Q7 - STOCK Rom Collection (& customs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedrock View Post
    Can somebody tell me how to flash a kernel? I installed update_7_30 and I wanted to install a overclocked kernel but even when I flash the original kernel.img extracted from the update.img it does not boot and I have to restore the ROM again...
    I use AndroidTool v2.1 (here) to flash kernels. I also use it to dump the parameter file first so that I am 100% certain I am flashing partitions to the proper offsets. RKAndroidTool v1.37 will also work if you already have a parameter file you are certain is correct, but it is not able to dump the parameter file like v2.1 can.

You can dump the parameter file with AndroidTool v2.1 by going to the Advanced Function tab, and at the bottom enter Start: 0 and Count: 2 and then click 'ExportImage'. Browse to the Output folder and rename ExportImage.img to parameter.txt, then open it with Notepad. Remove the crap at the start before FIRMWARE_VER and anything after (user), then save the file.

Then go to the Download Image tab in AndroidTool and load the parameter.txt file by clicking the empty box in the far right column. Once that's loaded, do the same with your kernel. On the left hand side, make sure only the kernel checkbox is ticked, then click Run.

It should only take a few seconds to write and verify the kernel, and your device should then reboot. I've used this method successfully with multiple ROMs, and also use the same method to install Androtab's generic RK30 CWM which has worked on every ROM I've tried so far.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Dteyn; 08-21-2014, 07:42.
    "The thing with me is that I AM smart and I'm self smarted, basically from nature and smoking drugs and doing different things I've self learned myself. And that's the whole difference I guess is that I don't need the books or the schooling type things. People say books and college are for-to-be to make you smarter, but they can also be for-to-be to make you dead. My brain only uses half the oxygen because it's only part full and that's why I'm alive right now." -- Ricky from Trailer Park Boys

Comment

Originally posted by Dteyn View Post
      I hope this helps.
      Thanks, I can now flash the stock kernel and it works normally. But when I flash the same kernel edited by the overclockomatic_kk script it does not and I have to flash the stock kernel again. The CPU is capped at 1.4Ghz by this rom, I would like to make it 1.6 or 1.8.

Also, is there a way to make this 720p rom become 1080p?

EDIT: I got the overclocking to work, but the CPU is still capped at 1.4 Ghz...
      Last edited by Pedrock; 08-22-2014, 13:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrock View Post
        Thanks, I can now flash the stock kernel and it works normally. But when I flash the same kernel edited by the overclockomatic_kk script it does not and I have to flash the stock kernel again. The CPU is capped at 1.4Ghz by this rom, I would like to make it 1.6 or 1.8.

Also, is there a way to make this 720p rom become 1080p?

EDIT: I got the overclocking to work, but the CPU is still capped at 1.4 Ghz...
        Would you show me in detail how to make the overclock to work on 1080p for Q7. When in flashed the Rom 7.30 and set screen to 1080p then my screen is flashing/ flickering . Therefore, I have to set screen resolution back to 720p.
        Thank you

Comment

What is the best firmware from all these?
          I am using Q7_Firmware_By_lewy20041

Comment

Well,

I am using lewys FW. It is stable, has some really nice features, is rooted, has 1080p support (you can switch back to 720p without any flashing!) and is really good organized.

For me it is the clear favourit... I also tested vectors ROM - it was good, no question, but i didnt got happy with it... I just dont liked it as much as i like lewys rom.
            Kind regards Snuffy

Comment

Originally posted by eve_Snuffy View Post
              Well,

I am using lewys FW. It is stable, has some really nice features, is rooted, has 1080p support (you can switch back to 720p without any flashing!) and is really good organized.

For me it is the clear favourit... I also tested vectors ROM - it was good, no question, but i didnt got happy with it... I just dont liked it as much as i like lewys rom.
              ok then I'll stick with what I got.
              Thanks for replying.

Comment

new rom for Q7

all found on russian forum,

apparently there is an update for Q7 with board XT-Q7-V11

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

link to forum if anyone knows russian, I used transalator.

Comment

Hi, mine is XT-Q7-V10.

The stock rom is very lag. The remote most keys not working.

what's the rom to fix these? Also, can you send me instruction how to install it. I'm very new to these stuffs.

i'm able to get to recovery menu. So with installation from there should be easier than me.

i cannot get win7 detect it with usb cable connected.

