PMID701i battery issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID701i battery issues

I've already downloaded the airplane mode app and activated it. It doesn't seem to be helping the battery any. I've tried to find the Any Cut app to see where my battery is being eaten up, but it's not available on Google Play. Any recommendations?

Originally posted by vannatte View Post
    I've already downloaded the airplane mode app and activated it. It doesn't seem to be helping the battery any. I've tried to find the Any Cut app to see where my battery is being eaten up, but it's not available on Google Play. Any recommendations?
    No one?

Comment

Don't remember where I. Got it. Try getjar 1mobile or blackmart (some pirated apps only download the free)
      I get about 3 hrs on mine with wifi and heavy use. You can try running the battery all the way down and charging it overnight. Sometimes the system may report it fully charged erroneously. Heard ICS gets better life. Anyone else?

Any Cut: Any Cut lets you create Home screen shortcuts to anything you want.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
        Don't remember where I. Got it. Try getjar 1mobile or blackmart (some pirated apps only download the free)
        I get about 3 hrs on mine with wifi and heavy use. You can try running the battery all the way down and charging it overnight. Sometimes the system may report it fully charged erroneously. Heard ICS gets better life. Anyone else?

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/any-cut
        Ok, so I got Any Cut downloaded and accessed it, but their is no "battery usage" option...just battery. When I go to battery, there is a "mobile network signal" taking up most of the battery. I just can't find a way to turn this off. Dumb question, but does it make a difference if I have a 701i?

Comment

Also, when I go in to edit the phone.apk...it's already labeled something like "Old!Phone.old.apk". Not sure if I should change this or not.

Comment

Also, when I go in to edit the phone.apk...it's already labeled something like "Old!Phone.old.apk". Not sure if I should change this or not.
            I was going to mention that. Check out the 1st sticky. When I renamed my phone. Apk to phone. old it started force closing and I held the pwr button to reboot. This cleared the battery usage stat for me but I didn't really notice longer battery life.
            The graph in the battery usage might be a false positive imo.
            What kind of real world life are you getting? Turn off wifi and dim screen works best for me.

Need a test running video til low battery shutdown on reported full charge vs overnight charge. It may be subjective but it seems to last longer on overnight charge.

I wouldn't think the app would still have the apk extension if it had been disabled.
            I keep hoping someone more qualified would weigh in, but they may all be playing with newer and shinier toys.

If you really need more battery life, there are auxiliary batteries for phones that could work. Duct tape one on! (Ha) (gub giggle under breath)

Comment

Working...
            X