Quick question from a new (paranoid) Minix Neo X7 user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question from a new (paranoid) Minix Neo X7 user

I just received the unit and flashed the 3.1 Nitro Rom tonight. One oddity was the fact that when I initially connected to a PC and held in the recovery button, it connected and I installed the drivers. Afterward, I rebooted (as it says everywhere to reboot afterward) and reconnected again. I was about to flash the rom, but had to run into the other room for something. After about a minute, I heard the tone of the USB disconnect. I came back out and the Minix was no longer detected by the OS. I had to remove power, plug it back in and push the recovery button again to allow it to reconnect. I flashed the rom without issue afterward.

Maybe just paranoid with my new toy, but is that normal? If you connect in recovery mode to a PC and leave it for a minute or two does it just timeout and disconnect on its own? Thanks for any info!

Originally posted by zektor View Post
    I just received the unit and flashed the 3.1 Nitro Rom tonight. One oddity was the fact that when I initially connected to a PC and held in the recovery button, it connected and I installed the drivers. Afterward, I rebooted (as it says everywhere to reboot afterward) and reconnected again. I was about to flash the rom, but had to run into the other room for something. After about a minute, I heard the tone of the USB disconnect. I came back out and the Minix was no longer detected by the OS. I had to remove power, plug it back in and push the recovery button again to allow it to reconnect. I flashed the rom without issue afterward.

Maybe just paranoid with my new toy, but is that normal? If you connect in recovery mode to a PC and leave it for a minute or two does it just timeout and disconnect on its own? Thanks for any info!
    thats a known issue.
    some users had the same issue.
    if all went fine -> then fine ^^
    if not ->> reflash but this time pls hold the needle or whatever u are using to push the resetbutton on the minix all the time the minix is flashing.
    -->> ALL THE TIME ^^
    then the minix wont reconnect or disconnect itself from the pc.
    when the minix is 100% flashed then and ONLY then u can put the needle away from the resetbutton

give it a try

Comment

Whew, good to know. Thank you for the reply. It is fine and flashed

Comment

If you start flashing soon after it has connected to your PC is shouldn't disconnect by itself until after it has finished, mine does the same.

Comment

Working...
        X