This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingSombra View Post
    Thank you so much for pointing this one out. It runs smoothly on my mk802iiis(b) with ap6210.

I have been wanting to run kitkat on it, specifically because the new main bar gets out of the way when running KODI and the SPMC vesion of it. So far I have not had a screen problem, (knock on wood. )
    Hmmm. One thing I cannot seem to get to work at all is bluetooth.

Devices seem to pare correctly but do not work at all.

I wonder if the HID in the UG007 ROM is not correct or something.

I wouldnt have any idea on how to go about fixing that.

Would anyone have any ideas?

Comment

G18REF board?

Do you guys know if this will work on the MX clone with the G18REF board?

Comment

Originally posted by KingSombra View Post
        Hmmm. One thing I cannot seem to get to work at all is bluetooth.

Devices seem to pare correctly but do not work at all.

I wonder if the HID in the UG007 ROM is not correct or something.

I wouldnt have any idea on how to go about fixing that.

Would anyone have any ideas?
        I backed up to the latest Rikomagic official ROM and bluetooth magically works.

So the UG007 ROM is definately NOT a perfect fit for a MK802IIISB with AP6210.

Comment

Got it to install on my mk809ii(4.2) via batchtool. but the only problem I have is after a few hours it cuts out(goes black/powers off)been reading posts on here that the problem could be the charger/power adaptor, and as I'm using the adaptor that came with my stick.I read in one post I need a 3/3.5a 5v adaptor, so the hunt is on to find one in the U.K.tried Amazon and **** but no luck so far.anybody on here from the U.K. know where I can find one? If not,its back to 4.2

Comment

Originally posted by sam tyler View Post
            Got it to install on my mk809ii(4.2) via batchtool. but the only problem I have is after a few hours it cuts out(goes black/powers off)been reading posts on here that the problem could be the charger/power adaptor, and as I'm using the adaptor that came with my stick.I read in one post I need a 3/3.5a 5v adaptor, so the hunt is on to find one in the U.K.tried Amazon and **** but no luck so far.anybody on here from the U.K. know where I can find one? If not,its back to 4.2
            We have never had a problem using these on any Android device that is USB powered and I have been running my MK809II on this PSU for over 12 months with no issue.

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/Belkin-Uni...item19ebaa616e
            Team UX
            http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

For me.. sometimes it last for few hours sometimes faster if I run some heavy apps/games. I was using USB port of my TV, and then switched it to a nearby router USB port.. I guess I have to find a right adaptor. I have also tried lowering the top limit for CPU freq at ~800 MHz... but it did not helped. It happens with the stock and with the 4pda ROM.

EDIT: After trying a brand new adapter with 3A and 5V, I got the same issue. Screen just freezes, stucks.. and it looks a little bit pixelated.

Any info regarding this problem, or solutions would be really appreciated? Thank you.
              Last edited by aldinezi; 11-06-2014, 17:26. Reason: Trying possible solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Lokotito View Post
                I try this rom with my original MK808b (RK3066 chip, WF/BT RK903) but after flash room with Rockchip batch tool v1.7, boot ok but have a blinking screen with an small android in upper left corner (I think the initial setup screnn).
                I try with Androidtool v2.1, erashing flash and upgrade the room, but same blinking screen after boot.
                In bot cases I can enter into the settings and WiFi is disabled and NO bt by the way. There is no way that I can check any other thing because the blinkng screen.

Flashed BalintBanyasz KERNEL (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post214775), now boot OK, I can enable WiFi but the performance sucks (almos 5.000 lees in antutu).

Anybody have succes installing in MK808b the 4.4.2 room ???? (RK3066 chip, WF/BT RK903)

There is another room that I can try ???

Best regards.
                Hi, I've been facing the same issue with my ug802, I figured out that the window that keeps spawning is located under /system/app/provision.apk and can safely be deleted. There are many ways of doing that, I'll just point out that you can access settings and google play from the upper drop down menus, which work normally, then you should have no problems rooting the device and deleting the file.

BTW Could anyone reupload the OC kernel? Preferably the cwm-flashable zip, since my device's been unable to enter the flash mode since last week, ending up in "mask room mode"(why, anyone? )instead, so I'm unable to flash kernel separately.

Thanks

Comment

Can someone please upload individual .img files for rkflashkit (original link is dead)

Bricked my device trying to install the OMA package. So, after unbricking and flashing bob's 1.7a, I'd like to try installing this rom again, but this time using seperate .img files.

Also, are there any "real" instructions for "properly" installing this ROM. I ask because the first post is a jumble of links, none with instructions and like I said, installing OMA bricked my device last time around, so I'd love to avoid the same outcome again.
                  Cozyswan MK809II - 4.4.2
                  Vega S89 Elite - 4.4.4

Comment

Originally posted by chsmith1976 View Post
                    Bricked my device trying to install the OMA package. So, after unbricking and flashing bob's 1.7a, I'd like to try installing this rom again, but this time using seperate .img files.

Also, are there any "real" instructions for "properly" installing this ROM. I ask because the first post is a jumble of links, none with instructions and like I said, installing OMA bricked my device last time around, so I'd love to avoid the same outcome again.
                    I agree, i had to work extra to get this working.

for me a step by step wuld be:

1- Download Links
                    a- ROM https://mega.co.nz/#!6cJkWDDY!-VT74e...kqkTYcjPm_KVn4
                    b- Batch tool https://mega.co.nz/#!fJgADI6S!RBael7...XKqKSv_U903xGA

2- Disconect your device from Anything HDMI air remote etc.

