Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 3.4 KitKat 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is this kernel now fully working?
    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
      So is this kernel now fully working?
      Hi d33, All the tests I have done show no problems with this kernel. I have retested the GPS, camera, etc. and have not had any problems so far.

Comment

H d33, Just found that the Bluetooth does not work.

Comment

Bluetooth should be the last thing we see as not working in this 1.3x series...

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
            Bluetooth should be the last thing we see as not working in this 1.3x series...
            OK, could you post up GPIO dumps of working kernel and 1.32.2 kernel so that we can identify the problem? Thanks

Donate to Finless

Comment

Hi d33 & raxy, I don't know what has happened but all of a sudden the Bluetooth started working? I have tested it quite a few times powering the tablet on and off and the bluetooth now appears to be operating perfectly. I have done tests on the GPS, camera, wifi, etc. again and it hasn't missed a beat.

Comment

Originally posted by tgray View Post
                Hi d33 & raxy, I don't know what has happened but all of a sudden the Bluetooth started working? I have tested it quite a few times powering the tablet on and off and the bluetooth now appears to be operating perfectly. I have done tests on the GPS, camera, wifi, etc. again and it hasn't missed a beat.
                Many thanks for all your tests and reports!
                you were/are very helpfull.
                now we maybe have to evaluate which android will be the best companion to make this kernel shine the most and give birth to the real 1st FreakTab ROM fully rebuilt from sources.
                the reference to compare with now shall be the Androids of maakie, slowry and stevejc on their respective tablet, or even an hypothetical CM11 which is now a closer goal than ever before.
                Last edited by raxy; 04-05-2015, 19:49.

Comment

So, I was wondering if now that you got a complete functional firmware, you can join all the stuff making a new version of the firmware To direct install method?

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
                    Many thanks for all your tests and reports!
                    you were/are very helpfull.
                    now we maybe have to evaluate which android will be the best companion to make this kernel shine the most and give birth to the real 1st FreakTab ROM fully rebuilt from sources.
                    the reference to compare with now shall be the Androids of maakie, slowry and stevejc on their respective tablet, or even an hypothetical CM11 which is now a closer goal than ever before.

Glad I could help. Many thanks to d33 for all the hard work he has done to get the kernel working.

Comment

I'm very happy with this ROM...with D33's kernel. Thanks to him....for MUCH MORE than that. He was gracious enough to come back to us and tie up some loose ends. For that, our other developers will benefit greatly to carry the torch.
                      Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by tgray View Post
                        Wait,
                        When I change the backlight intensity, as soon as I reach some low value, then the screen goes into full darkness and is never able to return to normal brightness anymore.
                        Had to reflash !! to regain control and luminosity.
                        Second time, I retested again and moved even more carefully the slider, but same thing happened again.
                        So had to reflash again to exit the lethal trap.

Please double check that Randy and tgray !

Comment

A possible fix

Donate to Finless

Comment

Any chance we will have a new RR rom with this latest kernel?

Comment

This multitablet freaktab kernel is still a work in progress.
                              A few things must be polished out before prime time show.
                              Please stay tuned.

Comment

ok. can you please shed some light on the latest official firmware? I wish to give it a shot. The pipo website official latest firmware dates 26/05//2014 and it is a jellybean rom I believe:

I downloaded it and it is a .img file. I now have the RR 3.4.2 Kitkat. Will I brick the tablet if I flash the JB official? There is no loader to select as per Riley's instructions when reverting to JB roms. For some reason RR3.4.2 is laggy on my tablet and antutu scores is merely at 22000!! I used to have 32000 with older RR roms and were much smoother in real life experience. Thanks for all your work everyone. I might not just give up on my M7 Pro yet as it has a lot of potential and screen and battery life are very decent!

Comment

Working...
                                X