This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mite_jan View Post
    what about those with Realtek RTL8188CUS wifi chipsets ? (RTL8192CU uses the same driver too)
    any way to make wifi work?
    For drivers I beleive you must inject them into the system.img file and then they will be available but they may not be picked up by the kernel so something else need to be done to the ini file.

You will have to wait for someone with more knowledge than me on this one.

Comment

Wifi drivers are proprietary and built into the rockchip kernel. So, no dice..

Comment

Well another brick wall has been hit.

I simply cannot find a single tool to extract boot.img that works.

So to make the adjustments to ini files you must unpack the boot.img and then the ramdisk. Only issue is I have found not one app in Windows that works.

trying to get Ubuntu setup now or even a tutorial for Android.

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
          Well another brick wall has been hit.

I simply cannot find a single tool to extract boot.img that works.

So to make the adjustments to ini files you must unpack the boot.img and then the ramdisk. Only issue is I have found not one app in Windows that works.

trying to get Ubuntu setup now or even a tutorial for Android.
          On windows use SergioPoverony's tool to unpack.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
            On windows use SergioPoverony's tool to unpack.

I tried his tool.... then I searched again. Found the same package with 8 version in it. Then I searched deeper in the rabbit hole and BOOM! I found a new version 4.2.80.00 and low and behold it works!!

Thanks for making me look againx2

So I did a quick test and the fstab.rk....unkown file can be made to kill off the internal link!!

Now I just have to figure out the string to get the usb HD to come up as the NAND. I did it once and I'll do it again.

Once I get the string I'll also figure out the external_sd in case anyone wants to use a microSD as the NAND.

Check back tomorrow as tonight I have chores to do with my horses so I wont start this trek till 9AM central US.

Comment

[QUOTE=reddragon72;204308]I tried his tool.... then I searched again. Found the same package with 8 version in it. Then I searched deeper in the rabbit hole and BOOM! I found a new version 4.2.80.00 and low and behold it works!!/QUOTE]

I have tried the Tools V4.2.80.00 but whatever I do I get the following error when I try to open any .img such as system.img or boot.img "Uncorrect name or system patch, space character was found!"

What am I doing wrong?

I am using a MX! with RK3066 updated to KitKat and have extracted the .img files (boot, system, kpanic, user, etc) as per the Finless procedure.

Comment

[QUOTE=enviro8;204322]
                Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
                I tried his tool.... then I searched again. Found the same package with 8 version in it. Then I searched deeper in the rabbit hole and BOOM! I found a new version 4.2.80.00 and low and behold it works!!/QUOTE]

I have tried the Tools V4.2.80.00 but whatever I do I get the following error when I try to open any .img such as system.img or boot.img "Uncorrect name or system patch, space character was found!"

What am I doing wrong?

I am using a MX! with RK3066 updated to KitKat and have extracted the .img files (boot, system, kpanic, user, etc) as per the Finless procedure.
                The tool is designed for the main IMG file not the individual broken out files boot,system, etc.

Load up the main img that contains the whole image(which is linked on the first page) then load that at the top. Once you unpack that you can then unpack and edit the remaining and then repack everything.

The extracted boot.img can be found in the temp/boot/boot.img.unkrnl.dump directory.
                Once you have edited what you wanted then go back into the firmware tools app and hit build. Your newly built boot.img file can now be found in temp/android/image

One thing to note don't close the firmware tool app. you can always reopen the app and reopen the project but I find it easier just to leave it open.

have fun!!!

Comment

Wierd performance

Hi Shomari,
                  I'm curious in how could you get such a high AnTuTu scores ~15000 for RK3066 based device?
                  My UG007 1st.(with MTK wifi/BT)is flashed with kernel from your post#159 now and shows me the same score like stock kernel with Overlay dissabled.
                  All tweaks mentioned by you have been implemented too.
                  But I couldn't reach higher than ~12500.
                  What is your AnTuTu version?
                  And why in your screenshots GPU descriptions were shown as Mali-T604 or PowerVR SGX 544MP?
                  Were these images from you smartphone/tablet(with Amlogic/Samsung chip) and you just wrongly posted them here?
                  These pictures definitely don't refer to RK3066 w/MTK chipset.
                  Expain me please, because I have newer seen such a miracle before and it makes me crazy
                  I use AnTuTu V4.5.1 and my real score is here
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-16-12-16-55.png
Views:	1
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	434156
                  Kind regards
                  CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                  CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                  K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                    Hi Shomari,
                    I'm curious in how could you get such a high AnTuTu scores ~15000 for RK3066 based device?
                    My UG007 1st.(with MTK wifi/BT)is flashed with kernel from your post#159 now and shows me the same score like stock kernel with Overlay dissabled.
                    All tweaks mentioned by you have been implemented too.
                    How are you so sure your configuration is a 1:1 match with mine? I can assure you, it's not.

