No announcement yet.

TWRP for Square M8 by Abdul Finished & Working: Can Backup Your Whole System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWRP for Square M8 by Abdul Finished & Working: Can Backup Your Whole System

Nvm
    Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2014, 08:00.

So this is flashing tool for PC?

Comment

Nvm
      Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2014, 08:01.

Comment

Thanks Washere
        Can confirm works well to backup on the M8

Cheers.
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

This is good to know. I just got my m8 with finless 1.7 pre installed.
          My main box is a Minix Neo X8-H, I'm waiting patiently to see what's developed for that.

Comment

So flashed TWRP and rebooted into Recovery no problem took a NAND backup to External SD-Card rebooted into Android System. Now the trouble starts Flashed Finless 1.8 Rom and it failed so rebooted got Finless 1.8 Splash Logo and it went straight back to TWRP Recovery, so tried Fixing Permissions nothing reverted back to TWRP NAND Backup earlier successfully restored though every time i reboot of Power Off and start up it goes straight to TWRP Recovery cannot boot to Android System.

Thoughts.

Comment

Nvm

Comment

Unfortunately still no joy one thing i have found forgot to mention is 1.8 doesn't seem to be correctly applying. By this i mean when i flash it it produces the following error message.

"E:Error executing updater binary in zip"

now i have searched and this seems to be an issue with TWRP but unfortunately i no longer have the 3e Recovery unless this can be created into a .zip for me to re-flash and get back to the Stock Finless 1.8 ROM.

Originally posted by washere View Post
                Factory reset in TWRP recovery

Restore your backup from sd-card

If no joy:

Factory reset

Flash 1.8 original ROM

Boot into Android then recovery

Restore your backup from sd-card

Comment

Nvm

Comment

... by using method 2 in link below: USB Burning Tool:

http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/04/...-amlogic-s802/
                    But isn't there the problem, that the square ones doesn't have OTG?
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Nvm
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2014, 08:02.

Comment

Can this tool be used to flash just the recovery.img ?? as i have the original to then flash Finless to rule out TWRP.

Try another ROM for now

Or

Hope you unzipped download to get 1.8 ROM zip inside it.

Or

If your whole system is thrashed re flash 1.8, by using method 2 in link below: USB Burning Tool:

http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/04/...-amlogic-s802/

Comment

I don't know if there are dependent files or procedures for that recovery.img, try. Maybe your sd-card or file was corrupted. I'd say flashing the nandroid then if no good a proper FRESH ROM. I never used that tool. Try.

Comment

I don't know if there are dependent files or procedures for that recovery.img, try. Maybe your sd-card or file was corrupted. I'd say flashing the nandroid then if no good a proper FRESH ROM. I never used that tool. Try.
                            i tried reflashing Nandroid but still not having it tool looks a little promising but not quite sure how to connect to the device to flash.

Comment

Finally managed to resolve managed to flash original recovery image using below command from within the terminal command of TWRP this then allowed me to install the Finless 1.8 ROM all good now does seem TWRP was the issue in some way though not running the Updater Script.

flash_image recovery /path/to/recovery.img

Comment

Working...
                              X