Here comes our professional explanation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
    That is a common misconception by those ignorant of how computers work...

The quality of the other components that are used on the motherboard also make a huge difference in overall performance... It isn't just about which CPU/GPU that is used.

Back in the day, I custom built a computer for a client with an AMD Athlon 3000+ with 4Gb of system memory.... another client chose to purchase a HP computer with an AMD Athlon 3500+ and 8Gb of memory ( which was cheaper than the one I assembled )... the custom build I did with a slower CPU and less memory still out performed the other off the shelf system by a good 10% more... The performance differences were all due to the quality of the other components used on the system board I chose.

That is only true for windows computer, certainly not for android tv box....
    Same couple cpu/gpu android tv box = same overall pure performance.
    That's it for now... no?

I don't talking about wifi perf, or fabrication quality, or support, of course.
    BTW, Topic subject is about fake antutu, not about overall quality of a product or a brand.

Comment

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
      Thanks, good quality hardware is important as it's like the foundation of a building, you build things on it. And also the software support is essential, not just a few months but years, right now we are still supporting our first product, NEO G4, launched about 2 yrs ago, it will be receiving a new update this week.
      Yes...Very good reasons to prefer your product (I own X5/X7 BTW).

But X8 will have same benchmarks scores than others S802 devices
      It s my point... Benchmarks is useless to choose a TV box device of same CPU group.
      Building quality AND sofware support = best combo IMO

Comment

LOL.its all about not loosing face,isnt it Minix? We all know about antutu cheat,therefore the clever one use Antutu X,difference is 31K to 23K on my beelink m8.On the other side,i guess and hope your new x8 blows the x7 away,because x7 its the most disapointing device i ever own in my life

Comment

Originally posted by Lars42 View Post
          LOL.its all about not loosing face,isnt it Minix? We all know about antutu cheat,therefore the clever one use Antutu X,difference is 31K to 23K on my beelink m8.On the other side,i guess and hope your new x8 blows the x7 away,because x7 its the most disapointing device i ever own in my life
          Rockchip !

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
            Rockchip !
            Yes your right! But my pipo m 9 rk3188 spring 2013 on first stock ROM works better than minix x7 now after 10 updates....

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              This is why I really do not like benchmark programs. A low score or a high score does not mean a lot!
              I have made ROMs that scored lower by 3K or so yet users said it felt much faster and performed better!
              But some people love to chase that Antutu score

Bob

I have said this all along bob and posted it before this has been happing for years even with 2gb memory stick making them look like 8gb and still happing with clone Samsung s5 phones etc they are under speced with less memory and cpu speeds but when antutu is run it shows same speeds as an oem Samsung phone

Personally mini 8 won't be any quicker than the m8 square or beelink etc there all same they might introduce some visul tweaks thinking the unit is faster but at the end of the day there all running same amlogic s802 and ram etc. and personaly the only difference will be quality build and possibly better wifi due to external antenna.

Now is it really worth double the price only you can answer that?

JustMe
              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Here comes our professional explanation

Originally posted by Lars42 View Post
                Yes your right! But my pipo m 9 rk3188 spring 2013 on first stock ROM works better than minix x7 now after 10 updates....
                In terms of what?
                A tablet doesn't need to use HDMI which was the biggest issue of RK3188.
                Stock ROM on spring can run XBMC? Better wifi signal than X7? Or what? May I know?

Comment

If you are only looking at benchmarks to define what device is good or not... you've completely missed the point... I probably shouldn't have used that alone as the example I gave but it was one part of it. Minix probably hit on the most expensive part... the after sales support that a company provides. With many of the devices out there.. you can almost count yourself lucky to see one or two ROM updates before the company quits working on them. Then they make a new model and hope you'll buy it next... So Minix is one of the top end companies that still continues to support their older models and very few companies can say that.

But it still goes further than just performance or support when judging a device as a good one or not. The quality of the components makes a huge difference in not only performance but more importantly reliability. Take resistors as one example... you can get say a 10Ω resistor... they are offered as a standard 20% tolerance, a 10% tolerance, a 5% tolerance or a 1% tolerance... or capacitors where there are not only different tolerances but several types such as ceramic, film, electrolytic, solid core etc... The cost difference from the low cost to the high quality low tolerance ones is huge... But using the higher quality ones can mean the difference between a consistent quality device and one that works ok for one person but not ok for another.

