Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadeye901
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
    It sounds like you might be using a "slow" external SD card...

For best performance you want a SD card that is Class10 or Ultra1 or higher...

ShaunMT
    The "fresh" one I bought and used was a SanDisk Ultra Plus UHS-1 Class 10.
    I'm just happy it's working now.

and another thing..

I tried to install SuperSU and it wouldn't load properly. It needed to update the binary, tried both ways no luck.

I loaded a terminal app, no # at the command line so I tried the su command, and it said I didn't have permission.

I thought this rom was rooted, or am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    Originally posted by Deadeye901 View Post
    I have a Next7P12-8G YFG0313...
    NXM727MC_WM
    Build Date 08/14/2013

This tablet would freeze at the third screen.. the finger with the circle spinning. The spinning would stop, and would hang and do nothing else. I tried to start it in the recovery mode by pressing the volume down button while holding power. It would display " upgrading please wait " and then the green android avatar with a geometric shape spinning at the belly would display, and just sit there stuck. This is when I found this site. Thanks for being here.

I downloaded the correct TWRP recovery, loaded the uimage file on a sd card, successfully opened TWRP, and chose BACKUP.. It froze.. the progress bar at the bottom of the screen stopped and even the clock stopped. I gave it a few minutes and tried it again, same thing. So I went to walmart and bought a fresh sd card. Loaded the file and tried again.. but this time, I checked back and hour later, and the time had changed, so I checked back another hour later, and I found that it had backed up successfully.("Backup completed in 7448 seconds,")

Great. I then copied the later zip file (SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-082313-8188eu_wifi.zip) for my tablet and loaded it.. It took two tries, as the first try froze. It loaded correctly, but No Wifi..
    I loaded the earlier one (SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi.zip), and the Wifi now works.

I use this thing like a tv box. HDMI out at 1080p from my home wifi network. Working great again.

This is a fascinating site. I'll be doing a lot of reading here.

It sounds like you might be using a "slow" external SD card...

For best performance you want a SD card that is Class10 or Ultra1 or higher...

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

• Deadeye901
    replied
    Got it working Next7P12-8G

I have a Next7P12-8G YFG0313...
    NXM727MC_WM
    Build Date 08/14/2013

This tablet would freeze at the third screen.. the finger with the circle spinning. The spinning would stop, and would hang and do nothing else. I tried to start it in the recovery mode by pressing the volume down button while holding power. It would display " upgrading please wait " and then the green android avatar with a geometric shape spinning at the belly would display, and just sit there stuck. This is when I found this site. Thanks for being here.

I downloaded the correct TWRP recovery, loaded the uimage file on a sd card, successfully opened TWRP, and chose BACKUP.. It froze.. the progress bar at the bottom of the screen stopped and even the clock stopped. I gave it a few minutes and tried it again, same thing. So I went to walmart and bought a fresh sd card. Loaded the file and tried again.. but this time, I checked back and hour later, and the time had changed, so I checked back another hour later, and I found that it had backed up successfully.("Backup completed in 7448 seconds,")

Great. I then copied the later zip file (SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-082313-8188eu_wifi.zip) for my tablet and loaded it.. It took two tries, as the first try froze. It loaded correctly, but No Wifi..
    I loaded the earlier one (SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi.zip), and the Wifi now works.

I use this thing like a tv box. HDMI out at 1080p from my home wifi network. Working great again.

This is a fascinating site. I'll be doing a lot of reading here.

Leave a comment:

• MizzSanguine
    replied
    Re: TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Thanks for sharing that!

I don't actually own that model, so it's one of the few versions that I haven't tested personally.

ShaunMT
    I started the process at noon and about 9pm last night finally had a working tablet. The second swipe bar was just as much of a pain, but in the end it was worth it.

The tablet works great now! Actually better than it did when it was bought last August. It kicked the bucket in the middle of playing a game about 3 mo after it was bought. I had gotten it working (without Wi-Fi) with your stock ROM from this forum back in January, so I knew eventually there would be a fix for the Wi-Fi. I was glad to see this and the corresponding thread yesterday.

Now when my daughter (9) starts complaining Christmas morning about her brother (14) getting a tablet, I can hand her this one already loaded up with games she likes and that problem will be solved.

Thank you so much for taking the time to upload these!

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    Originally posted by MizzSanguine View Post
    Any hints for how to swipe the swipe bar on the backup screen in TWRP? I can check/uncheck boxes, touch the back arrow, etc, but can not get the swipe circle to move at all to be able to back up. Everything else though "clicks" just fine. Any help would be great as I'm trying to get my Next7p12-8g back to working to give to my daughter.

*I've tried different places all over the circle on the slider as well as slightly outside of it. Have also tried everything from a hard press to a barely touching press. Nothing suggested in previous posts have worked over the past 2hrs I have been trying to slide it.

**3hrs later it finally moved for the first time and swiped all the way to the right side but jumped back to the left side immediately upon reaching the right side and it didn't cause anything to happen. This is aggravating!

