X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ifive just recieved.

Hi guys,

Just recieved my ifive in the mail. But unfortunately I can't turn it on

When I plug it into the outlet the tablet buzzes once, like it's charging. Then nothing. Thought I may just need some juice, but it's been charging for 20 mins. and still no dice.

If I hold the power button for something like five seconds it also buzz - nothing more.

Guess I should see it charging also even when the tablet is off?!

Anyone experience something like this? I fear the screen may be dead. Can I check somehow if it's running?

Yea screen is dead Just connected with moborobo and I can connect to it and see installed apps etc. So it must be turned on... Crap!! So much for chinese quality control

Comment

ifive stuff always have problems here and there.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jupiter2012 View Post
        ifive stuff always have problems here and there.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk
        Yea guess that is one way of keeping the cost down. Just to bad when you fall victim of the problems... Hope the seller will be forthcoming to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Herzie View Post
          Yea screen is dead Just connected with moborobo and I can connect to it and see installed apps etc. So it must be turned on... Crap!! So much for chinese quality control
          Where did you buy it from? I bought mine from Banggood.com and it accumulated some dust under the plastic screen (an annoying patch of dust on the actual screen). Sadly it happened after about a month and I already had a custom ROM flashed, so I couldn't send it back.

If you paid through PayPal you can request a refund/replacement.

P.S. It shows a big battery icon in the middle of the screen when it's charging in a turned off state.

Hope you can sort things out!

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Hey Rob,

Bought it through Aliexpress via a reputable seller. So if the seller is not willing to refund me or send a new item, then Aliexpress buyer protection will hopefully take care of that.

At the moment I can't remember if I paid with paypal or VISA, hehe

If it shows the charging icon on the screen then it's deffinitely a dud unit.

Comment

If it shows the charging icon on the screen then it's deffinitely a dud unit.
              Why? I thought it was supposed to show that icon... Now I'm confused, as I can't see how that would indicate a problem/malfunction.

Comment

Originally posted by rob1s View Post
                Why? I thought it was supposed to show that icon... Now I'm confused, as I can't see how that would indicate a problem/malfunction.
                Maybe I wasn't specific It's NOT showing any icon while charging. So the screen must be broken.

Comment

P.S. It shows a big battery icon in the middle of the screen when it's charging in a turned off state.
                  Hi rob1s, are you sure you have a Mini 3 Retina ? Because on mine, when I charge it, the tablet start directly to Android. You plug the tablet and she start.
                  You can't charge off and so there is no battery icon.

When I received my tablet she was like the Herzie's tablet: dead.
                  There was no power on the unit. So I plug to AC 3-4 times and click on power 3-4 times and finally she start.

Guess I should see it charging also even when the tablet is off?!
                  No, because she start on Android when you plug and there is no light or indication for charging. You can only know the percentage of the battery when you arrive on your Android desktop.

Comment

Maybe I wasn't specific It's NOT showing any icon while charging. So the screen must be broken.
                    Oh. Yeah that's probably the case then.

Comment

Originally posted by manao View Post
                      When I received my tablet she was like the Herzie's tablet: dead.
                      There was no power on the unit. So I plug to AC 3-4 times and click on power 3-4 times and finally she start.
                      I've plugged it in and out several times, also turned it on and off. It vibrates when it turns on (but without the screen). And as I said I could connect to it via moborobo and see model, size, installed apps etc. If it wasn't running I wouldn't be able to do that I'm sure?!

Comment

I believe you and sorry for this.
                        Maybe try again and if you can not start your unit return the faulty unit to your seller.

P.S. It shows a big battery icon in the middle of the screen when it's charging in a turned off state
                        I just wanted clarify this: when you charge, the tablet start directly. You plug the tablet and she start. You can't charge off and so there is no battery icon.

Comment

I believe you and sorry for this.
                          Maybe try again and if you can not start your unit return the faulty unit to your seller.
                          Yes I've already mailed him. Just sad that I will probably have to wait 1-2 months for a new unit. Was looking forward to playing with my new toy

And worst case scenario is this:

The price of the tablet is 180 dollars.

I already paid 30 dollars import tax. Sending a parcel to china is 40 dollars. So if they then send me a new one I will have to pay import tax once more. another 30 dollars. Then my tablet will have cost me 280 dollars.

Comment

You can also try with you USB cable connected to your PC.
                            The unit charge by USB with the PC.

My tablet was completly dead like yours the first day after unpacking and if I remember well, it need 14% for start the first time.
                            I couldn't remember if I charged it by AC or with the USB cable connected to my PC.

Try also with an other USB cable.

Comment

You can also try with you USB cable connected to your PC.
                              The unit charge by USB with the PC.
                              Already tried it. But since I have come to the conclusion that the screen is broken I don't see the point.

But thank you for suggestion it

Comment

Working...
                              X