i wrote above flashing kit kat solves the picture shift problem but the colour problem still exists.

Following PHYSC proposal and run then command "am display-size reset" as root user produced no result.

As a result i am still trying to find a solution.

Comment

It's not a tv problem. All tv hdmi inputs are working with other hdmi devices, it is tv box problem.

As i wrote above flashing kit kat solves the picture shift problem but the colour problem still exists.

Following PHYSC proposal and run then command "am display-size reset" as root user produced no result.

As a result i am still trying to find a solution.
              I didn't really expect it too i just thought it may work but unfortunately not,any way i am now wondering if you might need to erase before the flash if you haven't already? And i do not know your particular device well enough to simply say do that,as it may cause further issues but maybe it's remnant files from a prior flash remain without a erase of the flash?

I say that because i had a similar issue on my k-r42 when i tried kitkat it didn't work it garbled the display to colored mess,then after i erased the flash then rewrote an old firmware that always worked prior,it then ammended the issue.I believe it also happened messing with an ubuntu install if my bad memory serves me at all?

If that is do-able but makes no change,then i would although quite dangerous if it were me i'd very lightly press downward on the cable attached to the hdmi port when on ever so light as not to break it,but just to see if it's a loose port.

Comment

As the kit kat rom give a solution to the position problem i do believe that it is more a software problem and not hardware. As a result i agree that i have to clean before flashing. But how can we do that in android boxes? There is no documentation to read and then do.

To answer some possible questions i have already test with another power supply and test all my tv hdmi connections with an identical tv box. Everything is working with the other box.

So the question is how do we completely erase everything before flashing? Something interesting is that at least once the following happen: flashing a 4.2 rom after a kitkat rom temporarily solved the position problem. Flashing the same rom again after that resulted in the picure shifted right problem again. The colour problem is always there, something between yellow and green.

Comment

As the kit kat rom give a solution to the position problem i do believe that it is more a software problem and not hardware. As a result i agree that i have to clean before flashing. But how can we do that in android boxes? There is no documentation to read and then do.

To answer some possible questions i have already test with another power supply and test all my tv hdmi connections with an identical tv box. Everything is working with the other box.

So the question is how do we completely erase everything before flashing? Something interesting is that at least once the following happen: flashing a 4.2 rom after a kitkat rom temporarily solved the position problem. Flashing the same rom again after that resulted in the picure shifted right problem again. The colour problem is always there, something between yellow and green.
                  Well to be exact here i used lewy HFW 1080P firmwares to fix any bad flashes and they also work for me on a k-r42,so if they are available for your devices i'd try one of those as with a k-r42 it auto erases the flash with his flash tool that's provided in the firmware download any way mate.Infact i found them to be the most stable,and in my honest opinion i think they are the best to use any way.

When i ever used another firmware or i bricked it accidentaly tinkering the lewy20041 HFW 1080p fixes everything automatically for my k-r42.

Comment

I am flashing using the rockchip batch tool. If there is another way (universal) i will also try it. I am not sure if rockchip flash tool erases everything before flashing but this is the way most people do it.

Forgot to say thanks for your effort to help, my apologize my friend.

Comment

Give it a shot

I am flashing using the rockchip batch tool. If there is another way (universal) i will also try it. I am not sure if rockchip flash tool erases everything before flashing but this is the way most people do it.

Forgot to say thanks for your effort to help, my apologize my friend.
                      Best is to simply try it and see,if it fails then you will probably need to do a full erase a batch tool i cannot remember now maybe it's 2.7 had a method to erase the flash,and i may have used that after dumping ubuntu on as i was unable to do anything at 1 point so i may have used 2.7 batch to erase then the lewy20041 HFW 1080P to ammend it,infact look at my ubuntu upgrade page or other pages,i can't remember if i mention it in there,but i have somewhere put a guide for a k-r42 and it may work for you the same as it may for others.

Comment

Ok, i will give it a try. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Link

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ht=#post145436
                          Ok, i will give it a try. Thanks anyway.
                          Here i got it wrong it was in a post some of this guide may help you? It's the link very top of page,sorry can't post beneath writing on my mad catz m.o.j.o for some reson on this website?

Step 4 explains it is rk batch tool 1.37 to erase the nand,maybe if it works for your erasing do that,then try a lewy20041 HFW 1080P firmware using the provided tool to then overwrite the erased nand with the Lewy firmware to fix it.Hopefully it works like it does for me for your box or stick.

Comment

Thanks, i will try and let you know about results

Comment

ok

Thanks, i will try and let you know about results
                              Ok i'll hang around for the day and await to see the outcome,i have a little wifi issue of my own here i want to try to get sorted if i can find the help,so will be in and out of the site whilst watching some films,i'll pop back from time to time and see if you've given a response about your box/stick.

Comment

Working...
                              X