***After close to 4hrs of continuous swiping all over around the edges of the circle it finally started the backup!! It was neither above or below center that did it, it was dead center all the way to the left on the very edge if the circle half on the black, half on the circle that made it move.
    Thanks for sharing that!

I don't actually own that model, so it's one of the few versions that I haven't tested personally.

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

• MizzSanguine
    replied
    Any hints for how to swipe the swipe bar on the backup screen in TWRP? I can check/uncheck boxes, touch the back arrow, etc, but can not get the swipe circle to move at all to be able to back up. Everything else though "clicks" just fine. Any help would be great as I'm trying to get my Next7p12-8g back to working to give to my daughter.

*I've tried different places all over the circle on the slider as well as slightly outside of it. Have also tried everything from a hard press to a barely touching press. Nothing suggested in previous posts have worked over the past 2hrs I have been trying to slide it.

**3hrs later it finally moved for the first time and swiped all the way to the right side but jumped back to the left side immediately upon reaching the right side and it didn't cause anything to happen. This is aggravating!

***After close to 4hrs of continuous swiping all over around the edges of the circle it finally started the backup!! It was neither above or below center that did it, it was dead center all the way to the left on the very edge if the circle half on the black, half on the circle that made it move.
    Last edited by MizzSanguine; 12-07-2014, 20:48.

Leave a comment:

• phareux
    replied
    okay, it is working now, how do I chose which files I want to delete from the tablet?

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    Originally posted by phareux View Post
    SMT TWRP Next7P12-NXM727MC WM.Zip is the file I was referring to. I wasn't sure about where to place it after I unzipped it
    That file needs to be unzipped. The uImage_recovery file needs to be removed and placed at the root (top) level of an external SD card.

No further installation is required. When booting the tablet into recovery mode by holding the volume key, the bootloader checks the external SD card to see if it holds a uImage_recovery file, when it finds one, it automatically uses it instead of the internal recovery partition.

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

• phareux
    replied
    SMT TWRP Next7P12-NXM727MC WM.Zip is the file I was referring to. I wasn't sure about where to place it after I unzipped it

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    hi tried to root my nextbook 7p12-8g, downloaded your file, but wasn't sure where to set it.
    Which files are you referring to? What exactly were you unsure about?

also I get the following error messages E: Bad bootloader arguments "(null)", unknown volume for path [/udisk/factory update param.aml] and Cant mount[/udisk/factory update param.aml]
    what can I do? already did factory reset.
    mike
    This a normal error on Amlogic devices and can be ignored. A factory update param.aml file is a script to automate installs so the user doesn't see the recovery menu at all. I don't use one because it doesn't give the user any control over the install process.

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

• phareux
    replied
    nextbook 7

hi tried to root my nextbook 7p12-8g, downloaded your file, but wasn't sure where to set it.

also I get the following error messages E: Bad bootloader arguments "(null)", unknown volume for path [/udisk/factory update param.aml] and Cant mount[/udisk/factory update param.aml]
    what can I do? already did factory reset.
    mike

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    Originally posted by mrkmni View Post
    The TWRP for 8G doesnot work (touch). Is it possible to root the talet then flash it?
    I'm not sure if I can fix the 8G recovery or not... I plan to take a look at it soon...

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

• mrkmni
    replied
    It's failing because the 4G recovery thinks you only have 4gb of memory instead of 8gb and it's trying to wipe the wrong locations... it probably installed parts of the ROM in the wrong locations also...

You need to try to reflash with the 8g recovery.

ShaunMT
    The TWRP for 8G doesnot work (touch). Is it possible to root the talet then flash it?

Leave a comment:

• shaunmt
    replied
    Originally posted by mrkmni View Post
    The first time I was successful after many trials in using TWRP for 8G.
    Then I switched to the second one for 4G, I don't think it has any effect.
    I tried to wipe the internal storage but I failed. Unable to mount emm unable to mount internal storage ..
    It's failing because the 4G recovery thinks you only have 4gb of memory instead of 8gb and it's trying to wipe the wrong locations... it probably installed parts of the ROM in the wrong locations also...

You need to try to reflash with the 8g recovery.

ShaunMT

Leave a comment:

• mrkmni
    replied
    Interesting... I've had alot of reports of of difficulty with the touch on the 8G... I just assumed the touch driver was not correctly aligned with the resolution (as is the case on several other models). I'll have to see what is different between the 4g and 8g versions...

Your WiFi problem is most likely due to one of the following:

The device needs to be wiped... try doing a factory reset (do it twice... sometimes a double wipe seems to be necessary on these).

You've got yet another model with a different WiFi chip inside... I doubt this though...

The install didn't work quite right because you used the 4g recovery with a different partition layout in the recovery kernel than your ROM uses... this would require reflashing with the correct recovery to fix...

ShaunMT

The first time I was successful after many trials in using TWRP for 8G.
    Then I switched to the second one for 4G, I don't think it has any effect.
    I tried to wipe the internal storage but I failed. Unable to mount emm unable to mount internal storage ..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X