No announcement yet.

CS968 screen picture shifted right and colours turned to yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, i have something else to do right now so i will update later. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

I have checked with almost every flash tool available, some of those gave the option to erase nand. I have done it more than once with every tool, then flashed a variety of roms with a variety of flashing tools. Result is the same, 4.2 rom shifted right with colour distortion and kit kat rom colours distorted too but correct screen position. No more ideas, i have even tried to install picundu with no success.

So, maybe it is a hardware failure, thanks for all the help. I will keep trying to find if there is a solution anywhere and if there is i will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by mmarx View Post
        I have checked with almost every flash tool available, some of those gave the option to erase nand. I have done it more than once with every tool, then flashed a variety of roms with a variety of flashing tools. Result is the same, 4.2 rom shifted right with colour distortion and kit kat rom colours distorted too but correct screen position. No more ideas, i have even tried to install picundu with no success.

So, maybe it is a hardware failure, thanks for all the help. I will keep trying to find if there is a solution anywhere and if there is i will let you know.
        It may be a software problem,but when your saying discoloration or yellow,if you mean garbled or mixed colors then it could possibly be a overheated gpu,although i couldn't say for sure,but it's ironic the hdmi to rca was used then it occured,have you possibly although unlikely got the overscan on the tv turned on if it's (tv) lost settings somehow that you may never have noticed?

The overscan would account for missing screen size or shifted display,you'd in theory be better filming it on a phone or video camera and uploading it,as people may like my self see some kind of trait to it's behaviour,i deal with laptops a lot and shim them,i have reflowed some old xbox's and so forth.So i as others may see something that provides closure as to the culprit.

If it's at all useable you could try android tuner to get the temp when runing a few minutes test the cpu to see if it's burning up,that's only going to be possible if the model has thermal sensors the app can read though,as some models do not have sensors for temperature.

See a common laptop gpu burn out trait is a mass of multi-colored lines through the screen or a bunch of multicolored static haze,but without a video to see it in the flesh as to speak i wouldn't be able to cast any sort of judgement really as to what it looks like it might be.

It's a major b@mmer though and i do feel for you,as i had similar issues with my k-r42 when i loosened the internal hdmi port,i tried to solder with a slightly to thick tip and it messed it up,so i removed the port and went via rca from the av headphone output (3.5mm jack),does your unit have that output and a cable to try as i am unsure?
        What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

I will try and upload a video or pictures showing the problem even though it is difficult to get the details that the eye can see and the digital camera not (as the lighting is not special inside).

I will better describe the phenomenon, lets say you have a monitor and you play with settings. Moving from menu to menu and at a point you will see the option color temperature, then you will learn the terms warm and cold white. I was always a fun of cold colors. Now, getting as a start point the warm colors in a monitor that i do not like but i am able to identify white as white and every color correctly and then imagine much warmer colors. The white is getting yellow, other colors are getting green and so on.

The av output produces very good picture with perfect colors but in a lower resolution and i believe in a lower refresh rate. Comparing the two outputs is like day and night. Day is the rca and night the hdmi (due to the color problem).

I have also tried to desolder the hdmi por to replaced it but my soldering iron do not get hot enough to desolder. It is usefull when i want to solder things but useless in this motherboard. They have probaply use alien technology to solder the port.
          Last edited by mmarx; 04-16-2014, 17:12.

Comment

I will try and upload a video or pictures showing the problem even though it is difficult to get the details that the eye can see and the digital camera not (as the lighting is not special inside).

I will better describe the phenomenon, lets say you have a monitor and you play with settings. Moving from menu to menu and at a point you will see the option color temperature, then you will learn the terms warm and cold white. I was always a fun of cold colors. Now, getting as a start point the warm colors in a monitor that i do not like but i am able to identify white as white and every color correctly and then imagine much warmer colors. The white is getting yellow, other colors are getting green and so on.

The av output produces very good picture with perfect colors but in a lower resolution and i believe in a lower refresh rate. Comparing the two outputs is like day and night. Day is the rca and night the hdmi (due to the color problem).

I have also tried to desolder the hdmi por to replaced it but my soldering iron do not get hot enough to desolder. It is usefull when i want to solder things but useless in this motherboard. They have probaply use alien technology to solder the port.
            Right that solves gpu as not being the culprit then,as if you get av out with a perfect picture the chip is fine,the only other physical factor would have to be the port mate.It's either that or the software then.

Comment

As i have flashed so many different roms and the problem is still there when connecting through the hdmi port i strongly believe that it is a port problem and not software. When i buy a new tv box i will try and replace the port. For now i will go on through the analogue port.

Thanks for all your help and ideas mate.

Comment

As i have flashed so many different roms and the problem is still there when connecting through the hdmi port i strongly believe that it is a port problem and not software. When i buy a new tv box i will try and replace the port. For now i will go on through the analogue port.

Thanks for all your help and ideas mate.
                If it's a micro hdmi socket then i advise the smallest fine tip head for your soldering iron that you can possibly find,i made the mistake of using a standard size fine tip,and it completely destroyed my chances of repairing my k-r42,as it was too broad and managed to over coat all the legs (bridge) so they were ajoined and almost uncleanable i gave up as i had not the expertise to then repair it,i believe it would be advantagous to have a tip that is easily able to fit between each leg as not to cause a collisison with adjacent legs meaning they bridge.

I wish you the very best of luck with it mate.

Comment

Originally posted by PHYSC View Post
                  If it's a micro hdmi socket then i advise the smallest fine tip head for your soldering iron that you can possibly find,i made the mistake of using a standard size fine tip,and it completely destroyed my chances of repairing my k-r42,as it was too broad and managed to over coat all the legs (bridge) so they were ajoined and almost uncleanable i gave up as i had not the expertise to then repair it,i believe it would be advantagous to have a tip that is easily able to fit between each leg as not to cause a collisison with adjacent legs meaning they bridge.

I wish you the very best of luck with it mate.
                  As i have not all the tools needed to do this job i will check **** for prices and then i will decide what to do. If i ask a technician to do it he will ask at least 50 euros, if i buy the pieces and tools needed i will pay something about 25-40 euros. As the box price is 70 euros i am not sure if this is a good idea. I will probaply ask friends for tools, if i can borrow them i will give this replacement scenario a try, otherwise i will sit down and wait for the tronsmart S89 to be available. My box is doing the job using the analog output so i can wait a little more.

Comment

Working...
                  X