X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBMC Buffer Problem

Hi There ,

I've got the Problem that if I play any 1080p .mkv/.mts File in XBMC it stops after some seconds an starts buffering....than stops again...buffering...and so on

If I browse to the Movies through the ES File Explorer and start it with XBMC it rans smoothly

These Files are on an SMB Folder (LAN Connection).
    Perhaps any Buffering Tweaks that I have to make?
    I used ACEMAX 20140516 (rooted) with Oman's XBMC.
    Tested Tronsmart XBMC RC also as some Nightlies also the Finless Rom, nothing changed.

Second Question: Any "easy" Solution to run Stock XBMC with Hardware Decoding?

Greets

Problem only on Wifi , not ethernet.

I have this problem myself, some videos would either buffer or stutter.

Experimented with connecting with a hardwired ethernet connection instead of WiFi and problems went away.

When I tried ES File Manager (LAN/SMB) on Wifi , with the XBMC player, that played videos smoothly.

My guess is the ES File Manager is using some tweaks to improve SMB throughput over Wifi.

Found some info tweaking XBMC Video cache here to try out:

Comment

Originally posted by dy57 View Post
      I have this problem myself, some videos would either buffer or stutter.

Experimented with connecting with a hardwired ethernet connection instead of WiFi and problems went away.

When I tried ES File Manager (LAN/SMB) on Wifi , with the XBMC player, that played videos smoothly.

My guess is the ES File Manager is using some tweaks to improve SMB throughput over Wifi.

Found some info tweaking XBMC Video cache here to try out:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...he_video_cache
      THANK YOU! This Link was the Jackpott. Buffering Problems are gone.
      But this Bufferprobs are on Ethernet Connection and WiFi...on my Box...Shame to this FW
      The LAN Connection is about 1GB/s Fulll, so I think this is not the Problem.
      Last edited by Black Hola; 05-28-2014, 09:42.

Comment

Working...
      X