No announcement yet.

G18REF - 'HD 18 v2.2x' - Flash as G-Box Midnight MX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, it looks like i can flash Matricom images without an issue - the only question remaining is why OpenElec was happy being flashed over the stock 1.1.4 chinese rom image but won't work correctly being flashed over a Matricom image. Other Linux builds appear to work correctly. Will test them again and see if this is true!

Thanks
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dairug View Post
      Apologies, I hadn't unzipped the file! 1.1.6 appears to be flashing correctly! I shall hang my head in shame...........!
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

G18REF - 'HD 18 v2.2x' - Flash as G-Box Midnight MX2

Apologies, I hadn't unzipped the file! 1.1.6 appears to be flashing correctly! I shall hang my head in shame...........!
        Haha all good mate, take it as a learning curve.

Glad it's sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, it looks like i can flash Matricom images without an issue - the only question remaining is why OpenElec was happy being flashed over the stock 1.1.4 chinese rom image but won't work correctly being flashed over a Matricom image. Other Linux builds appear to work correctly. Will test them again and see if this is true!

Thanks
          Chris
          it is not good to have one clone box, no firmware support, either android, or linux.....
          for me, i always have the good firmware support from
          X96S X96 MAX TX5 MAX ACEMAX M12N K1 PLUS S2 T2 KIII KII M8S+ IPTV 18 PRO,M8, M8N M8S M12 M10 Upgrading Software Download

sure my buying from them is a original one.....

Comment

it did not work for me... Help!!!

Originally posted by Oversoul View Post
            Ok, so maybe if someone else is having a similar issue, this is what i did;

1) I downloaded MX_LINUX-v0.10-G18REF_MX2REF-update.zip from here

2) I renamed to UWS102912pusa_121122gbox_ext.zip as per no_spam_for_me's instructions.

3) I renamed the existing UWS102912pusa_121122gbox_ext.zip on the SD to UWS102912pusa_121122gbox_ext.zip.org

This method seemed to install the original firmware i was attempting the first time around (before the brick), which was the Matricom mx2fw114b-7-10-13.zip

Hope this helps somone.

Thanks no_spam_for_me for your patience and assistance.
            ==

Guys, I bricked the same hardware (HD18 v2.22), no signal, nothing except the LED came up. I did follow the above process to noavailable. My question is that what exactly did you have on your SD card? it seems too many versions of aml and u-boot files.

Comment

Same here, it didn't work for me,

Comment

I have been trying to install Openelec from my SD card to no avail I get threough half way and the software says "Failed" I have looked at many other guides as well and I cannot get this figured out I am about to open my box to show the motherboard model so that I can re-read these threads and get some help along with the others having issues.

Comment

I also opened my box to check the motherboard revision and this is what I saw "Amlogic MX_403-B_v01" on there. That doesn't look like anything that has been mentioned here. Will I need to do something different and can these even port Openelec?

Comment

Originally posted by chopblock3xpert View Post
                    I also opened my box to check the motherboard revision and this is what I saw "Amlogic MX_403-B_v01" on there. That doesn't look like anything that has been mentioned here. Will I need to do something different and can these even port Openelec?
                    Have you had any luck with getting a firmware for this?
                    I just recived new box which is the same version you just mentioned

Comment

Can you help please with a bricked HD18 v2.22?

1. The link to this file does not exist anymore. Any alternative mirror please?
                      FILE: mx2-boot-recovery.zip

2. The NAND is 29f64g08cbaba. You say pins 5, 6. others say. 7, 8 to maskrom
                      I am attaching a photo . There seem to be confusion about how to find the pins!
                      Pin one should start at the highlighted dot.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by cikkucippic View Post
                        Can you help please with a bricked HD18 v2.22?

1. The link to this file does not exist anymore. Any alternative mirror please?
                        FILE: mx2-boot-recovery.zip

2. The NAND is 29f64g08cbaba. You say pins 5, 6. others say. 7, 8 to maskrom
                        I am attaching a photo . There seem to be confusion about how to find the pins!
                        Pin one should start at the highlighted dot.

you find it?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisseq View Post

you find it?
                          I can un brick my hd 2.2 board using EmBer Dev rom like libreelec version and them rever to andorid and installing firmware of EXTRACTME_g18ref-mx2_Android_Revert.zip

Comment

Working...
                          X