New firmware 0617 for M8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoSkillz View Post
    If you change the resolution to 1080i instead of 720p it will correct the cropping issue.
    I checked and it was already set to that. Good to make sure and for future to remember just in case as will be upgrading ROM soon. Thank you for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcellenz View Post
      Try switching off all other video hw accelleration but leave on libstagefright

M
      Thanks Marcellen. I had that exact setting before and it performed better. I just did it again and it solved the problem. We need a basic guide of few vital tips like yours for new people, hopefully after Bob does his new ROM. Thanks again, problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        My 1.7 ROM will fix this issue as I made a 720P patcher like I did for my S89 1.7 ROM.

Stay tuned, I will have you a fix.

Oh and the problem is you have a 720P TV not a 1080P TV and this is the problem with all the new ROMs locking the desktop to 1080 resolution and screwing up APPs that look at this.

See here for more info for now:

Bob
        Thanks Bob. My TV is 1080p and had it working befiore and Marcellenz's tip just fixed the problem. My dektop was 1080p too. I just read your link and it is interesting to learn the details.

I am basically waiting for your ROM based on this new firmware as it seems fast and slicker. I have 3 other input devices apart from the M8 remote and messing about is fast for me as well as a few browser remotes which are not good on xbmc. I also have easy access to network drives for fast dual pane file transfer and with Titanium can restore all my apps to new ROMs in a jiffy. So just waiting like all the others for your new ROM based on this F/W with all the other patches you are cooking up in the kitchen. Thanks for saving this square M8 for all of us.

Thanks again.

Comment

Another thing I have noticed. This 0617firmware has reintroduced the "blue light bug" When switching off, well to sleepmode to be more specific, the blue light stays on.

Comment

My blue light goes off and stays off. There were some niggling problems but in recovery I factory reset before flashing this ROM again and the little problems disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by userofthenet View Post
              change log:
              1. with XBMC new version 13.1 installed
              2. the screen problem with video playback when the resolution is not 1080P
              3. support 4K*2K video now
              http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.U6FrZ71ZTqB
              I experience dropouts with streaming AUDIO (plays ok for a few minutes, then starts dropping seconds every minute or less) , also the box seems to quit XBMC after approx. 30 minutes of streaming audio.
              Suspect WIFI to be the cause.... can you please advise?

I am on WIFI 5 GHz with 58-65 MBps

Comment

what kernal version does this have?

JustMe
                Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Working...
                X