PMID 702C original firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID 702C original firmware

Can someone please post the original firmware, the one on their website is some other version with an ugly boot screen (which actually didn't bother me) until I figured out I cant connect to an adhoc network.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by a_elizondo View Post
    Can someone please post the original firmware, the one on their website is some other version with an ugly boot screen (which actually didn't bother me) until I figured out I cant connect to an adhoc network.

Thanks in advance.
    Interesting that in Settings/About the 702c is identified as a 701i .. which clearly it isn't. Does make me wonder if the ST 701i ST ROM might work with fewer issues than the 702c ROM...(both the stock and upgrade.)

Comment

Originally posted by BTrum View Post
      Interesting that in Settings/About the 702c is identified as a 701i .. which clearly it isn't. Does make me wonder if the ST 701i ST ROM might work with fewer issues than the 702c ROM...(both the stock and upgrade.)
      My Model number in settings just says "Polaroid Tablet".

Some games such as games by Gameloft do not load and just says not compatible with your device. Tiki Kart crashes as do Skyvi and some other apps. G sensor does not work for all apps.

I am starting to not like this tablet. I am wondering if it is the firmware or the tablet itself that is not good.

I was hoping this rebranded tablet from china would be better than some of the other rebranded no-name tablets from **** with the same features.

Sorry for the rant but it seems these cheap tablets are a hit or miss.

Comment

Actually I will try it if any of you guys can give me both
        /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
        and
        /system/bin/wpa_supplicant

thanks!

Comment

ST Firmware

No joy flashing ROM with ST 702c firmware LS never actually started reformat. Just hung. I did pull the tablet apart thinking perhaps I could put screen in 701c. No joy, comes apart easily but much glue used attaching components inside.

Comment

Originally posted by BTrum View Post
            No joy flashing ROM with ST 702c firmware LS never actually started reformat. Just hung. I did pull the tablet apart thinking perhaps I could put screen in 701c. No joy, comes apart easily but much glue used attaching components inside.
            Either you are flashing the rom IMG file (make sure you have a 702 if you are flashing the 702 image, 701 does not work with 702 and I tried and get the same problem you get).

Or you are not going into recovery mode correctly. Make sure your usb is unplugged, hold the home button while you plug the USB, then while still holding home press power 3 times quickly and volume up once and let go of home. It should work then.

Comment

Working...
            X