Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build-in Infrared sensor

Dear Forum,

I am very new to using android as a way to interact with media on the TV.
    For years I have been using xbox, custom build computers and Raspberry Pis as media centers.

Yesterday I started experimenting with the Minix X7 and was wondering if there is a way to use the build in infrared sensor to interpret the button presses of the TV remote.

I know that the Neo X7 does not support CEC but this would be a nice way of eliminating unnecessary remotes.

The way I usually did it with Raspberry pis is attaching an infrared sensor and then using lircd so that the os knows how to interpret the buttons.
    This was a very cost effective solution compared to the flirc usb adaptor.

Is there a way to do the something similar with the already build in Infrared sensor in the Minix neo X7?

Originally posted by psysfaction View Post
    Dear Forum,

I am very new to using android as a way to interact with media on the TV.
    For years I have been using xbox, custom build computers and Raspberry Pis as media centers.

Yesterday I started experimenting with the Minix X7 and was wondering if there is a way to use the build in infrared sensor to interpret the button presses of the TV remote.

I know that the Neo X7 does not support CEC but this would be a nice way of eliminating unnecessary remotes.

The way I usually did it with Raspberry pis is attaching an infrared sensor and then using lircd so that the os knows how to interpret the buttons.
    This was a very cost effective solution compared to the flirc usb adaptor.

Is there a way to do the something similar with the already build in Infrared sensor in the Minix neo X7?

oO strange question.
    my advice ->> emial to minix itself
    or just use the androidremoteapp.

Comment

The industry standard is to teach the remote how to control the device... not the other way around.

I use a learning remote on mine since most remotes don't have the codes for a Minix x7 built into them.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
        The industry standard is to teach the remote how to control the device... not the other way around.

I use a learning remote on mine since most remotes don't have the codes for a Minix x7 built into them.
        Thank you for your reply.
        I believe you are talking about the usage of universal remotes.

On Linux you can use Lirc to teach the IR sensor of the linux device the codes of any IR remote control.
        This makes it possible to use the TV remote you already have.

I made an installation with 20 TVs with no CEC support and the Raspberry Pi.
        With the help of Lirc I was able to use the standard TV remote.

It would be great if something like this could be done on android so that one remote can be used without additional cost.

Comment

Working...
        X