Tronsmart S89 "common" Finless 1.3 BETA ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuezaireekaa View Post
    i dont know how to chjange system wide dpi yet... but i think its androidsystemui or systemui, or android system that you'll want to change in xposed/appsettings. that will change the interface dpi im pretty sure.
    Unfortunately it did not work.

Comment

Re: NEW - Tronsmart S89 "common" Finless 1.3 BETA ROM

Originally posted by Ice_Coffee View Post
      Unfortunately it did not work.
      Strange, that version is working perfectly here. Not trying to sound like a jerk, just wanted to verify it works and it could be something else going on.

I've seen this happen before tho and I actually made Xbmc a system app with titanium backup it ended up working for some reason. But I havent had to do that this time around.

The reason none of the versions worked in my situation was because I was trying to use a backed up xbmc.xxx folder that is located in Android/data. I had to start fresh again

Edit: OK, sorry miss understood the question. Or I think Yu m answering someone else. I'm tired.. Lol . sorry it didn't work tho.

☆sent from an xNote powered sm-n900t w/tapatalk☆
      Last edited by cuezaireekaa; 05-14-2014, 05:03.

Comment

that xbmc is a Trojan did u read before installation??it say that the app read ur google ids and password is a hack no other xbmc ask that.

Comment

Originally posted by nutzu View Post
          that xbmc is a Trojan did u read before installation??it say that the app read ur google ids and password is a hack no other xbmc ask that.
          Oh no, is there a source that states this is a trojan? How do you know? I thought there were a few versions of Xbmc nightly that needed root.. I have this installed right now. Should I be worried? And a trojan on android?? Is that possible

Comment

Originally posted by cuezaireekaa View Post
            Oh no, is there a source that states this is a trojan? How do you know? I thought there were a few versions of Xbmc nightly that needed root.. I have this installed right now. Should I be worried?
            Yes if this is the case you should defininatly uninstall asap! I did not get the chance to install yet.
            I think he refers its in the accept dialogue just before installation where it refers to the apps's permissions.

All this work should be in the XBMC 14.9 alpha nightly so to be safe you can get it from the XBMC site

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
              Yes if this is the case you should defininatly uninstall asap! I did not get the chance to install yet.
              I think he refers its in the accept dialogue just before installation where it refers to the apps's permissions.

All this work should be in the XBMC 14.9 alpha nightly so to be safe you can get it from the XBMC site
              yes that dialogue before u installing it u will see that states that it will cost u money??and another one was that it will read ur google user ID and password, me right away I cancelled the installation, I was surprised because never on my installation of the xbmc will say that.

Comment

oh,OMG,it's weird.

I didn't put any trojan in to this xbmc.

Let me check,tks for all of your feedback.
                Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                  oh,OMG,it's weird.

I didn't put any trojan in to this xbmc.

Let me check,tks for all of your feedback.
                  I will add a picture in the morning,now I'm busy with the new ROM

Comment

Re: NEW - Tronsmart S89 "common" Finless 1.3 BETA ROM

Originally posted by nutzu View Post
                    yes that dialogue before u installing it u will see that states that it will cost u money??and another one was that it will read ur google user ID and password, me right away I cancelled the installation, I was surprised because never on my installation of the xbmc will say that.
                    Originally posted by Lokie View Post

Fudge. OK well I guess there is only one thing to do. Thanks

☆sent from an xNote powered sm-n900t w/tapatalk☆

Comment

I guess it might be the cause of permission level,this version has a high level,so you don't need to root the device.

It's the same if you use official xbmc at rooted state.

Anyway,it's your choice.

As for me,I absolutely don't believe it can cost your money from google or anywhere.
                      Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

I guess it might be the cause of permission level,this version has a high level,so you don't need to root the device.

Anyway,it's your choice.

As for me,I absolutely don't believe it can cost your money from google or anywhere.
                        i did see a lot of perms on some of the nightlies before, but yeah. im not sure why they would need some of those perms. idk

Edit:the tronsmart version from 4/27 that worked for me asked for all the same permissions. Any of the other nightlys and alpha didnt play video. Only a black screen. The one by Oman is newer and runs better. Thank you.
                        Last edited by cuezaireekaa; 05-14-2014, 13:07.

Comment

Now I need a mouse

Hi guys. I installed this Beta ROM since Finless 1.4 has the same "1 core at 698Mhz" problem that the stock 101k4 has on my box.

I noticed that neither the IR Remote nor the Anymote (RemoteIME.apk) are working with this ROM.

I read noderat was going to take a look at the IR problem. Does anyone have any idea of what can be done to get at least one of them?

If I don't have IR nor Anymote, I'll need to buy at least a wired mouse for setup... I was hoping to control the box completely by software on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by cerm78 View Post
                            I noticed that neither the IR Remote nor the Anymote (RemoteIME.apk) are working with this ROM.
                            Correction: IR does not work but Anymote configuration is past the initial set up and works OK with RemoteIME.apk

I got a cheap USB mouse and was able to complete the setup process.

Comment

Originally posted by cerm78 View Post
                              Correction: IR does not work but Anymote configuration is past the initial set up and works OK with RemoteIME.apk

I got a cheap USB mouse and was able to complete the setup process.
                              I'm fairly sure that the supplied remote worked for me on 1.3 and I'm certain it works on 1.4.

Comment

Anyway,it's your choice.

hello oman, do you have another link to your version of the latest xbmc for this device? the link that is posted by you is gone (dropbox has too much traffic)

i tried the latest xbmc nightly but it fc's on me. your build was running good.
                                ...unless you know of a more recent update?
                                I have since found the apk, if anyone wants it.. Let ne know
                                Last edited by cuezaireekaa; 05-22-2014, 10:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X