No announcement yet.

Cube talk 9X - broken screen :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think your right and replacing the screen with the controller chip would most likely fix the touch screen issues people had after flashing the 'mui' ROM.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Unfortunatly, my screen is fixed now
      The picture is available there (you can zoom in) : http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/908/Iyi5x2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by seb_131 View Post
        The picture is available there (you can zoom in) : http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/908/Iyi5x2.jpg
        TYou don't have anymore the broken screen?

Comment

This not clear , can you take new photo from your old broken touch screen that you took it out?

Attached Files
          Last edited by mmrrdd; 09-17-2014, 01:49.

Comment

Hello! Could you tell me how you contact with the manufacture?

Comment

BUY replacement

Cube answered me.
              the price to repair the glass is 60USD, plus the transport which is arround 30 to 50USD (twice).
              As the total will be closed to a new one, they will jsut ship me a new glass for 75USD (TP included) and I will do the repair myself.

Dear Fried where I buy the replacement? i have same problem

Thanks

Comment

You can find the email on the official web site : http://www.51cube.com/en/About.asp?ID=5

[email protected]

For the old display, sorry I don't have it anymore (trashed)

Comment

Remove Aluminum Backing

Looks great! Good work. Can I remove the aluminum backing without taking the screen off? I'd like to just take off the aluminum back.

Thanks

I received my touch glass yesterday. I installed it successfully this morning.
                  I ordered it from Cube manufacturer (58€ including transport). They are very responsive and they sent it quickly. It took 2 weeks to receive it. It was shiped in a Cube Talk 9X box, with platisc protection inside. This company is very good and take care of its customers. Small negative point: I asked for a dissassembly instructionand I never get answer (may be those documents are for their internal use only).

I toke a picture for each dissassembly step. I took me less than hour, but this is not my first device repair. I you do for the first time, take your time and do it slowly.

Remove GSM card holder and sdcard.
                  Start heating the border of the screen (300°C). Take care to not stay too long on the same area, and don't heat the middle of the screen, don't put the heater too close from the screen. Little by little, unglue the border by starting by the bottom (you can see that the plastic border have an empty space, this is where you can start inserting a plastic piece to remove the glass). Re-heat each time the glue is not anymore slimy.
                  Take care to not break the touchpad connector at the bottom right if you intend to use the same glass.

Open the screen as shown below.

The LCD display is fixed with metalic clips on 3 of the 4 borders. Push them to free the display.

Now you can remove the plastic border inside. Use a plastic card to push on the clips all arround.

Remove the aluminium back cover. Here we are !

My intention was to replace the touch screen only, so I didn't dissassembly the mother board. I just removed 2 screws, and remove the touchpad connector (pull down the lever before unplug it). Remove the sticker on the wire band before processing.

Remove the previous connector, and prepare the new screen by removing the protective sticker at the end of the wire.

Put in position the new screen (dont glue it and keep the protections at this stage). Don't forget the power+vol buttons.
                  Start the tablet (push the upper right metalic button) and check that the touchpad is correctly working, then switch it off.
                  Assemble back the plastic border to the aluminium cover and push all clips.

Pull down the adhesive protections on the borders.

Remove the protection of the screen (inside side).

Carefully remove dust with a microfiber cloth.

Place the screen. Press all arround the border to stick it.
                  Heat the border (300°C max) and press again to definitively fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by rj4 View Post
                    Looks great! Good work. Can I remove the aluminum backing without taking the screen off? I'd like to just take off the aluminum back.
                    Thanks
                    I am not sure it would be possible because the platic border needs be flexible enough to be uncliped. But can try, you will see if you can unclip or not. Insert a thin platic tool between the aluminum cover and the platic border and try...
                    As the connector is going behind the plastic corner, I don't think that it will be a problem for that.

Comment

They come off no problem. Just have to start where the sd card input is and then go from there.

Thanks!

I am not sure it would be possible because the platic border needs be flexible enough to be uncliped. But can try, you will see if you can unclip or not. Insert a thin platic tool between the aluminum cover and the platic border and try...
                      As the connector is going behind the plastic corner, I don't think that it will be a problem for that.

Comment

Thank you VERY much for this tutorial! It had always puzzled me how the 9X was toted as an 'ipad killer' yet my screen just didn't seem all that great. Having followed these instructions and removed the inner film, I can confirm that my 9X display now compares very favourably with an ipad air.

Thanks again!

Comment

Awesome guide, going to try to open mine up to see why my volume buttons wont work.. from the looks of things though sadly there might not be much leeway with those microswitches, i wonder if you can get replacements.. I don't suppose anyone knows?

Thanks for the post!

Atrak

P.S. Closed my other topic, it seems this should hopefully cover it all, I think i must have missed it in my initial search because it's title was about a broken screen :-)

Comment

I received my touch glass yesterday. I installed it successfully this morning.
                            I ordered it from Cube manufacturer (58€ including transport). They are very responsive and they sent it quickly. It took 2 weeks to receive it. It was shiped in a Cube Talk 9X box, with platisc protection inside. This company is very good and take care of its customers. Small negative point: I asked for a dissassembly instructionand I never get answer (may be those documents are for their internal use only).

I toke a picture for each dissassembly step. I took me less than hour, but this is not my first device repair. I you do for the first time, take your time and do it slowly.

Remove GSM card holder and sdcard.
                            Start heating the border of the screen (300°C). Take care to not stay too long on the same area, and don't heat the middle of the screen, don't put the heater too close from the screen. Little by little, unglue the border by starting by the bottom (you can see that the plastic border have an empty space, this is where you can start inserting a plastic piece to remove the glass). Re-heat each time the glue is not anymore slimy.
                            Take care to not break the touchpad connector at the bottom right if you intend to use the same glass.

Open the screen as shown below.

The LCD display is fixed with metalic clips on 3 of the 4 borders. Push them to free the display.

Now you can remove the plastic border inside. Use a plastic card to push on the clips all arround.

Remove the aluminium back cover. Here we are !

My intention was to replace the touch screen only, so I didn't dissassembly the mother board. I just removed 2 screws, and remove the touchpad connector (pull down the lever before unplug it). Remove the sticker on the wire band before processing.

Remove the previous connector, and prepare the new screen by removing the protective sticker at the end of the wire.

Put in position the new screen (dont glue it and keep the protections at this stage). Don't forget the power+vol buttons.
                            Start the tablet (push the upper right metalic button) and check that the touchpad is correctly working, then switch it off.
                            Assemble back the plastic border to the aluminium cover and push all clips.

Pull down the adhesive protections on the borders.

Remove the protection of the screen (inside side).

Carefully remove dust with a microfiber cloth.

Place the screen. Press all arround the border to stick it.
                            Heat the border (300°C max) and press again to definitively fix it.

Please, can you replay this ppst, pictures?
                            Thx
                            Jan

Comment

I have a similar problem with my cube talk 9x. Unfortunately the photos in your guide are not available anymore. Is it possible to upload them again?
                              TIA Marcel

Comment

Working...
                              X