No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 KitKat ROM for those with 1nand chip who gets bricked by official fw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipo M9 KitKat ROM for those with 1nand chip who gets bricked by official fw

Originally posted by kandilak View Post
    This rom is compatible only for 1 nand chip models?
    I think it will run on others but what's the point? Other version are able to run 2.* loader which is better it improves nand performance.
    https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but11.gif

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 KitKat ROM for those with 1nand chip who gets bricked by official fw

Originally posted by chrs11 View Post
      Thanks i
      will wait
      I've shared the link today, have you tried that update?

Comment

until now it works like a charm (updated version).
        Thank you very much.

Comment

Hello
          I will try tommorow when i have acces to my computer at work
          Thanks Chris

Comment

Hello
            I installed the updated Version and everything looks okay so far.
            Thanks Chris

Comment

I tried to flash it but failed in doing so. I have one of the very first Pipo M9 Max tablets so there's only a few (old pcb) firmwares I can use. This pretty much sucks.

Anyway, this version almost seemed to work because my pc recognised it as normal but there's no display except a black screen (display is on, it emits light). So is there only a problem with the display being not supported or is there more? Same story for RileyRom 2.4 and 2.5 btw.

Would love to finally be sort of up to date, instead of having only 2 firmwareupdates since I bought it.

Comment

Old_PCB has different hardware so you need another kernel. You could post a dmesg so I could guess what are the differencies.

Comment

I think I was able to create a log file as you requested:
                  MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Whenever it's not a right one tell me asap please. Tomorrow I'm off to vietnam.

Thanks for the response btw

Comment

Yes, that is what I was asking for. Will see what I can do.

Comment

Wifi doesn't work

Hi dnkn,

I flashed the ROM on my tablet several times (with the RK3188Loader(L)_V1.24.bin selected and without it), and every time I got the WiFi not able to turn on. It stays on "Turning WiFi on.." . I manged to turn it on once after multiple reboots but on the next reboot it stuck on the "Turning WiFi on.." again.
                      I even reset to factory settings. Nothing helps. Before this ROM I'd been using Riley 1.5.
                      Before flashing your ROM I made sure that my tablet only has one NAND chip. I opened it and there is one 16GB chip installed.

Please, help me to sort it out.
                      Thank you!

Comment

Well, this ROM is fully stock in terms of kernel and system partition, so if WiFi does not work then it would not work on stock ROM, I suspect hardware malfunction. Try to flash 1.5 back, will it work there? And may be you've touched something while assembling the unit?

Comment

Originally posted by dnkn View Post
                          Well, this ROM is fully stock in terms of kernel and system partition, so if WiFi does not work then it would not work on stock ROM, I suspect hardware malfunction. Try to flash 1.5 back, will it work there? And may be you've touched something while assembling the unit?
                          Even in 1.5 the WiFi wasn't good but simple reboot would solve the problem. I will try to flash another ROM and see if it works any better. Thank you anyway!

Comment

still waiting for my m9 to be returned after RMA. As it turns out, it had to be sent all the way to China and it took them three weeks to figure as much... starting to sound like BS if you ask me...
                            anyways, is there a bulletproof method to ascertain whether my tab has one or two nand chips without opening the case?

Great work, dnkn!!! Kudos!!

Comment

Yes, there is. Look in Riley ROM 2.6 thread, some app is able to show whether you may flash official fw or this one. Anyway I would recommend to flash my updated system.img even with official fw, it solves some problems like wrong gapps in official fw and some apps showing "incompatible with your device". If on official fw just flash that system.img only after flashing official fw.

Comment

WiFi issues... and reports

Hi y'all. Let me tell my experice so far..

1st flash... Worked fine, but flashed stock.
                                2nd flashed system.imG only... Got stuck on the 4 penguins.
                                3rd time flashed all over including bootloader selected and the system.IMG fixed...

At this point I got some weird actions... Xbmc would not start 1st time... Worked on 2nd..
                                WiFi disconnects and stay disconected after standby. Have to turn of and on the wifi for it to connect again.

Battery life is the same as the latest pipo ROM. 4-5 hours and back to the wall...

KK is much better that JB in my opinion. All video softwares worked without any problems... Videomix, Netflix, xbmc and so on. MX had to run a video on my SD card first for it to work URL videos... Weird again..

My veredict , works OK not many glitches other than those... Wifi will get old and get used to it... Or hope for some fix...

If you wish I cold be a tester of any updates. Already brought it from the dead 100 times... Rk is almost unbrickable, and I did some real stupid shit with it...

Hope for improvements keep the good work man!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X