NEW - CX921B - wasser firmware 1.0.3 - Kikat Android 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wasser View Post
    HDMI_COLOR_RGB_16_236 is set by default in kitat kernel.

how i can see the different between RGB 0-255 instead of 16-235 at video output?
    That's sounds perfect Wasser. You can see if it' wrong in a much to dark video
    ( looks like very high contrast ) or pale color.
    I think the problem is that the gui is rendered in full RGB ( like every PC graphics card ) and that the video output has to be adjusted to 16-235 output. But not for the gui.
    In JB source it's inside hdmi-core.c

if(hdmi->edid.ycbcr444)
    video.color_output = HDMI_COLOR_YCbCr444;
    else if(hdmi->edid.ycbcr422)
    video.color_output = HDMI_COLOR_YCbCr422;
    else
    video.color_output = HDMI_COLOR_RGB;
    }
    if(hdmi->ops->setVideo)
    hdmi->ops->setVideo(hdmi, &video);

walter77
    Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

HDMI_COLOR_RGB_16_236 is set by default in kitat kernel.

how i can see the different between RGB 0-255 instead of 16-235 at video output?
      Hi wasser,
      just checked the video levels. Different from my JB kernel and only no problem if tv supports different input levels. On my LG TV i have to change input black level to high. That means that your kernel sets hdmi output to have rgb levels now (0-255). It would be better and more professional for a video playback device to have YCbCr video level (16-235).

Is there an easy option to change it in KK source?
      If it is possible it would be cool to have an android setting to change hdmi output levels to RGB or YCbCr like on PS3 or most DVD/BD players. What do you think, possible?

Keep on wasser ;-)
      Walter77

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Originally posted by walter77 View Post
        Hi wasser,
        just checked the video levels. Different from my JB kernel and only no problem if tv supports different input levels. On my LG TV i have to change input black level to high. That means that your kernel sets hdmi output to have rgb levels now (0-255). It would be better and more professional for a video playback device to have YCbCr video level (16-235).

Is there an easy option to change it in KK source?
        If it is possible it would be cool to have an android setting to change hdmi output levels to RGB or YCbCr like on PS3 or most DVD/BD players. What do you think, possible?

Keep on wasser ;-)
        Walter77

Hi Walter,

i uploaded new kernel which has fix for the ir-remote and video level (16-235).
        Could you please give a try and give me feedbacks?

download url: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3x...it?usp=sharing
        thanks
        http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Hi Walter,

thanks
          I will test it this evening and give you feedback wasser. Can't wait to test it...

Thanks Wasser!
          walter77

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DONATIONS

Comment

Hi Walter,

thanks
            Hey Wasser!
            Kernel works perfect!! IR works! Only two buttons not working (space & back ). I will check kl file later, perhaps these buttons are not defined. Does KK have a kl file? ;-)
            Sleep works, led turns off!

Color mode is still RGB output, but no problem for me as i can switch input level on my TV.
            I don't know KK kernel source, but perhaps you define video input levels? If you would like to switch to 0-255 i will check if there is a difference. You can change other options two if you would like to, i will test it and report back.

Great work, really perfect 1080 24p Playback with t-chip! Nice! Best rom, best kernel, best experience ever!!
            DONE!

Have a nice evening Wasser!
            walter77

P.S. if you would like to build a RTL8188eu kernel from this kernel it would be cool.
            But if you would like to, let's try to solve the color level "problem" before.
            Last edited by walter77; 06-17-2014, 19:15.

DONATIONS

Comment

Hey Wasser!
              Kernel works perfect!! IR works! Only two buttons not working (space & back ). I will check kl file later, perhaps these buttons are not defined. Does KK have a kl file? ;-)
              Sleep works, led turns off!

Color mode is still RGB output, but no problem for me as i can switch input level on my TV.
              I don't know KK kernel source, but perhaps you define video input levels? If you would like to switch to 0-255 i will check if there is a difference. You can change other options two if you would like to, i will test it and report back.

Great work, really perfect 1080 24p Playback with t-chip! Nice! Best rom, best kernel, best experience ever!!
              DONE!

Have a nice evening Wasser!
              walter77

P.S. if you would like to build a RTL8188eu kernel from this kernel it would be cool.
              But if you would like to, let's try to solve the color level "problem" before.
              Hi Walter,

thanks for your feddbacks. I really want to fix the color level issue. Could you please make screenshots or videos which shows the differents?

The kl file is the same like in JB. Please take a look and adapt it for your ir remote. Please send me the working kl file so i can add it in next release.

thanks

Comment

Hi Walter,

thanks for your feddbacks. I really want to fix the color level issue. Could you please make screenshots or videos which shows the differents?

The kl file is the same like in JB. Please take a look and adapt it for your ir remote. Please send me the working kl file so i can add it in next release.

thanks
                which video color output should be used? HDMI_COLOR_YCbCr444 ?

wasser

Comment

Hi Walter,

the video out is little bit dark with color output = HDMI_COLOR_YCbCr444.
                  i'm not sure why you mean it's better!

wasser

Comment

Hi Walter,

thanks
                    Hi wasser,
                    my kl file is in post 17, but i will test it before you build a new rom.

RGB level is not wrong if you monitor supports it at hdmi input. For me it's perfect and everything is fine cause my input can be set to rbg input mode. Most TV have an input labeled with pc input or something like that. This input automatically is set to rgb input level. The problem is, that standard hdmi input is build for connecting dvd/bd players. These devices have standard YCbCr color output level 16-235. So TV expects 16-235 and recalculate it to 0-255 as your lcd screen has 8bit colors (rgb). So it's expandaded to 0 and 255. And thats the problem. Picture gets to dark on this input if you send rgb level cause it's expanded to times. The first time at android box and second time at TV. So 0-16 black is just truncated and thrown away, missing, gone away! and 235-255 white is missing too! Most people like this wrong look, but it's wrong, like very high contrast level. Contrast is doing quite the same, just expands the color level.

Understood? In Deutsch hätte ich es besser erklärt ;-)

walter77

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk H

DONATIONS

Comment

Hi Walter,

the video out is little bit dark with color output = HDMI_COLOR_YCbCr444.
                      i'm not sure why you mean it's better!

wasser

Can you please send me this kernel and perhaps a second one with 4:2:2 output?

DONATIONS

Comment

Can you please send me this kernel and perhaps a second one with 4:2:2 output?

upload kernel-cx921b-YCbCr422.zip, please let me know if it works for you!

wasser

Comment

upload kernel-cx921b-YCbCr422.zip, please let me know if it works for you!

wasser
                          Hey wasser, not sure if there is any difference.
                          Quite the same i would say.

walter77

DONATIONS

Comment

Hey wasser, not sure if there is any difference.
                            Quite the same i would say.

walter77

i can see the different on my samung lcd. The video out is now dark

wasser

Comment

wasser
                              Strange Wasser. On my LG your RGB kernel is perfect when setting black level to high.

With my JB kernel based on Radxa or phjanderson source it's perfect when setting black level to low. Perhaps there are other things going on we don't know. I'm happy with your kernel ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DONATIONS

Comment

wasser
                                very nice on the new ROM Wasser also nice job on the stock IR codes. Is there anyway you can pull the IR code so we can add it to universal remote? Please let me know. Also can we get audio passthrough working in this version. I am very impressed with your work. Feel free to post this to our comnunity as well on http:www.androidtv.com Walter77 I'll message you on Skype tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X