Differences between ROMs - Alternatives to Android for the Minix NEO X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a question...
    On my mobile after flashing cwm o twrp, I can flash any rom directly from recovery.
    On X7 last saturday I flashed Finless 1.9, including twrp.
    Now can I flash other roms directly from recovery or on these devices RKflashtool must be used everytime?

Comment

Not to stir up things again, but I feel compelled to comment here. I think this thread could have a lot of potential to be very helpful to users & devs. I would think anybody who shares their experiences with roms and even apps will help development for all not just the user.

Yes we can all simply read the changelogs and "BUGS KNOWN" area in OP of roms, and even look at a video review or screenshots shared but it may not tell all. It always helps to reorganize information in another thread (like a "Everything KK Neo X7" thread "if" we had many KK roms ), as long as we dont have multiple threads started regarding same thing.

I agree it is best to comment in roms OP since that is most likely the place the Dev will see comments and reply, but some problems may be on other FW as well which one may not notice if it is reported on only one thread. ....Anyways Ill shut up and I will try some roms and report back soon. and Thanks to you devs for all your work here. You guys are great!
      P.E.A.C.E- Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation

Comment

Currently running quickshot 3.1 over clocked to the Max. System runs stable like this. Things that don't work with this ROM are google play music and pass through audio requires a hacked buggy version of xbmc. If you use google music or pass through audio stay away from this ROM. I've used stock but hated the stupid overlay that would only run xbmc in 720p. layayn

Comment

I read yesterday that the Rasperry pi rebooted by connecting an external device via USB to the computer when the device requires too much power from the USB port. This experience I could make also with the Minix X7 with firmware from minix and with different custom ROMs too. Someone the same experiences?

Robert Lemke | Cologne (Ger)

Comment

Working...
          X