Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Openelec port amlogic tvbox that works on 8726MX/M6 gbox mx2 (by codesnake user of matricom)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Openelec port amlogic tvbox that works on 8726MX/M6 gbox mx2 (by codesnake user of matricom)

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    2GB or 1GB ?
    Not sure, have to check with company.
    If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
    Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
      Not sure, have to check with company.
      Geekbuying was saying only 2gb available at the moment...

Comment

Re: Openelec port amlogic tvbox that works on 8726MX/M6 gbox mx2 (by codesnake user of matricom)

Originally posted by TMx View Post
        Geekbuying was saying only 2gb available at the moment...
        Im getting device from vissontech which are trading company, thats why im not sure. Asked them, will post answer.

Comment

Im getting device from vissontech which are trading company, thats why im not sure. Asked them, will post answer.
          Sure, but if you can take a 1GB version, it will be really nice, because I think it will be enough for Linux XMBC and so a really good replacement of the MX2 ...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            Sure, but if you can take a 1GB version, it will be really nice, because I think it will be enough for Linux XMBC and so a really good replacement of the MX2 ...
            1gb would be enough for linux but big downside is its not compatible with s89 FWs...

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
              1gb would be enough for linux but big downside is its not compatible with s89 FWs...
              I can confirm that I'm receiving 1gb board. True, its not compatible because of kernel and uboot. Wifi in linux should not be an issue (afaik 1gb uses realtek 8188 chip)

Comment

I can confirm that I'm receiving 1gb board. True, its not compatible because of kernel and uboot. Wifi in linux should not be an issue (afaik 1gb uses realtek 8188 chip)
                Please tell me that you will develop a linux ROM for the 1GB box !!!!!!! ))))

Comment

Does anyone know what needs to be done to make Codesnake's OpenElec port boot on the Geniatech ATV1200? His port is for g18ref boards, but the ATV1200 is g02ref. I am able to build and install from Codesnake's repo, but the boot fails right at the OpenElec logo presumably because the kernel is not in the correct partition or something else which may be trivial to fix for those will the skills? Can anyone could point me in the right direction?

Comment

Tried this on the GeekBuying CMX box

I tried this on the GeekBuying CMX box mentioned earlier in the thread. It does load and boot, but with some issues:
                    1. 1080 playback from America's Test Kitchen causes the entire box to lockup. Have to power cycle.
                    2. CEC only partially works
                    3. Cannot power the box down with the remote.
                    4. ssh command shutdown -h 0 and poweroff shuts down linux, but box is still on and stays hot.

How do these features work on the real MX box when running OpenElec?
                    1. Does it support powering down the box with the remote
                    2. Does the shutdown -h command actually powerdown the box.
                    3. Does CEC work?
                    4. Does 1080P playback fully work?

Thanks
                    Reverend Mark
                    Last edited by revsignup; 08-03-2014, 01:32.

Comment

M8 Amlogic box

Does this openelec version work on any M8 square box?

On the Mx seems to work pretty awsome.

Great Stuff.
                      Thanks

Comment

There exist a newer version of OpenELEC 4.1.4 for gbox NEW MTD at xda
                        This is a port of OpenELEC for devices based on Amlogic chips. Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center (OpenELEC) is a small Linux distribution built from scratch as a platform to turn your device into an XBMC media center. Currently only...
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Any chance this will work on my M8 pcb version 0.92 ..if not..hope dev.can or will a version that will work on M8.,,i would be very happy and a lot of people hapoy using M8...thanks...

Comment

Anyone know if the Open Elec Gbox MX2 port will work on the new Pivos Xios XS?
                            Almost identical specs, looks like they may be using the same PCB.

Comment

Working...
                            X