Comment

Maybe a zip file rom that can be used by cwm recovery is what I needed
                    Originally posted by romilucian View Post
                    Hi, mine is XT-Q7-V10.

The stock rom is very lag. The remote most keys not working.

what's the rom to fix these? Also, can you send me instruction how to install it. I'm very new to these stuffs.

i'm able to get to recovery menu. So with installation from there should be easier than me.

i cannot get win7 detect it with usb cable connected.
                    Last edited by romilucian; 09-22-2014, 04:00.

Comment

Originally posted by genek View Post
                      all found on russian forum,

apparently there is an update for Q7 with board XT-Q7-V11

link to forum if anyone knows russian, I used transalator.

http://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=490384&st=4480
                      Have you used this firmware.
                      I installed it and now i'm stuck on a black screen with ANDROID on it

Comment

Hello. Tell me please custom kernel 4.4 support AV, 1080p, IR remote control, cpu frequency 1.6

Comment

I have this model:
                          XT-Q7V-V10 2014-08-15

Is there anyone who can help me find a proper custom firmware with 1080p and wifi?

BTW, OP you can add the following link to the main thread, this is the email I got from ENY for my version when I asked for new stock firmware:

here is the firmware:
                          http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o6HPUUA
                          when you download the file from it, pls click the upper right box writing 349.7M, and then the right box.
                          here is the tool:
                          http://yun.baidu.com/share/link?uk=3995530201&shareid=843456240
                          when you download the file from it, pls click the upper right box writing 1.05M, and then the green box.
                          here is the guide:
                          http://yun.baidu.com/share/link?uk=3995530201&shareid=977820737
                          in the guide, we take mk908 as an example, which is same as mk908, just the recover button of cs918 is on the bottom of the box.

Comment

help !!!!

hi, I'm newbie in android and today I attempted to do my first flash but it was a disaster.
                            So since 2 hours I try to flash the firmware 7-30, nothing works. I have this issue "Prepare IDB Fail".
                            Now I can't boot and I'm lost...
                            Please someone can help me for fix this issue...

And sorry for my bad english...

My board number : xt-q7v-v10- 2014-08-15
                            And when I connect with rkbatch tool I have the green icon

Édit : I could resolve my problem by searching on the forum
                            Last edited by lnt976; 11-02-2014, 00:09.

Comment

Hi!

New poster here, nice place you guys have here at Freaktab!

I've got the XT-Q7-V10 and updated last night to the latest official ROM for this - the 7.30 update.

It looks pretty good, WiFi, Bluetooth and everything else seems to be working. SPMC works really well and plays without skipping or stuttering as long as the stream itself is good quality.

What I'm missing though is the ability to change resolutions and scaling. On the previous Android 4.2 ROM that the box came pre-installed with, there was a 'Screen' entry under the Setting app that let me pick resolutions and also control the picture scaling.

At the moment, I'm stuck with 720p and a picture that does not completely fill my 1080p TV - there are thin black bars at the sides and the bottom of the picture. Am I missing something? Has this been hidden somewhere else in the interface or is this control just missing now?

Comment

CUSTOM ROM FOR XT-Q7V-V10 2014-08-15

eve_Snuffy,

great idea of yours to start up this collection of roms

I own a CS918 (that' how the seller tomtop.wholesaler described it...). I opened up the device and found the PCB mentioned above XT-Q7V-V10 2014-08-15. My wifi chipset is Realtek RTL8188ETV and I am on android 4.4.2

My TV screen was always going black and back on, rendering the device in fact unusable.

I searched around and found and flashed this rom (Q7_CS918.Android_4.4.2_Boot_2.10_Stock.img) from http://4pda.ru/ (the link is http://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=https%3A%...2.10_Stock.rar

Unfortunately and as a newbee I am, I flashed without backing up my csutom rom (but that does not really matter, since it was useless anyway...) The new rom is working properly and I am getting the blank screen issue every now and then, so the device is usable.... I asked the seller to provide me with the latest custom rom and he send me this
                                http://mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/ftnExs_do...&code=019dae94

I downloaded the rom that was a rar file, consisting of 3 files: k200-ota-20140917.zip (384 MB), factory_update_param.aml (1KB) and recovery.img (8,2 MB).

I was waiting for an img file and he send me this!! I do not know how I possibly could flash this rom. Do you or anyone else have an idea??

Comment

Working...
                                X