Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Vega support external usb drives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just got my tronsmart vega 89 elite and i have some questions..

I cant find any answer any where or a manual on this thing...

I have 2 usb thumb drives that I cant see on the tronsmart ??? anyone now how I can see the drives?

I tried to use a 1.5 tb wd external hd no luck also

it wont load play store it has the round search logo spinning ... I rebooted I, change wifi to enternet.. but no luck. I can see the net ,watch hulu, Netflix but cant get play store to work... is there anyone to talk to or a manual to read?

** I fixed the problem with the play store. Just had to force quit the program. **
    Last edited by brockly25; 04-29-2014, 06:39.

Comment

NEW - Tronsmart S89 Standard Finless 1.2 ROM (just rooted)
      or newer one (not rooted and seems so that this is ok for Elite (instead of Standard with WiFI problems at the moment)
      New stock firmware for tronsmart vega s89 and vega s89 elite, fix the google play paid app problem, check here!

And have a look at ES File Explorer
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I have a Tronsmart Vega S89-H which arrived a couple of days ago. I am really happy with it & it looks like an awesome device. I came from a WDTV Live Streaming media player which was much more basic.

However on the WDTV device I could see it on my macbook as a shared device. With the Tronsmart Vega S89-H I cannot see it at all. I used to be able to drag & drop files with the WDTV but for the moment this is not possible.

I did a scan of my network & got the IP address of the
        Tronsmart Vega S89-H but I still cant seem how to browse it like my previous unit.

Can anyone tell me how I can do this? I did some searches & didnt find an answer but please excuse me if it has been asked & answered before.

Comment

Yeah it supports external . I connected 4tb NTFS toura

Sent from Note 3

Comment

Originally posted by manc01 View Post
            I have a Tronsmart Vega S89-H which arrived a couple of days ago. I am really happy with it & it looks like an awesome device. I came from a WDTV Live Streaming media player which was much more basic.

However on the WDTV device I could see it on my macbook as a shared device. With the Tronsmart Vega S89-H I cannot see it at all. I used to be able to drag & drop files with the WDTV but for the moment this is not possible.

I did a scan of my network & got the IP address of the
            Tronsmart Vega S89-H but I still cant seem how to browse it like my previous unit.

Can anyone tell me how I can do this? I did some searches & didnt find an answer but please excuse me if it has been asked & answered before.
            We are waiting on a modified kernel that will enable Network File Shares, in the mean time you could try a NAS, this way you can dump media on via your computer and pull it off via BS player or XBMC

Comment

In terms of file management the Vega is like any android device, so there are lots of FTP, SSH/SFTP, SAMBA, etc servers for Android that can help you get files on an off the box over the network. Also things like Airdroid or even desktop apps like moborobo.

HTH

Comment

I have one hooked up and I had to install paragon to write to it. After that I was able to use the external drive for torrents. I am running finnless 1.6.

Comment

Originally posted by chris613 View Post
                  In terms of file management the Vega is like any android device, so there are lots of FTP, SSH/SFTP, SAMBA, etc servers for Android that can help you get files on an off the box over the network. Also things like Airdroid or even desktop apps like moborobo.

HTH
                  I am more interested in just being able to browse my HDD that is connected to my Vega from my Mac. Can you elaborate more? Does anyone have an ETA on when the modified kernel may be available?

Comment

Does the Vega support external usb drives?

Originally posted by manc01 View Post
                    I am more interested in just being able to browse my HDD that is connected to my Vega from my Mac. Can you elaborate more? Does anyone have an ETA on when the modified kernel may be available?
                    The drive must be formatted fat32 or NTFS and paragon app from the play store must be installed and you'll be fine.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Working...
                    X