Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a relatively unknown Smart TV stick. Andersson ADS2.1. Any firmware i can change / roms I can use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a relatively unknown Smart TV stick. Andersson ADS2.1. Any firmware i can change / roms I can use?

Hi. n00b both here in these forums - and in the world of Rockchip.

As title says I have bought a relatively unknown Rockchip Android Smart-TV stick - Andersson ADS2.1 - as far as I know - only marketed in Sweden.

I am well aware of this probably being one of the already known chinese types out there - only rebranded for this store and for the Swedish Market.

I was hoping someone around here would be able to help me gather some info on it? Whether I can update it with better / newer firmware - or flash any type of ROM - CM11 or something such...

I HAVE managed to ROOT it using something chinese. If needed I'll be happy to supply a link for it.

Just the way it is right now - I have found no way of installing a working advanced Power Menu, and not even ClockworkMod.

Also the GUI is almost unbearably unpractical. Programs don't shut down unless I kill them in Process Killer, there is no SOFT option of restarting the stick, only option is holding down power on the device itself for 10 seconds.

Here are the specifications as found on the webpage.

Specifikationer:
    Chipset:
    Rockchip RK3066
    CPU: AMR Cortex A9 Dual core 1.6 GHz
    GPU: Mali-400MP Quad core
    RAM: 1 GB DDR3
    Flash memory: 8 GB
    Memory card: Micro SD up to 32 GB
    WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n
    Android version: 4.2 .1Jelly Bean
    Bluetooth: 2.1
    USB port: 2.0 and Micro USB host
    Power: 5V USB (500mA-2A)

It also has a bluetooth controlled remote to control it.

This is the link to where I can actually purchase it

Smart TV-sticka/mediaspelare som kopplas direkt i en HDMI-ingång, Baserad på Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, WiFi / plats för Micro SD-minneskort, Bluetooth 2.1, Gyrobaserad fjärrkontroll

would be grateful for any info and tips.

could also use a tun.ko to be able to add a VPN to be able to enjoy UK TV

I'm also looking for a tun.ko for my device - as I'd like to be able to watch BBC on it - and as it came without a tun.ko I need you guys help... here's some info on my device that might help.

Thanks forever people!

Smart TV-sticka/mediaspelare som kopplas direkt i en HDMI-ingång, Baserad på Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, WiFi / plats för Micro SD-minneskort, Bluetooth 2.1, Gyrobaserad fjärrkontroll

Android-version

Kernel-version

3.0.36+
    Mon Jan 13 11:47:51 HKT 2014

Version

ADS2.1_RK3066_Public_V422_131224

Comment

Get a terminal emulator app and run dmesg and look for the wifi chip driver currently loaded to determine which wifi chipset you have in order to help find a suitable firmware.

You may have to type in terminal as follows

su
      dmesg | grep wifi

...or simply dmesg and look for chipset info manually, depends on output.

Comment

hmm. so what exactly am I looking for?

what did you type between dmesg and grep wifi? and how do I get that symbol?

dmesg - only - gave me gazillion lines w not one containing the word wifi - what exactly am i looking for?

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
        Get a terminal emulator app and run dmesg and look for the wifi chip driver currently loaded to determine which wifi chipset you have in order to help find a suitable firmware.

You may have to type in terminal as follows

su
        dmesg | grep wifi

...or simply dmesg and look for chipset info manually, depends on output.

Comment

i tried separating the 2 commands as well - dmesg - gave me a lot!

while grep wifi did nothing whatsoever *feels stupid n00bish*

Originally posted by fireplayer View Post
          what did you type between dmesg and grep wifi? and how do I get that symbol?

dmesg - only - gave me gazillion lines w not one containing the word wifi - what exactly am i looking for?

Comment

On a later try I got:

Current WiFi Chip is MT5931

does that help?

/pete
            i tried separating the 2 commands as well - dmesg - gave me a lot!

while grep wifi did nothing whatsoever *feels stupid n00bish*

Comment

Yes, it does. Good work; try this Kit Kat 4.4.2 ROM made for that chipset, it's linked below. You may be in luck, but there's no telling until you flash it and confirm it fully powers all functions of the device, including wireless. Good luck!

Comment

thanks! do I have to use rkflashkit? or can i flash the rom with that arctools clockworkmod somehow?

would a tun.ko be included?

Yes, it does. Good work; try this Kit Kat 4.4.2 ROM made for that chipset, it's linked below. You may be in luck, but there's no telling until you flash it and confirm it fully powers all functions of the device, including wireless. Good luck!

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Fully-Working)

Comment

I'll check on tun.ko though I doubt it's there for now and no, it's not CWM flashable. Use RK Tools 2.1 https://mega.co.nz/#!fJgADI6S!RBael7...XKqKSv_U903xGA

Comment

That link you just sent totally crashed my PC... I think I need to find 1.7 like on the video...

I'll check on tun.ko though I doubt it's there for now and no, it's not CWM flashable. Use RK Tools 2.1 https://mega.co.nz/#!fJgADI6S!RBael7...XKqKSv_U903xGA

Comment

The link crashed your PC?

Comment

You can use 1.7 just the same. The split .img files for rkflashkit is for linux users already on kit kat and advanced users.

You just can't flash your device from one version of android to a higher/lower using CWM due to resized partitions and CWM limitations.

Comment

The Android Tool included did.

Gave me a totally black screen and I could do nothing but restart PC.

The link crashed your PC?

Comment

The Android Tool included did.

Gave me a totally black screen and I could do nothing but restart PC.
                            First I've heard of that. I use it myself when flashing but it's not mine and of Rockchip origin, so who knows.

Comment

I don't seem to be having a good day...

I think it actually bricked - unless it's shortcircuitable.

1.7 worked great w loading the FW - and finding the device - but when I clicked restore - it went crazy on me saying failed because not COMPARABLE (?) guessing that may be compatible...

either way immediately after that I got USB Device NOT Recognized - last connected device malfunctioned. Going back and forth from being connected to being disconnected.

I tried reinstalling Rockchip drivers. No luck.

Also TV won't connect to the stick. Just thinks there's nothing there when connected.

Any suggestions?

I might add I did NOT get to install anything via 1.7. - and I do have a NAND backup on my SD-Card if that would do any good somehow.

Reset does not seem to work either - unless reset is not the right or left holes on the stick.

LMK if you think of anything.

/Pete
                              First I've heard of that. I use it myself when flashing but it's not mine and of Rockchip origin, so who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X