No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me 2 I guess. Do I just do as I did with the 3.4 install?

Comment

Yes, it's the same procedure. Just remember to erase IDB before you flash.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        Yes, it's the same procedure. Just remember to erase IDB before you flash.

i need a crash course on Titanium with all these reinstalls.

thanks

Comment

If you've done a complete backup with Titanium...restoring requires a little setup first.

I recommend getting the paid version of the app, because the free version will only restore one app at a time. The paid version allows you to use batch actions.

Hopefully, you've saved your backup folder to your external SD card because the internal SD is erased during the flash.

Launch Titanium

Click Menu at the top right corner.

Click Preferences

Click Backup Folder Location (down at the bottom of the screen)

Click Detect

Click Whole Device

Pick the folder on your external SD with your backup

Click back button...Titanium will restart

When Titanium restarts on the main screen:

Click on the batch actions button (the box with a check mark, right next to the menu button)

Scroll down and find the Run button for Restore Missing Apps with data and press it.

You can scroll the list of apps you want to restore. Don't restore any system apps...that can cause problems with the new ROM. Only restore the apps you really need.

Once you have your apps selected, click the green check mark at the top right corner.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

I found a newer firmware for the M9 Pro that has never surfaced before. It's dated 7/9/2014 and shows to have exfat compatibility.

I'm not sure, but I think it might have a newer kernel than #407 that we've been previously using.

Also, the parameter file is in a different format...there's no user partition. So I'm wondering whether they've combined user app space with the external SD. So, I've left the parameter file alone until I can verify it.

Can someone try this test version for me?

Download
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

How Interesting!

Well that one certainly slipped in under the radar! Sorry, really busy with work at the moment but will give it a try at the weekend. Hopefully someone else will take up the offer before then.

I found a newer firmware for the M9 Pro that has never surfaced before. It's dated 7/9/2014 and shows to have exfat compatibility.

I'm not sure, but I think it might have a newer kernel than #407 that we've been previously using.

Also, the parameter file is in a different format...there's no user partition. So I'm wondering whether they've combined user app space with the external SD. So, I've left the parameter file alone until I can verify it.

Download

Comment

Download
                I erased my IDB a couple times and tried it out, but it gets stuck in a boot loop with a gingerbread-era logo. Why is the NAND divided this way anyway?

Comment

I'll test it on my M7 Pro later...after I get done with a couple of ROM's I'm working on.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

OK, I tried last night to flash that test version....no boot.

I don't recommend it. I will take the link down so nobody will waste their time and effort on it.

The good news is that we are making progress on the Pipo Project with sources from Pipo. Although we only have the code for the M8HD, it's possible to convert some things over to the M9 Pro.

If someone can provide a DMSG file for our Pipo Project kernel developers (d33 and others)...we might be able to compile an M9 Pro kernel.

So far, I think the M8HD has the most stable version of KK...so it's a good base to work with.

Stay tuned for some exciting stuff.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

DMSG FILE

If only I knew how, I would gladly supply it!! Found a file labelled dmesg in system/bin folder but that's as far as I got...didn't know how to copy it to my external sd card, if that's what ur supposed to do Come on you lot out there, surely someone here can oblige!

Comment

From a terminal window type:

su
                        "confirm root"
                        dmesg > sdcard/dmesg.txt

Then upload the file to Google Drive or something like that and PM me the link.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Hi, found it and copied it over. Here is the link:

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks, this will help.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Great. If you need something else let me know.

Comment

THANK YOU

Riley Thank you so MUCH for your excelent work, I really appreciate

Comment

Working...
                                X