Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP: MK908 doesn't boot. No LED lights after flashing stock ROM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP: MK908 doesn't boot. No LED lights after flashing stock ROM.

Hi. My MK908 suddenly started to fall into booting loop. So I flashed it with official stock ROM. Flashing worked well(at least Batch Tool 1.6 says SUCCESS & No errors). However, My MK908 doesn't boot and shows NO Signal. Blue LED lights doesn't turn on. Still I can connect it to PC and flash it. What's wrong? Please help. I'm a newbie. Thanks in advance.

the same happened to me. I can flash any rom with success but when it boots the screen is black. Blue led is on.
    I have MK908 v3. Any help is welcome.

Comment

I had a similar problem with my Mk908 V5, spent days trying to figure it out. Turned out when I was flashing back my stock rom with batchtool I was using restore when I should have been using the upgrade button

After flashing back using the upgrade button everything went fine

Comment

Thanks but It doesn't work for me

Thanks for your advice.
        However, unfortunately, it didn't work for me.
        It flashes flawlessly with UPGRADE button as well but nothing changes.
        Was your MK908's LED lights also dead? For me, I'm worrying about power circuit problem. Why no LED lights?

Comment

Originally posted by geek7319 View Post
          Thanks for your advice.
          However, unfortunately, it didn't work for me.
          It flashes flawlessly with UPGRADE button as well but nothing changes.
          Was your MK908's LED lights also dead? For me, I'm worrying about power circuit problem. Why no LED lights?
          The only time my mk908 had no led after a flash was if I flashed the wrong stock rom or kernal for my device.

what version Mk908 do you have?

Comment

After many tries and flashes, my mk908 works with finless 1.8 but the problem now is that HDMI works randomly, I have picture for seconds and black screen is back. If I'm lucky the picture comes back but disappears again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ploggy View Post
              The only time my mk908 had no led after a flash was if I flashed the wrong stock rom or kernal for my device.

what version Mk908 do you have?
              I have no idea how to find out the version but I bought it as a new product recently. less than 1 month.
              Do I have to unbox it to find out the version? How?

Any advice is welcome.

Comment

I have no idea how to find out the version but I bought it as a new product recently. less than 1 month.
                Do I have to unbox it to find out the version? How?

Any advice is welcome.

Yes, you have to remove the case to see what version you have, it's printed on the mobo.
                Chances are if you recently purchased it it's probably a V5 like mine. If thats the case then this should work for you.
                Hi guys: Here is the newest stock firmware for Tronsmart MK908, this firmware can work on V3 and V5 board. (V5 is the lastest board, and now all of the Tronsmart MK908 we shipped are V5 board). PS: how to check if you are V3 or V5 board, now the only method to check is […]

Remember to click upgrade to flash it

Comment

SOLVED:Thanks

Originally posted by Ploggy View Post
                  Yes, you have to remove the case to see what version you have, it's printed on the mobo.
                  Chances are if you recently purchased it it's probably a V5 like mine. If thats the case then this should work for you.
                  Hi guys: Here is the newest stock firmware for Tronsmart MK908, this firmware can work on V3 and V5 board. (V5 is the lastest board, and now all of the Tronsmart MK908 we shipped are V5 board). PS: how to check if you are V3 or V5 board, now the only method to check is […]

Remember to click upgrade to flash it

Thanks everyone. I've solved the problem. Just flashed it with Finless ROM 1.8 and the blue LED is back. Finless Rom boots properly and I can use the device. Thank you.
                  Well, I have another question. How can I go back to the stock firmware. Just download stock rom and flash it with RK Batch tool 1.6 or 1.7? Do I need another procedure to go back to the stock rom?

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've solved the problem. Just flashed it with Finless ROM 1.8 and the blue LED is back. Finless Rom boots properly and I can use the device. Thank you.
                    Well, I have another question. How can I go back to the stock firmware. Just download stock rom and flash it with RK Batch tool 1.6 or 1.7? Do I need another procedure to go back to the stock rom?

Yes, what you said is what you have todo.

Glad you got your device up and running.

Comment

Working...
                    X