No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 KitKat ROM for those with 1nand chip who gets bricked by official fw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know if worked and what do you think.

Comment

Can someone please tell me a quick tuto on how to flash this rom?
      I have to flahs just the system.img?
      I have a Pipo M9 WIFI V2 (16GB), this rom will work properly?

Comment

Originally posted by mvalim View Post
        Can someone please tell me a quick tuto on how to flash this rom?
        I have to flahs just the system.img?
        I have a Pipo M9 WIFI V2 (16GB), this rom will work properly?

Hold on buddy. If you have v2 you most likely have a 2 nand chip device. Don't flash this one.
        How to know? Disassemble is the easiest low tech way since there are no screws.
        If you want to flash any new ROM there are many things you need to do before. It is not just flash the system file.

Go to rileyrom 2.6 KitKat post download the file. Everything is there PS read the entire post and the instructions.

Even though rk SoC are almost definitely unbrickable for good it is never bad practice to read the instructions and others experience.
        My suggestion find out first if you have a 1 or 2 nand chip version.
        So long.
        Giovani

Comment

Originally posted by giovaniazoni View Post
          Hold on buddy. If you have v2 you most likely have a 2 nand chip device. Don't flash this one.
          How to know? Disassemble is the easiest low tech way since there are no screws.
          If you want to flash any new ROM there are many things you need to do before. It is not just flash the system file.

Go to rileyrom 2.6 KitKat post download the file. Everything is there PS read the entire post and the instructions.

Even though rk SoC are almost definitely unbrickable for good it is never bad practice to read the instructions and others experience.
          My suggestion find out first if you have a 1 or 2 nand chip version.
          So long.
          Giovani

Giovani, thanks for fast reply!
          By the way ... brasileiro tb? aehuhaeuhaeuha
          I came to this thread because riley said.:

"I'm trying to get more information on this...but there are at least two versions of the M9 tablet.

If you have a 16gb NAND version, the Loader.bin for this ROM is not compatible and will brick your tablet.

Only try this ROM if you have a 32gb NAND capacity. That's one with 2 NAND chips."

Since my tablet is 16gb i tought i had just one nand chip. I've already opened my tablet and unbricked it but i don't remeber if it has one or two NAND, i think i'll have to reopen it.

Comment

New knowledge is that some 1nand versions actually can be flashed with official fw, you should check with rkdeveloptool if it shows 4 "CS" then you can not flash official but if two "CS" then you most probably can.
            https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but11.gif

Comment

Originally posted by dnkn View Post
              New knowledge is that some 1nand versions actually can be flashed with official fw, you should check with rkdeveloptool if it shows 4 "CS" then you can not flash official but if two "CS" then you most probably can.
              Mine is a 1 nand and has 4 CS - 0 1 2 3

Manufacturer - Micron

It is definitely a no go for oficial Fw yet! Hope is the last resort.

Comment

How can we check that information?

Comment

should i wait??

Hello, i want to try a kitkat version because im tired of the lagging of my pipo m9. It has just one nand chip, so i will install this rom, but i can wait...so my question is, will be a newer version soon? like in a month...

Sorry for my english

Comment

I do not think the m9 will even get any official update. It started to be sold with 4.1.1 and now it has 4.4.2. That is really good I should say. In something around a year of lifespan. Go for KitKat , it is better anyway.

Comment

yes, i know that they have forget our tablet
                      you have create this ROM right?
                      i mean if you are going to upload any new version.
                      i dont understand well....this are 2 files to put in other ROM?
                      Can i download the Riley ROM and patch it with this? 2.6.3 for example

Comment

If you have one nand chip and rkdeveloptool shows 4 "cs" then you should flash this ROM and do not flash official or Riley 2.6 you will be bricked and will have to disassemble the unit to get it back to life. Also I would recommend to download updated system.img and just replace the one in initial version.
                        If you want to ask how to use rkdeveloptool , look in Riley 2.6 or 2.5 thread, everything has been explained there. I'm on mobile connection, it's slow, uncomfortable to do the searching for you.

Or you may use boot.img and recovery.img and loader from this ROM and other files from Riley's .2.6.

And I did not create this ROM, I just made it work with old loader as the new loader bricks my device badly.

By the way, there's a custom built 4.4.4 fw which should work on m9, made by OMA from crewrktablets, but I did not get my hands over it, have no time to try. It uses old loader too, so safe to try in any hw version (except old pcb).

Comment

Please, how can I check the 4 cs?
                          I conect the tablet and open the software from pipo.cn but it isn't called rkdeveloptool....

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 KitKat ROM for those with 1nand chip who gets bricked by official fw

Originally posted by sahor View Post
                            Please, how can I check the 4 cs?
                            I conect the tablet and open the software from pipo.cn but it isn't called rkdeveloptool....
                            Download Riley ROM 2.6 there you will have rkdeveloptool, run it and in "advanced" look for something like "read flash id". I do not have a PC to try, writing it from what I remember.

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 KitKat ROM for those with 1nand chip who gets bricked by official fw

Download Riley ROM 2.6 there you will have rkdeveloptool, run it and in "advanced" look for something like "read flash id". I do not have a PC to try, writing it from what I remember.

I have only these options and I cant find it. I am a bit frustated

Comment

I have found this post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...6-KitKat/page5
                                but Rom_Dumper_tool.exe dont work properly, is in chinese, and it close when I try to push any button

Comment

Working...
                                X