Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube_ screen and removal of safety film or membrane

Dears, When I have received my Cube _ I removed nothing from the surface, but still see some "like air bubbles" close to the edges in 2 or 3 places under the surface.
    I thought that this is inaccuracy of assembling in the factory. However in one forum i have found that this is due to one more membrane which should be removed.
    Now after some cleaning of screen with soft material even I see some microscratches on surface...
    Differs from my older Pipo m6 max pro- its screen is like glass...

Can anyone tell if this is one more film which should be removed and how if yes , and how to know if need to remove it?
    Last edited by valerima; 12-10-2014, 07:16.

Comment

Valerima, if you remember I have had a Pipo m6pro too, and I can say that m6pro has a plastic display, cube is made of real GLASS, on cube there are 2 screen protectors: one need to be removed the other one depends on how good has been placed, if you still have bubbles underneat you can remove that too, don't worry, Cube display is protected by gorilla glass 2 so you can stay without screen protector without problem, otherwise you can buy a new screen protector and place it by yourself.
      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Hello all,
        I have just bought the tablet ans it has thé ROM v2.0... Is this possible to pût this firmware with 1.8 révision ?

Comment

My cube's screen broke just 1 week ago. I don't think i send it to china for repairs... i'm buying next maybe cube t8 or nokia n1. Which do you think to be better performing?
          samsung note 3 n9005 snapdragon [email protected] GHz|cube u65gt talk9x

Comment

Originally posted by pierre8100 View Post
            Hello all,
            I have just bought the tablet ans it has thé ROM v2.0... Is this possible to pût this firmware with 1.8 révision ?
            Why are you trying to switch to an older revision? V.2.0 ROM works perfectly, you only need to delete chinese stuffs

Comment

AW: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
              Why are you trying to switch to an older revision? V.2.0 ROM works perfectly, you only need to delete chinese stuffs
              Will there ever be a version newer than 1.8 for my black 32gb model?

Comment

if your tablet is new "enough" (take a look on the production week) you can try to install rom v.2.0, some users with black tablet managed to install it without problems.

Comment

screen protector

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                  Valerima, if you remember I have had a Pipo m6pro too, and I can say that m6pro has a plastic display, cube is made of real GLASS, on cube there are 2 screen protectors: one need to be removed the other one depends on how good has been placed, if you still have bubbles underneat you can remove that too, don't worry, Cube display is protected by gorilla glass 2 so you can stay without screen protector without problem, otherwise you can buy a new screen protector and place it by yourself.
                  Didi you remove it? How?
                  I found some messages on xda about they are quite controversive, not everyone recommends to remove protective film.
                  MediaTek recently released its first tablet PC-specified 8-core CPU MTK8392, and Cube Talk 9X will be the first tablet to powered by this chipset. It's now on presale, perhaps until July. I'll make a full review when it's available for me...

Comment

as you removed the first screen protector you can quite easily remove the second too!

Comment

Hi, I have flashed the 6Gig app space patch but I feel its too much for me. Is there a 2-4GB CWM flashable zip out there and can I use it. I mean, can I just flash the patch and all will work fine? Or do I have to reflash the whole ROM with it??

Comment

you just need to flash these through CWM/TWRP or you can unzip both EBR files included and flash them through SP_flashtool:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Lost imei

I suppose I'm one of those nightmare noobs who tries to run before he can walk.... Anyways, long story short; I've got a 32gb black 9X and I've reflashed it with 900SS' custom ROM, (lovely work BTW, I can now use chrome!) But I've messed it up and lost my imei number. I wrote it down before I reflashed the ROM and have since tried to restore it using the engineer method (via the dialler), terminal emulator, droid tools (with PC) and mobile uncle tools. It just tells me the imei is invalid.

I'm quite confident that I wrote the number down correctly, so I don't really know what else I can try. Can any of you sage wise-one's point me in a new direction, because I really hate quitting!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                            Yes bootimg and android is enough. If you flash logo as well you will get my branded images at switch on.
                            Thanks Brian, it really is very smooth!

Can you offer any thoughts on reinserting my imei number when droid tools, mobile uncle, terminal emulator etc have failed?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Its not something I've had to do on the cube. You may need to restore an nvram image and then update to imei to yours.
                              900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                                Its not something I've had to do on the cube. You may need to restore an nvram image and then update to imei to yours.
                                Thanks Brian, I'll let you know how that goes. What would be a reliable source for said nvram image?

Comment

Working...
                                X