No announcement yet.

R89-Android OS features/Launcher/UI....feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed that the calendar app is NOT syncing with my Google account. I don't remember if it was working prior to the last update. Also, as I noted in another post, on reboot the hardware keyboard is the default setting. In order to use the on screen keyboard, I have to go into the settings and turn off the hardware keyboard.

Another item I found on reboot, there is no sound output selected. Again I have to go into the settings and enable HDMI as the output source. This may be because I have a USB mic attached.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      Just noticed that the calendar app is NOT syncing with my Google account. I don't remember if it was working prior to the last update. Also, as I noted in another post, on reboot the hardware keyboard is the default setting. In order to use the on screen keyboard, I have to go into the settings and turn off the hardware keyboard.

Another item I found on reboot, there is no sound output selected. Again I have to go into the settings and enable HDMI as the output source. This may be because I have a USB mic attached.
      1. Google Calendar/People sync will be fixed in next version; Actually,we've already fixed;

2. For hardware keyboard, we'll set it as Software Keyboard to default,and you can select HW keyboard in Settings;

3. TBD.
      Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Any Estimated Time of Arrival for an updated OS?

Comment

R89 Lighthome Launcher

Hi Guys how are you;

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to change the XBMC Centre Kodi Version and replace it with another
          one.

Thank you

Comment

Uninstall the app on your box and you can download other builds here at this link http://kodi.tv/download/

Originally posted by rmelkie View Post
            Hi Guys how are you;

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to change the XBMC Centre Kodi Version and replace it with another
            one.

Thank you
            The funniest thing about this particular signature of mine is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Comment

use the files from the ARM link on that page.
              The funniest thing about this particular signature of mine is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Comment

Location Services

My R89 2/16 box works well except the Location Services don't work. I have seen others mention it but I have not seen a response or fix. Any news?

Thank You...Brad

Comment

Originally posted by ICU View Post
                  Uninstall the app on your box and you can download other builds here at this link http://kodi.tv/download/
                  Yeah, but if I install kodi instead of xbmc, it's not an update but a complete different app for the OS. So I can't launch kodi from the xbmc entry in the Light home launcher. Or is there any way to configure the launcher?

Comment

Screen Cast / eHome app / miracast ???

Hi guys, I need help with screen casting!

I cannot get the "Wifi Display" app or eHome to cast my Moto G screen!

I was able to cast downloading ezCast to my phone, and EzCast receiver to the box, but it was very laggy, and I think it was working via router not Wifi Direct. (Also tried TLC nScreen Pro: eHome app showed a shared folder but no files, my phone could not connect to box)

Any advices to get it work? How do you share content (picture, video) to your box?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Fixed my Moto G screen casting enabled now. BUT eHome player takes 1-2 minutes to show up in "BubbleUPnP" app.
                    Any app to browse youtube on phone and send to TV to play?
                    Last edited by Hui91; 11-30-2014, 12:35.
                    Beelink R89 PCB V3.0
                    Running on Finless V1.2 at the moment

Comment

screen black out for 1-2 sec issue

Hello,

My TV always blinks (black screen for 1 sec) randomly after it is loaded and I start using it. It is still stock, out of the box. Does anyone have the same issue?

It always happen 1 time after boot up and everything is loaded and I start using the box.
                      During use it sometime happens randomly I cannot say how often but like 1/hour.
                      Beelink R89 PCB V3.0
                      Running on Finless V1.2 at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Hui91 View Post
                        Hello,

My TV always blinks (black screen for 1 sec) randomly after it is loaded and I start using it. It is still stock, out of the box. Does anyone have the same issue?

It always happen 1 time after boot up and everything is loaded and I start using the box.
                        During use it sometime happens randomly I cannot say how often but like 1/hour.
                        Try wasser ROM first to see.
                        Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Ubox 4k random reboots

I'm using my Ubox 4k for 2 weeks now, with stock rom (i believe it was the 110 one coz there was "movie mode" etc in the menu but im not sure) and i got one or two reboots every day. One day in a 3D game, on the other days while browsing, during a game install, browsing or just at the idle desktop.

So today i've installed wasser firmware. It works flawlessly, except that the random reboots haven't stopped.

Is it a known bug or is my unit a defective one? (i really don't want to send it back to China but these reboots still annoying ... )

On the Ugoos firmware page i've found this "NAND DRIVER: Fix reboot in nand driver issue" maybe the Ubox has this bug too?

Thx for the answers.

Comment

hmmm, for me it sounds more like a problem with the PSU, maybe you should try another one with 5V/3A (or better 4A) 5,5 x 2,1 mm because the quality of these Chinese PSU sometimes are not the best ...
                            BUT normally also a bad PSU shouldn't be a problem at idle system (but how knows) ...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I'm affraid it is hardware malfunction. Certainly it isn't "standard" occurence for RK3288 SoC ROM in contrast to RK3188 last year.
                              But before you scrap your BOX check CPU temperatures. In Terminal Emulator or similar app execute commands:
                              Code:
                              i=0
                              while [ $i -lt 120 ]; do
                                 cat /sys/devices/ff280000.tsadc/temp0_input
                                 i=`busybox expr $i + 1`
                                 sleep 5
                              done
                              Then you will get 120 temp reads in 5 seconds intervals. Whole script will take 10 minutes but you can abort it any time pressing "CTRL + C".
                              Temperature while idle shouldn't exeed 60C and while gaming for less than 15 minut 90C.
                              RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                              Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                              bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Yes, you are right, 60-70°C at idle should be normal, but also 100°C at usage isn't a problem at this SoC (especially at the case/housing of the Beeling/UBOX) http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Test-Scenario also this kernel is able to handle throttling...
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                                X