The point being in all of this... people due to their lack of knowledge don't take into account all of these differences and what they mean.... they tend to just look at what speed they are told and the price... It's simply more complex than that if you want a good one that can last. Even the best quality device can have a failure... but it happens much less than you'll see with a cheaply built one made of the lower quality parts where the company has no plans to provide support beyond their next product release.

Comment

@rdsok... Yes, yes, yes.... I agree of course.
                    But don't forget we are talking about little gadgets. Cost = 100€ Seriously ...
                    Pleasure is to own this gadget, to tune it, to enjoy it, and finally buy another one... Life cycle 6/8months....

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                      Pleasure is to own this gadget, to tune it, to enjoy it, and finally buy another one... Life cycle 6/8months....
                      M8 i dont know how is life in france but here in greece we dont have the luxury to change devices every 6 months... (but i try to lol)

Comment

Originally posted by bluechris View Post
                        M8 i dont know how is life in france but here in greece we dont have the luxury to change devices every 6 months... (but i try to lol)
                        I agree, I like to buy a product that works properly and will last for years, otherwise it's trash I won't waste my valuable time on. I am still looking for an Android t.v. box, maybe Minix can get one to work without issues. Minix thanks for coming forward about cheating issue and real performance of the hardware. I will be waiting for rock solid performance reviews and reports out of tha X8s before ordering.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                          If you are only looking at benchmarks to define what device is good or not... you've completely missed the point... I probably shouldn't have used that alone as the example I gave but it was one part of it. Minix probably hit on the most expensive part... the after sales support that a company provides. With many of the devices out there.. you can almost count yourself lucky to see one or two ROM updates before the company quits working on them. Then they make a new model and hope you'll buy it next... So Minix is one of the top end companies that still continues to support their older models and very few companies can say that.

But it still goes further than just performance or support when judging a device as a good one or not. The quality of the components makes a huge difference in not only performance but more importantly reliability. Take resistors as one example... you can get say a 10Ω resistor... they are offered as a standard 20% tolerance, a 10% tolerance, a 5% tolerance or a 1% tolerance... or capacitors where there are not only different tolerances but several types such as ceramic, film, electrolytic, solid core etc... The cost difference from the low cost to the high quality low tolerance ones is huge... But using the higher quality ones can mean the difference between a consistent quality device and one that works ok for one person but not ok for another.

The point being in all of this... people due to their lack of knowledge don't take into account all of these differences and what they mean.... they tend to just look at what speed they are told and the price... It's simply more complex than that if you want a good one that can last. Even the best quality device can have a failure... but it happens much less than you'll see with a cheaply built one made of the lower quality parts where the company has no plans to provide support beyond their next product release.
                          We strive to use the great quality components to ensure the durability and stability of the products.

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                            In real life... I wouldn't think that lifecycle would be considered reasonable or responsible. As simply a toy project... it would be up to the individual if that would be enough. On a standard Windows PC... I try to build one that will last at least 7 years or more with the understanding that performance wise it won't probably be able to handle everything after something like 3-5 years of useable performance. Since these are not Windows PC's... I can only guess that we can expect the 3-5 year lifespan at best and I won't guess as the useable lifespan but with my smartphones I'm getting 2+ years now and usually upgrade before I actually need another one.

For my own needs... I'm using my Neo x7 as a mini-MediaPC where watching 1080p video is the hardest thing it's got to provide. The Rockchip RK3188 CPU/GPU was the first of the Rockchip processors to provide adequate performance to do just that. The biggest issues I believe that are left are software based ones, making the OS and the apps run on it more reliable... Minix already provides a reliable hardware to run them and they've been developing more stable OS ROM's as they can.

As a gaming PC... I suspect it is still lacking for the hard core gamer... I'm not one so that part wouldn't apply to my own needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              This is why I really do not like benchmark programs. A low score or a high score does not mean a lot!
                              I have made ROMs that scored lower by 3K or so yet users said it felt much faster and performed better!
                              But some people love to chase that Antutu score

Bob
                              Agreed !
                              The roms with the lowest antutu scrores proved to be the most stable and fastest of them all.
                              So forget Antutu and all other benchmarks.

A car has a lot of Horsepower.. who checked the tourque ?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
                                We strive to use the great quality components to ensure the durability and stability of the products.
                                Which is why I hold out on other devices and wait for the Minix Nothing else compares!

Comment

Working...
                                X