MK908 v3 keeps reverting back to maskrom mode no matter what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK908 v3 keeps reverting back to maskrom mode no matter what

I have tried severally to get it out of maskmode and it keeps reverting back. No rom I try to flash it with makes it past "download IDB fail" while in mask mode. It's on layer 3-1-3. No matter what port or computer it's plugged to the result are all the same. Tried changing cables to much shorter higher quality, the results remain the same.

It's the model with a hard fastened heatsink that covers the NAND chip but pins are accessible. I have tried shorting pins 8-9 but still nothing, it won't leave maskmode (blue square) that won't let it get past "download IDB fail". What can be done about this?

the same happened to me (pins 8 and 9 stayed shorted), i fixed it with a small pin that i separated the pin 8 and 9. Be careful pins are sensitive

Comment

Originally posted by akismal View Post
      the same happened to me (pins 8 and 9 stayed shorted), i fixed it with a small pin that i separated the pin 8 and 9. Be careful pins are sensitive
      I have cleared the space between even with isopropyl alcohol but still doesn't change anything.The funny thing is if I struggle several times to short those pins, at some random interval it is changing state to green and failing at "reset device fail". Plugging it back reverts back to maskrom mode. The pins 8 and 9 have nothing in between them right now but still reverts to maskrom mode. What next?

Comment

Originally posted by Dendrobite View Post
        I have cleared the space between even with isopropyl alcohol but still doesn't change anything.The funny thing is if I struggle several times to short those pins, at some random interval it is changing state to green and failing at "reset device fail". Plugging it back reverts back to maskrom mode. The pins 8 and 9 have nothing in between them right now but still reverts to maskrom mode. What next?
        Sounds like you may have pushed too hard against the pins when trying to bridge them. You may have loosen or broke one of the solder joints or pins. You can try removing the heatsink and inspect the pins under a magnifying glass. While looking at them gently nudge them with a small pin and see if theirs movement. If that is the case and you have some good soldering skills, it can be fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X