X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK888-Android-TV-Box-RK3188 red led on power button

Hi guys,

I have issues with my tv box I have bought from aliexpress

I have received the TV box but the box was not working properly. So I contacted the seller and he suggested to do a firmware upgrade. He sent me this link.
    HI Guys: Here is the newest stock firmware for T-r42 also called MK888B quad core TV BOX. T-r42 is the upgrade model of K-R42, it built in bluetooth. Here is the stock firmware download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2tf3pgwvla4d9tw/T-R42_New_stock_firmware_0928_By_Geekbuying.zip   Firmware upgrade instruction,you can check here: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/10/14/stock-firmware-for-t-r42-quad-core-tv-box-with-bluetooth-function-flash-method/#.UoBL9OIo8r0   Enjoy! Eric Geekbuying Nov 11, 2013Geekbuying Blog What’s your Reaction? […]

I have done everything as per instructions, I could connect the box to the computer, the only mistake I have done was to click on 'upgrade' instead of restore... a bit confusing I should say...

Anyway after the 'upgrade' there was no error message. But right after that the power button led turned red.

After his my box is not recognised by the computer anymore, I cannot install the driver at all.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hmm..
      Looking at the picture on aliex.. the are all wrong
      -settings pic.. no bluetooth
      -in the last pic.. it says Q7
      But your given firmware link..doesnt seem to be for Q7?

Best to check.. what pcb you have...

On your unit,
      Under the rubber-pads are screws.. to open your tvbox

Have you tried :
      Holding reset button.. connect powercord/powerup.. wait to release till windows sees/detects a new device..

Ps..
      It has been stated.. that rk3188 devices are unbrickable.. so no worries

Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        Hmm..
        Looking at the picture on aliex.. the are all wrong
        -settings pic.. no bluetooth
        -in the last pic.. it says Q7
        But your given firmware link..doesnt seem to be for Q7?

Best to check.. what pcb you have...

On your unit,
        Under the rubber-pads are screws.. to open your tvbox

Have you tried :
        Holding reset button.. connect powercord/powerup.. wait to release till windows sees/detects a new device..

Ps..
        It has been stated.. that rk3188 devices are unbrickable.. so no worries

Goodluck
        Thanks for your replay.
        I have opened the box and I took a few photos. The NAND module is a Micron 29F64G08CBABA

I have tried everything, including jumping pins 8&9 on the nand chip to get it into MaskRom mode. Nothing worked.

And I have tried at least 50 times holding the reset button. I have tried with 3 different computers, I have tried all the drivers (that previously worked) ... I am using windows 7-64bit. Please see the attached screen shots. I have picked a wrong driver in my screen shot, but believe me I have tried the correct 64 bit driver a hundred times. If I can reset the box somehow to be able to connect it to the computer...

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

At another thread I read that someone get problem with 64bit and running well at 32bit ???
          I use an old NB with XP for working with my devices...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            At another thread I read that someone get problem with 64bit and running well at 32bit ???
            I use an old NB with XP for working with my devices...
            OK I've took out from my garage my old win XP computer, tried to connect my XT-Q7-V10 box and the result was the same. I have used the XP drivers and still unknown device.

Any other ideas on how to un-brick my box?

Can I do it installing an update.zip or something like that on an SD card?

I have no idea what to do next.

Comment

Yes, there exist a way, but I never try this way...
              Here my collected information:

Update.zip via recovery menu from SD card - Modifier+Creator
              This script has 2 main uses: 1. Modify an update.zip 2. Create an update.zip For #1 - You just extract the contents of an update.zip into the placehere folder, modify its contents, and run the script stating to create an update.zip For #2 - So...

This script has 2 main uses: 1. Modify an update.zip 2. Create an update.zip For #1 - You just extract the contents of an update.zip into the placehere folder, modify its contents, and run the script stating to create an update.zip For #2 - So...

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

----------------------------------------

Hello,
              finally i found the tool that signs correctly all the zips i create
              and also the tool that helps to create the zip and the updater script, putting in it all the stuff i want (kernel.img, boot.img, and so on) to make a complete zip to be flashed via recovery menu from SD card, without the need of connection with pc, rkbatchtool, rkandroidtool and so on
              It is an XDA thread:

My device find the zips created with these tools valid, so i can do any update i want
              I already tried a simple updater scripts that only prints some informations on the screen with ui_print

Now i have only to learn the sintax of the updater script language, and to build the zip with all parts i need to recover my system...

Thanks

-----------------

i created the updater script
              with four statements write raw image:
              for boot.img, kernel.img,misc.img,system.img
              (img extracted with a tool from the stock whole img)

signed the zip,
              moved to sd card,
              applied update...
              and...
              Yeeeesss!!

-----------------

package_extract_file("boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img");
              write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot");
              delete("/tmp/boot.img");

... and so on

for the other three img (kernel,system,misc)
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Hello no_spam, I am still trying to unbrick my Q7, so I placed the update firmware, then run script, resulted in updateold.zip, then copy to external sd, insert in device, then plug power, then nothing!!!!
                Remember my device is stuck in flashing mode.
                Any idea how to force upgrade from update.zip file.
                Thanks

Comment

mxq box lights up red and won't come on even after I changed the power cord. what is the problem this nox

Comment

Working...
                  X