Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by toperez View Post
    Could someone confirm if the SMIC' RK3188 fix works in RK3066?
    Thanks in advance
    I see no reason why it won't. It doesn't affect me (the HDMI check) as severely as others so I never implemented it personally. But it's the exact same code/response so anyone compiling with the fix can do so with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by fireplayer View Post
      Shomari - is there a tun.ko included in your oc kernel? If not can you please provide either a usable tun.ko for this rom/kernel - or better yet compile a kernel w tun.ko preincluded? I'd really need to be able to watch bbc iplayer...

Also again - would much appreciate re-ups of that locations patch as well as the kernel for cwm... Thanks people :-)
      Glad to see you up and running again. If ge.tt is still down, use the fusedlocation.apk located in your system/priv-app as an alternative. All other instructions remain the same.

I still haven't tested tun.ko modules. Hopefully someone who has can chime in. If no solution is found I may look into it next.

Comment

Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
        I see no reason why it won't. It doesn't affect me (the HDMI check) as severely as others so I never implemented it personally. But it's the exact same code/response so anyone compiling with the fix can do so with confidence.
        I thought you are the dev for this kernel?
        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
          I thought you are the dev for this kernel?
          ...no. Don't know where you got that impression; these kernels are all stock factory rockchip hackjobs. I haven't compiled a single RK kernel for these forums yet.

Comment

Ah! Would it be useful if I try? What hardware is this? Is there a .config?

Donate to Finless

Comment

Ah! Would it be useful if I try? What hardware is this? Is there a .config?
              There should be .conifg for this set. The hardware is in the OP. I'm lacking a workstation (because 'real' work demands other things w/ my resources at the moment) but some minor fixes are needed; such as the HDMI sink edid error response patch, and possibly tun.ko matching because there's been at least a few users that have said they can't get their typical tries on the live ROM to work.

Comment

I mean what chips; wifi HDMI audio codec etc

Donate to Finless

Comment

I mean what chips; wifi HDMI audio codec etc
                  We have mt5931 wifi; which I *think* is the only RK3066 tv stick chipset with fully functioning KK. Sound module is rk-hdmi-i2s-hifi (is that what you'd build against? - not even sure) we have the I2S sound options in audio manager

....but - if you're looking at RK3066, you'd be most appreciated building kernels for the poor devils stuck with original MK808B sticks (different chipset), and there are plenty users still, that have nothing in the way of working KK kernels.

At least we have a fully working set that most users can get by on. Audio/tun module fixes would be the cherry on top for users with MTK5931 such as in this thread. From what I can tell from this ROM thread it seems the edid error mostly affects people on resume from standby, while only some users are affected anytime the device is connected.

Comment

Thanks for that. So which wifi chipset should I start with to get the most testers? I need people who can provide GPIO data for wifi from stock kernels (JB kernels fine) and who can report DMESG from my dev Kitkat kernels to get them working

Donate to Finless

Comment

Thanks for that. So which wifi chipset should I start with to get the most testers? I need people who can provide GPIO data for wifi from stock kernels (JB kernels fine) and who can report DMESG from my dev Kitkat kernels to get them working
                      Are you familiar with the RK903 wifi chipset? That's the original MK808B wifi/bt; I'm sure many will test those builds if posted in the MK Models section under RK3066.

If you're as much of a lean, mean kernel cranking machine as it appears from your post history, you can go ahead and slip the edid error fix into the MT5931 chipset (one in this ROM thread) and I can test that and possibly other things related to it. That's my current device. I'm sure others will help too.

BTW, maybe sometime you can see if these RK3066 KK kernels are returning the proper DRM credentials/key response (if applicable) because it seems something DRM is there in kernel but not fully appropriated. That might be what limits Netflix to only sd resolutions and cuts HD output. Just a guess but something I noticed.

Comment

There is a Hdcp setting that defaults to off if that has any bearing.

Sorry, not something I know much about yet

Donate to Finless

Comment

There is a Hdcp setting that defaults to off if that has any bearing.

Sorry, not something I know much about yet
                          No worries; just one of the many rabbit trails as we dig in.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                            No worries; just one of the many rabbit trails as we dig in.
                            Quick Wikipedia check seems to link them. All my kernels have it turned off

Donate to Finless

Comment

Oh yeah they're definitely linked and eventually someone will figure it out unless netflix just updates the calls on their own. I haven't looked at it much (don't use NF) only started to notice when users started complaining.

Comment

How to change the pointer.

If you don’t like the KitKat Pointer you can make your own. Just a reminder though, if you make your own make sure the background is set to transparent otherwise you will end up with a white block

I have uploaded some examples including the one that came from KitKat.

They are not my work and I do not recall where I got them from and I apologise for not being able to attribute the source.

I have uploaded them to here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...91/Pointers.7z

All you need to do is to unzip them, select the pointer you want and rename it “pointer_arrow.png”

This file resides in “/system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi”, “/system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-xhdpi” and “/system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-xxhdpi”

I do not know why it is there three times. In ICS the file only resides in “/system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-mdpi”

You need to have you device rooted and you need a file explorer program. I use Root Explorer.apk.

You will also need a decompression program. I use the free “7-Zip”

The first step is to get the file “framework-res.apk” on your PC so that you can work on it.

With the SD card inserted, open up Root Explorer making sure you are mounted as R/W.

At the “Root”, navigate to “/system/framework/framework-res.apk”.

Long click on it and select “copy”

Navigate back to “Root” and navigate to “/mtd/external_sd”

Click on “COPY HERE”

Put your SD card in the PC and open.

Right click on “framework-res.apk” and select “7-Zip/open Archive” (top one)

Click on “/res/drawable-hdpi”

Leaving that 7-Zip open, open another window that has your “pointer_arrow.png” file,and drag it into your open zip file in the other window.

Accept the pop up box overwrite message

Now repeat for “/res/drawable-xhdpi” and “/res/drawable-xxhdpi”

Close 7-Zip and you will have your new pointer loaded into “framework-res.apk”

Return the SD card to the device and open Root Explorer making sure that is in the R/W mode.

Navigate to “/mtd/external_sd” and find the file “framework-res.apk”. Long click and select “COPY”.

Navigate back to “Root” and then into “/system/framework”.

Select “COPY HERE” and accept the overwrite message.

Navigate out and reboot.

Note that in my experience, whenever you modify the “System” or some other sections, Android is slow to boot up the first time and you may have to power it off a couple of times to get it to reboot successfully. It goes OK after the first boot though. I have found this occurs in all flavours of Android with all my units.

You now should have a “new” pointer. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X