Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to control your NEO X8-H with your Android Smartphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to control your NEO X8-H with your Android Smartphone?

Here is the instruction for how to control your neo x8-h with your android smartphone.

Now NEO X8-H just support android smartphone/tablet control, NO APPLE, WP phone support. You also make sure your NEO X8-H and android smartphone/tablet in the same wireless network!!

Step 1: Open the remote control function in your NEO X8-H TV BOX:

Step 2: Download and install the following remote control app to your android smartphone or tablet:

Step 3: Find the app you just installed, should called: REMOTE IME, and then launch it, you will see this:

Just type the ip address above( it is the neo x8-h ip) and it will connect. then you will find this:

Mouse mode:

Ok, that’s all.

Enjoy your NEO X8-H!!

Eric

Geekbuying

Source from: http://bit.ly/TfSd2a
    Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

it is same for all s802 boxes

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
      it is same for all s802 boxes
      Yeap, but Minix tell me you can't use the regular remote control apk in NEO X8-H, you should use this "special ones". so i write it down

Eric
      Looking for developers
      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Android Remote app issues

Hey Eric
        Has anyone got this program to work with the Neo X8-H. I tried last night with no luck. When I click the remote control button on, an IP address shows up. I then open the app and it searches for server. After it stops I click the 3 button from the left (the pencil) and add my IP address. I get nothing. I click search for server again. Nothing. Can you give me some advise?
        Thanks

Comment

Check your network settings. Sometimes they don't allow wifi devices to talk to each other.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NikAmi View Post
            Check your network settings. Sometimes they don't allow wifi devices to talk to each other.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by gadget007 View Post
            Hey Eric
            Has anyone got this program to work with the Neo X8-H. I tried last night with no luck. When I click the remote control button on, an IP address shows up. I then open the app and it searches for server. After it stops I click the 3 button from the left (the pencil) and add my IP address. I get nothing. I click search for server again. Nothing. Can you give me some advise?
            Thanks
            i had this happen a few times, exit the app go to your android phone
            - go into system settings
            - then to apps
            - then scroll to the RemoteIME app click it
            - then hit the force stop button
            - then hit your home button
            - now go back into your remoteIME again and see if it can see your minix
            this worked for me

Comment

Re: How to control your NEO X8-H with your Android Smartphone?

Does this work with finless 1.0 rom? It was working for me prior to updating to finless . Not the remoteIME app cannot find my x8h.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Comment

FYI - I was never able to get the app to work. I am running Finless 1.0 rom. I have the same problem as you do - cannot find my x8h. I tried all the suggestions but no luck. Hope you have better success than me.

Originally posted by gagan View Post
                Does this work with finless 1.0 rom? It was working for me prior to updating to finless . Not the remoteIME app cannot find my x8h.

Comment

Mirror X8-H with sony xperia SP and galaxy tab 2

I wanted to know if I can do mirror my X8-H with my Sony xperia SP (4.2.2) or my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 with Cyanogenmod 11 and I've tried with miracast but in the smartphone tells me there is no output on my X8-H while the smartphone is detected in my X8-H. With my tablet using wifi direct is not detected by my X8-H. I think I read that it was inconsistent but I wanted to confirm it because I can not make it work.

Comment

Hey Eric
                    Thanks
                    Make sure you use the stock firmware, and model name is NEO X8-H, don't change the model name or use other roms.

Originally posted by ebrown761 View Post
                    i had this happen a few times, exit the app go to your android phone
                    - go into system settings
                    - then to apps
                    - then scroll to the RemoteIME app click it
                    - then hit the force stop button
                    - then hit your home button
                    - now go back into your remoteIME again and see if it can see your minix
                    this worked for me
                    thanks for your suggestion!

Originally posted by gagan View Post

just for stock firmware.

FYI - I was never able to get the app to work. I am running Finless 1.0 rom. I have the same problem as you do - cannot find my x8h. I tried all the suggestions but no luck. Hope you have better success than me.
                    sorry, sir, it just work for stock firmware.

Originally posted by ave View Post
                    I wanted to know if I can do mirror my X8-H with my Sony xperia SP (4.2.2) or my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 with Cyanogenmod 11 and I've tried with miracast but in the smartphone tells me there is no output on my X8-H while the smartphone is detected in my X8-H. With my tablet using wifi direct is not detected by my X8-H. I think I read that it was inconsistent but I wanted to confirm it because I can not make it work.
                    the neo x8-h SHOULD not support miracast from sony and samsung device due to HDCP problem, if you want to mirror your sony , samsung device to TV, try Tronsmart T1000, that works great.

Eric
                    Looking for developers
                    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                      Yeap, but Minix tell me you can't use the regular remote control apk in NEO X8-H, you should use this "special ones". so i write it down

Eric
                      Hi Eric,
                      this app has problems with capital letters when submitted via virtual keyboard function.
                      Would you please double check and let me know how to fix it? Thx.

Comment

Problem with mi Galaxy 4 NEO X8-H and Remote Control MINIX

Hello
                        i have problema with mi galaxy s4 and remote control, i install the program in my galaxy but the bottom click, mode mouse, don't function with the browser. Are there option to change the velocity of click?

other problem , don't function miracast NEO X8-H with my galaxy s4

Comment

Re: How to control your NEO X8-H with your Android Smartphone?

Could somebody please tell me what this function does?
                          it's one of the three mouse modes

Comment

For XBMC use I recommend Yatse (it's in the Play Store). Hands down the best XBMC remote I have used on Android, it's just fantastic.

Comment

Is there any change to mirror the screen/display of the Neo to an Android Tablet or smartphone? So it would be possible to control the Neo for listening music without switching the TV on.

Comment

Working...
                              X