3- Hitting reset button conect your device OTG micro USB to your machine and install drivers (Win8 allow unsigned drivers)

4- Open Batch tool and you will see your device recogniced as MaskROM

5- On batch tool, under "Upgrade firmware" select "firmware" (download A) and then hit Erasa Flash and after "Upgrade"

6- Now device should be flashed and able to boot and Android 4.4.2

7- Time to download CWM
                    https://mega.co.nz/#!zNpiSTZB!DIy4BRWSmq29bJU66sSXvuPBxN3H-aHVlfLfglAWA8I

8- select (OMA / CrewRKTablets) CWM Recovery 6.0.3.1 for Android 4.4.2 KitKat on RK tablets (loader Gen2) in packages. Download and install, reboot. You must select the Oma package for full CWM compatibility.

9- Now i recomend installing the last Google Apps to be able to go ART http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942 install by CWM with a keyboard connected using arrows to move

well this is out of my memorey, i flashed a couple weeks ago.. so i might be missing something... i would be nice if someone pastes this on the first page and correct if any error!

Comment

Originally posted by aldinezi View Post
                      For me.. sometimes it last for few hours sometimes faster if I run some heavy apps/games. I was using USB port of my TV, and then switched it to a nearby router USB port.. I guess I have to find a right adaptor. I have also tried lowering the top limit for CPU freq at ~800 MHz... but it did not helped. It happens with the stock and with the 4pda ROM.

EDIT: After trying a brand new adapter with 3A and 5V, I got the same issue. Screen just freezes, stucks.. and it looks a little bit pixelated.

Any info regarding this problem, or solutions would be really appreciated? Thank you.
                      I'm still waiting for my charger/adaptor to turn up but I think its to do when standby is selected or something with the power off button. and mine has a heatsink(which i fitted)on it,and its still turning off. so I think its not a power issue.maybe someone who can read and understand the prop build and kernel etc might know the answer,also I find after some research that this is a 'beta' build,so maybe we should expect some issues. but I yet to find an update for this.

Comment

Could anyone reupled the cwm-flashable OC kernel? The link in the first post is deleted.
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatexbmc View Post
                          We have never had a problem using these on any Android device that is USB powered and I have been running my MK809II on this PSU for over 12 months with no issue.

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/Belkin-Uni...item19ebaa616e
                          Bought that charger,but the charger was dead.maybe because there's no guts inside it? thanks for the link.and my own fault for using **** cheers.

Comment

Bought that charger,but the charger was dead.maybe because there's no guts inside it? thanks for the link.and my own fault for using **** cheers.

Really sorry to hear that, I just found you the cheapest link to that charger on ****, but I have 3 of them all working and they are all made by Belkin.
                            Team UX
                            http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

why i get this error on mk809II when i press upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by uniextra View Post
                                I agree, i had to work extra to get this working.

for me a step by step wuld be:

1- Download Links
                                a- ROM https://mega.co.nz/#!6cJkWDDY!-VT74e...kqkTYcjPm_KVn4
                                b- Batch tool https://mega.co.nz/#!fJgADI6S!RBael7...XKqKSv_U903xGA

2- Disconect your device from Anything HDMI air remote etc.

3- Hitting reset button conect your device OTG micro USB to your machine and install drivers (Win8 allow unsigned drivers)

4- Open Batch tool and you will see your device recogniced as MaskROM

5- On batch tool, under "Upgrade firmware" select "firmware" (download A) and then hit Erasa Flash and after "Upgrade"

6- Now device should be flashed and able to boot and Android 4.4.2

7- Time to download CWM
                                https://mega.co.nz/#!zNpiSTZB!DIy4BRWSmq29bJU66sSXvuPBxN3H-aHVlfLfglAWA8I

8- select (OMA / CrewRKTablets) CWM Recovery 6.0.3.1 for Android 4.4.2 KitKat on RK tablets (loader Gen2) in packages. Download and install, reboot. You must select the Oma package for full CWM compatibility.

9- Now i recomend installing the last Google Apps to be able to go ART http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942 install by CWM with a keyboard connected using arrows to move

well this is out of my memorey, i flashed a couple weeks ago.. so i might be missing something... i would be nice if someone pastes this on the first page and correct if any error!

Awesome, thanks for the write-up. I managed to get this ROM installed, using slightly different steps as I ran into a couple of additional issues which I'll try to give resolution links to below.

- Rockchip USB drivers (mine were totally messed up), so go to the link below and install the autoinstaller from the bottom of the page - worked like a dream. I would make this point 1. c.

1. c. Rockchip USB Driver AutoInstaller
                                Download Windows drivers & Android tools voor Rockchip RK3188, RK3066, RK2918. Firmware upgrade, CPUset tool, overclocken. Win 8, win 7, win XP, win 2K

- Hitting reset button - Cozyswan 809ii has a reset button, but don't bother trying to poke a needle through the hole in the side of the case - IT DOESN'T GO ANYWHERE. To access the reset button, you actually have to pop open the case and you will find it on the pcb, but not where the case hole is!

Question - are there any versions of TWRP that work on this build (4.4.2)?

Persistent Issues:

1. After installing the ROM, I find that rebooting only works correctly about 20% of the time. 80% of the time the ROM gets stuck in the moving circles screen and have to pull power repeatedly until it boots. After about 20 reboots, I've had all apps lose their settings twice now - good thing for TB backups! I will try a better power adapter, but so far, after using a high quality power adapter from my HP Touchpad, still no luck.

2. Noticed quite a bit of tearing near the bottom of the screen in MX Player. Seems to happen on just about any file I play (locally and across the network (wired connection)).

Other than that, the ROM is actually quite nice.
                                Last edited by chsmith1976; 11-10-2014, 03:27.
                                Cozyswan MK809II - 4.4.2
                                Vega S89 Elite - 4.4.4

Comment

Working...
                                X