But I couldn't reach higher than ~12500.
                    What is your AnTuTu version?
                    The latest, and I just ran a test for kicks and it came back 14935. I can go much higher, this is just what's proven to be stable.

And why in your screenshots GPU descriptions were shown as Mali-T604 or PowerVR SGX 544MP?
                    Because I utilize GLTools graphics optimizer to boost graphics performance in my tv sticks. I've covered this and how in many threads, even the one's where I'm accused of doctoring screenshots. (kind of like now)

Were these images from you smartphone/tablet(with Amlogic/Samsung chip) and you just wrongly posted them here?
                    No.

These pictures definitely don't refer to RK3066 w/MTK chipset.
                    Expain me please, because I have newer seen such a miracle before and it makes me crazy
                    I use AnTuTu V4.5.1 and my real score is here
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7168[/ATTACH]
                    Kind regards
                    You can't pose a question around a definitive statement. It's either you want an answer, or you're providing the answer(s) for me - which you are.

I use GLTools to emulate features and that requires spoofing of the internal GPU to achieve desired results.

I make several modifications to the ramdisk in boot.img and system.img; along with some performance boosting live configurations as well.

I faced similar questions (though much worse) when I used to post in the MK devices section regarding my MK808B tweaks. A fiasco erupted and I was accused of all sorts of villainy for overclocking my MK808B 4.2.2 when most users insisted this was an impossible feat.

Users whom I've helped privately have been able to get similar scores and sometimes higher. It takes patience and persistence not anything magical or fantastic. I hope this clears this up and I don't end up with another mess of interactions like I did in the MK section.

Comment

It doesn't take much horsepower in a well-tuned RK device to reach these scores, see my graph below.

Comment

Ok I have made some progress.

I now have the External SD card linked so that apps with SDcard data install to it.

The NAND is still setting there at 300megs with some taken.

The major/minor issue is that when I use an apps "move to SDCARD" button the app move to NAND and not the external SDCARD.

In my initial attempts to swap the two out I had the NAND showing in the SDCARD spot but the actual SDCARD would never mount. If i hii "Mount NAND Flash" it would flicker then I would get a notification that the SDCARD was ready to be removed.

Not much else going to happen on this today but at least now apps that are installed are putting their extra downloaded data on the external SDCARD.

Comment

Audio issue

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                          This ROM carries with it a minor HDMI audio bug persistent in KitKat update.

HDMI doesn't send audio to the TV when device is resumed from standby.

To solve the issue, always resume device from standby before powering on TV. Turn device on, then turn TV on.

The audio issue is caused by Rockchip's KitKat audio kernel configuration. The device expects a specific response from the HDMI sink, if it isn't found it effectively mutes the HDMI audio by treating the device as a DVI interface. 'rk30-hdmi: warning: EDID error, assume sink as DVI'

Is there an alternative option to solve this problem?. I have connected my device to the 5A USB TV plug and both devices (TV and dongle start at the same time)

Comment

For now no. Maybe in the future someone will patch the current kernel code with the fix (it's here in the forums) or a factory update will address the issue.

Comment

So I have the USB hard drive working now as the extra space.

Still working on why "Move to SDCARD" button on an app info in settings still sends that to the NAND and not the SDCARD/USB drive.

One more trick up my sleeve which is kill off the NAND and try the SDCARD/USB drive by themselves. Last time it didn't work out so well but I am learning the whole new voldmanaged thing.

Comment

Hi Shomari,
                                Excuse me please if I touched your open wound with GLTools.
                                I wasn't careful enough and hadn't noticed this information in your earlier post.
                                If I had known it I would have never asked you about your screenshots.
                                In spite of my personal view on GLTools in connection to real performance, I absolutely agree with you that there is no reason to speak about it here and waste our time for discussion.
                                And please don't treat me like an enemy.
                                If you are ready to share your additional tweaks for boot.img and system.img, I will be glad to try them.
                                Kind regards
                                CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                                CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                                K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Working...
                                X