minix x7 + hdd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minix x7 + hdd

i have x7 with official firmware and bxbmc 3.4 thanks its great, what i want to do is send music or files to my 500g hd external usb powered hd. i can play music on it but ive been going through the post and it seems it as to be mounted can some one please help me what i need to do. plus is there a program like flashfxp to send files from windows7 to the minix x7 harddrive thanks.

Originally posted by seagate1 View Post
    i have x7 with official firmware and bxbmc 3.4 thanks its great, what i want to do is send music or files to my 500g hd external usb powered hd. i can play music on it but ive been going through the post and it seems it as to be mounted can some one please help me what i need to do. plus is there a program like flashfxp to send files from windows7 to the minix x7 harddrive thanks.
    You have to be more specific and to the point with your questions mate. I have read it a few times and still can't work out what you are really trying to achieve.
    To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

transfer files from windows to your hdd on the minix:

--->>> filezilla

perfect app 4 u

all the other stuff you want to know,i have to admit -> i cant figure out what u want oO ??

be more specific pls

Comment

thank you both for your replys . ok x7 with external hd. is it possible to send music and films to the hd instead of hooking it up to windows pc then plug it back into the x7 hope thats better sorry about explaining it wrong or not understandable.

Comment

I would have thought that something like Airdroid would enable remote copying of music etc directly to the external hard drive whilst it is connected to the X7.

Might take a while to copy large files though as you will be using wireless to do so.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I use SambaDroid ( requires root access ) from the PlayStore https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mbadroid&hl=en

Then just map a network drive on my Windows system to the Samba share that I created on my Minix... then it's just a copy/paste operation like any other network or local drive.

Comment

thanks every1 im going to have another read and see what to do.if i had a apk file on my windows how can i send it to the hd and then install it on the x7.i think i might be wrong about a mount point or do i have to mount the hd first. but that's what i want to do is send from pc to x7 hd thanks.

Comment

thanks every1 im going to have another read and see what to do.if i had a apk file on my windows how can i send it to the hd and then install it on the x7.i think i might be wrong about a mount point or do i have to mount the hd first. but that's what i want to do is send from pc to x7 hd thanks.
                The simplest way of all is to use a file manager that supports samba shares like root explorer or es file explorer.

Then you just set up a shared folder on your computer and put the share info into the file manager you are using on android.

But... Samba is not that fast on any of my android devices to be honest and I am transferring stuff back and forth constantly while making apps so I know this well.

The fastest way I have found to do it is to install FileZilla Server on your PC and set up the folders you want to share in there. Then install Total Commander and the FTP Plugin on your android device and you can access the FileZilla Server on your PC thru it and it is the fastest I have been able to transfer. I know my machines are connected by lan cables but the transfer speed was 9 times faster on FTP than SMB(samba) shares.

Edit. I just looked at the Filezilla ftp app that was posted above and that should work fine also instead of the total commander and ftp plugin for the android part but I have never tested it so don't know if it does it as fast as Total Commander. I know I tried a few FTP clients on android when I first looked and Total Commander was the fastest but also the ugliest lol. Try them both.

Comment

If you end up using the method I mentioned... the HD would already be mounted and shared on your Android and you'd copy the APK file over to it from the Windows system... then run the APK from your file explorer app that you are using on your Minix

Comment

Just found a post I made about this when I was testing it originally.

Comment

thanks again for replys. flumpster i use flashfxp to transfer files from my pc to vu+solo2 stb.ftp is so easy.can i do it with flash because that requires ip addy user name and password, i know the ip addy but i have not set a user or password. if i need them what are they. with sat its root then set password, ive got Filezilla but don't like it as much as flash. plus this total commander do i install that on the x7 through google store. i have original firmware ver 10 will that have a file manager installed or do i install 1 thanks.

Comment

thanks again for replys. flumpster i use flashfxp to transfer files from my pc to vu+solo2 stb.ftp is so easy.can i do it with flash because that requires ip addy user name and password, i know the ip addy but i have not set a user or password. if i need them what are they. with sat its root then set password, ive got Filezilla but don't like it as much as flash. plus this total commander do i install that on the x7 through google store. i have original firmware ver 10 will that have a file manager installed or do i install 1 thanks.
                        The way you are describing it sounds like the satellite has its own ftp server and you are using an ftp client (flash fxp) on the pc to access it.

What I was describing is the other way around. I wasn't talking about running Filezilla(ftp client) on the PC, I was saying to run Filezilla Server(ftp server) on the PC and then install Total Commander(file manager) on the X7 and also install the ftp plugin for Total commander(gives Total Commander an ftp client).

Either way you are going to need to set up a server on one and a client on the other.

Edit : Because you are used to using Flash FXP and a server on the sat let me do a test today and try and install an FTP server on the X7 instead and see if the speeds are the same. This way you could just carry on using your Flash FXP and would only have to install a server on the X7.

Going to test this one first when I get some time. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TPServer&hl=en

Comment

Here is the easiest way I have found for you to do it. It is not quite as fast as the way I said above but it is still far faster than SMB and I am sure it will do for what you need.

Install this on your X7. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tree.ftpserver

Now click Settings in the top right and change some of the following :
                          • Network Interface : I set to Ethernet as my machines are connected by cables but if you are using wifi leave it where it is.
                          • Port : Leave alone.
                          • Passive Port : Leave alone.
                          • Anonymous User : Ticked.
                          • User Name : Leave alone as we have anonymous ticked above and it will let anyone in. You can untick anonymous above and enter a username and a password if you really want to but as this is all local there is no need to really.
                          • User Password : Same as above.
                          • Home directory : By default this will be set to the internal Sdcard but because you want to use your usb hard disk change this to Custom Folder.
                          • Custom Folder : When the popup appears browse to mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0/(name of your hard disk)/ and then click select to accept that folder. This will be where your ftp client on PC will connect to by default.
                          • Read Only : Leave alone.
                          • Show Hidden Files : Ticked.
                          • Energy Save Mode : Leave alone.
                          • High Priority Service : Ticked.
                          • Show Server Details : Ticked.

Now come back out of settings and click the big red power button to start it. It will tell you what the IP is and the port for you to type into flash fxp. It will also tell you a username and password but you can ignore them as anonymous user is turned on so all you need to enter into flash fxp is the IP and port.

This is the easiest way I can think of for you mate

Comment

Flumpster...

If he wants to upload to the FTP server... he may have to set it to read/write instead of read only

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                              Flumpster...

If he wants to upload to the FTP server... he may have to set it to read/write instead of read only
                              Read only setting is set to off by default that is why I said to leave it as is. It has read/write permissions by default.

All the settings above I did from a clean install and it works fine.

Edit : I think you are getting confused because the setting I show above just says Read only : Leave alone. This is just a tick box setting. If left unticked then it is read/write but if ticked then it is read only.

Last edited by Flumpster; 07-11-2014, 17:06.

Comment

Working...
                              X