Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saor11 View Post
    Bob

Tried the 1200 fix and 1000 fix the 1200 is Max 1600 and the 1000 is Max 1200 on CPU z ?

Sent from my NX403A using Tapatalk
    Use Antutu CPU master not CPUz. It's know not to read correct for AML S802.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I stand corrected :-)

Comment

If I switch over to IPTV box and return to my s89 have to reboot to get screen back to normal.not the end of the world could be worse

Comment

I'd like to add to this thread that I have an old 720p TV and AFAICT 1.7 broke the video output from XBMC - audio works, but the view area is just black. I tried installing this fix to see if it would bring it back but it didn't - I cold booted, saw the 720p in the logo, confirmed it matched the mbox settings app, and that XBMC itself was showing 720p in the System->Video Output settings. Still no video.

I flashed 1.6, restored my backup, and voila - XBMC is working again. I didn't do much science on it after that since I like to have a working TV box, but I really don't think it was any XBMC settings or other oops because I restored from the same backups on 1.6 and 1.7.

I patiently await 106K4 and 1.8 to give it another try. I hope us 720p folks don't get left behind as I really don't have a need for a new TV

Comment

Bob, is there anyway to hard lock it at 720P instead of making it selectable, that way it would always be forced to use this resolution even if the TV was turned off or input was changed ??

This update is big news for me as it has solved a major problem I have had since day 1, where one of my critical use apps thought my 720 display was 1080 and was messed up, unfortunately, whilst that app now works correctly I am getting the small 720 on what it thinks is a larger 1080 screen.

I can't just reboot due to some other reasons I don't want to bore you with.

Comment

Is possible you create a 720p fix patch for version 107k4? please no change the logo... sorry but no like

Comment

Originally posted by manu81 View Post
                Is possible you create a 720p fix patch for version 107k4? please no change the logo... sorry but no like
                You cant please everyone. If I do one you will get what you get.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
                  Yes... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
                    Agreed with this! just do what you do best and make things to a standard. You really cant waste time and energy making personal editions of things for members.

Comment

Excuse for me responding to this thread, since I am on stock 108k4 ROM, not on a Finless ROM but I have a question.

I have an old CRT-television connected to my s89-H and when I play 720p movies in XBMC 13.2 Stane, I am not getting the full video screen, just the top left quadrant. I'm guessing this is the same issue some of you are having on your 720p tv's (via HDMI).
                      Question: can I use the 720p fixer patch from post #1 too? I'm not getting into any problems then?

Or doesn't this problem exist on 1080p tv's (does it?), then maybe I should change my s89-h to output 720p for now? Would that solve the problem too? If so, do I need to edit build.prop to do that?

Thanks,

Wim
                      EDIT: I think I should change these in build.prop:
                      const.window.w=19200 -> const.window.w=1280
                      const.window.h=1080 -> const.window.h=720

But what about these:
                      #ro.platform.has.1080scale=2 (is commented out, change in ro.platform.has.1080scale=2 ?)
                      #ro.sf.lcd_density=240 (is commented out, change in ro.sf.lcd_density=160 ?)

EDIT2:
                      I think I am beginning to understand the problem after reading this thread

I think the box doesn't set the correct resolution. I have it set to 576 but xbmc and youtube think it's 1080p. Thats why "adb shell wm size" and overscan settings are messed up when launching xbmc or youtube.
                      I have cec off and I can't set hdmi auto to off. Maybe I need script in the other thread too?
                      Last edited by WimK; 09-19-2014, 15:27.

Comment

I could borrow a 1080i tv and attached it to the HDMI of my s89-h.
                        I set HDMI auto dect off and set it to 1080i 60Hz, but when I disconnect the HDMI and connect the AV-out again the HMDI setting is greyed out and back to 720p 50Hz. It's back to 1080i when I connect the 1080i tv.
                        When I start a 720p video I get a normal screen and when I than unplug the HDMI and get output on the AV-out again I also get a normal screen on my crt. BUT, when I stop that video and start it again the problem is back.

Is this HDMI setting stored in a file somewhere or in a variable I can change?

EDIT:
                        I understand now that my problem was a different problem. When playing a video in xbmc, it was blown up and I could see only the top left quarter. Solved it with the help of the info in the other thread.
                        Sorry for posting here.
                        Last edited by WimK; 09-23-2014, 09:33.

Comment

Working...
                        X