Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry , I didn't saw this

Originally posted by Herzie View Post
    When I plug it into the outlet the tablet buzzes once, like it's charging. Then nothing.
    Mine (the first start) was completly discharge and I couldn't heard the buzz.
    So, your sad conclusion is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by manao View Post
      Hi rob1s, are you sure you have a Mini 3 Retina ? Because on mine, when I charge it, the tablet start directly to Android. You plug the tablet and she start.
      You can't charge off and so there is no battery icon.

When I received my tablet she was like the Herzie's tablet: dead.
      There was no power on the unit. So I plug to AC 3-4 times and click on power 3-4 times and finally she start.

No, because she start on Android when you plug and there is no light or indication for charging. You can only know the percentage of the battery when you arrive on your Android desktop.
      Hey man,

Mine is the older model Mini3(1024x768). I think all that icon stuff could depend on the ROM. I was using a TNT 4.2.2 custom ROM back then. I haven't come to a point where I would let my tablet fully discharge after I installed the 4.4 RileyROM so I can't know whether the charging icon persists...

Cheers!

Comment

Yes I've already mailed him. Just sad that I will probably have to wait 1-2 months for a new unit. Was looking forward to playing with my new toy

And worst case scenario is this:

The price of the tablet is 180 dollars.

I already paid 30 dollars import tax. Sending a parcel to china is 40 dollars. So if they then send me a new one I will have to pay import tax once more. another 30 dollars. Then my tablet will have cost me 280 dollars.
        I'm not familiar with import taxes in Denmark, but I live in Lithuania, and when I ordered my Mini3, I made sure I wouldn't have to pay the import charge. Here, the import charge only applies to items of >35 euros in value (I think). It could be the same or similar for Denmark too. PayPal allows you to leave a message for the seller, when you pay. I left a message saying to change the parcel's price to $20 and they did. So no import charge! Many chinese sellers are known to do that even without encouragement, so I wasn't surprised that it worked.

Also, you should request a reimbursement for the mailing costs.

Best of luck to you!

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

You are (more or less) right. The tablet was declared at 45 dollars leaving me to pay about 13 dollars tax. But the problem is that the danish parcel service charges a fee to handle the import tax and that fee is 30 dollars. The fee is the same no matter the tax amount. So in my case it's just stupid...

I've seen before that if the declared value is super low on a bigger parcel they will open it up and ask for a reciept when the content is obviously of a higher value. So that is hit or miss. And if they do open it the value is suddenly higher leaving higher import tax

But you are right, if I can get the seller to reimbuse me for the shipping costs it's not that big of a deal...

Btw in Denmark we have to pay 25% tax if the value is higher than 16 dollars

Comment

Hi Rob,

Btw in Denmark we have to pay 25% tax if the value is higher than 16 dollars
            Wow!

And I thought we had it bad here in the states.

No worry, though.

We have a pseudo lame duck President who is intent to make us as much like Europe as he can before can get rid of him!
            Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

As a follow up on this thread the issue was settled by aliexpress in the end. I could not come to an agreement with the seller. I was reimbursed 85% of the original amount without having to return the faulty tablet. So all-in-all I am content with that and the level of service I received from Aliexpress.

Comment

Working...
              X