Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archos Arnova in violation of GPL and work is in process to make them compliant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    No not yet... Done a little studying on how to compile a Android OS but thats about it so far.

Bob
    As they say all good things come to those who wait!

Comment

Can't stand the anticipation...

And we're ALL waiting patiently with baited breath for the NEW rom to appear as if my magic....

Comment

It looks like Arctablet.com cooked up a 10G2 kernel that boots the 10 G3 ICS. Not much works though.

So the thing is, how much time is someone willing to put in? I do not believe ICS, espcially Arnova's implementation, will run worth a darn on the 10G2 with 512 megs. Many 9G2 users that tried came back to Gingercomb or Gingerbread. If you look at the Nextbook forum, many have said the same too!

Not to talk doom here but the G2 line is on it's way out.... Sorry....

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

i personally would not want a ics rom, i am happy with gingercomb, i would like to see tweaks made to the roms that are already out.

things like overclocking, and possibly adding other cool stuf such as the sony bravia engine that i have seen implemented in other roms, if that is possible to do.

Comment

What would be great is a working CM7 rom
            That would really kick ass!

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post
              What would be great is a working CM7 rom
              That would really kick ass!
              I don't need ICS on my 10G2. Would rather see CM7, or even a full Honeycomb (instead of launcher in front of Gingerbread), but the fact is, I agree with Finless. I'll hang onto my 10G2 for another 6 months, but I'm already looking around for something with dual cores and HDMI out so that I can use it exclusively instead of a laptop for all the presentations I do.
              Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
              HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
              Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Thank you Harold... You know we started out a little rough but over time we both learned and converged on a thinking that is truly real user and not we we both thought initially! Your a solid guy for sure!

So you know folks, Harold was in fact the #1 guy that got the sources posted by Arnova! My probono lawyer did nothing. Harold did it all.
                So please...... give Harold a SHIT load of respect! I do

Now this is all new to me folks! Having kernel sources is like... WTF I have to learn to do something I never have done before!

All my ROMs to date were based around working "WITH" the existing kernel. Not to brag but I think I have done some pretty good things working within that box? So this is a new realm for me. I am not going to learn it all over night. I have never even looked at kernel sources let alone tried to compile them.

So, trust that I will start learning this, but also understand I am starting from ground ZERO.

Oh... any DEV's out there that want to work with me and know how to build Android kernels, PLEASE SIGN UP!

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thank you Harold!!

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                  Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                  <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                  <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                  <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                  https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                  </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                    Thank you Harold!!

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                    Harold Thanks!Bob Thanks!Damo Thanks for the awesome boot screens!

I agree a full CM7 or Honeycomb would be good all in due time. I got carried away with the moment.........

Comment

Many thanks to Harold and to the classiest most mutually respectful group of people I have found online!!
                      "May the Schwartz be with you"

Comment

Well done all, I agree with ICS prob not going to run too well on 10g2 without of course some seriously mad work - and of course these tabs have been superseded quite rapidly so seems kind of needless effort. A complete solid fully functional HC or GB CM seems as far and as useful as it can go. Either way Finless you have pushed this rom as far as possible with what you have...... and now you have been given more lol but you seem to have the bug so good for you !

Comment

Thanks Harold. Great job with the sources. Well done

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            Thank you Harold... You know we started out a little rough but over time we both learned and converged on a thinking that is truly real user and not we we both thought initially! Your a solid guy for sure!

So you know folks, Harold was in fact the #1 guy that got the sources posted by Arnova! My probono lawyer did nothing. Harold did it all.
                            So please...... give Harold a SHIT load of respect! I do

Now this is all new to me folks! Having kernel sources is like... WTF I have to learn to do something I never have done before!

All my ROMs to date were based around working "WITH" the existing kernel. Not to brag but I think I have done some pretty good things working within that box? So this is a new realm for me. I am not going to learn it all over night. I have never even looked at kernel sources let alone tried to compile them.

So, trust that I will start learning this, but also understand I am starting from ground ZERO.

Oh... any DEV's out there that want to work with me and know how to build Android kernels, PLEASE SIGN UP!

Bob
                            Bob, you have learned a heck of a lot in less than a year. I have no doubt you have more interesting projects ahead.

Dumped down the innertubes from my Arnova 10 G2.
                            Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
                            HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
                            Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

What

Bob,ICS + AN10G2,AN7G2 it's good idea,JB is run on HTC G1

Comment

Congratulations 'bob, your (and everyone's) hard work IS a appreciated

Keep up the good work, thanks again for making the 10 g2 work better than the manufacturer

Comment

Working...
                                X