Probox2 EX samehardware as Minix X8??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probox2 EX samehardware as Minix X8??

I have heard that the software is good on this box. Maybe it can be ported to Minix X8??
    I am a nood at this but I had to ask.

Probox2 EX:
    probox2.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf probox2.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Firmware:
    probox2.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf probox2.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Originally posted by strix View Post
    I have heard that the software is good on this box. Maybe it can be ported to Minix X8??
    I am a nood at this but I had to ask.

Probox2 EX:

Firmware:
    http://probox2.com/category/probox2-ex-firmware/
    You mean steal their software and port it to the Minix?
    Thats not how it works. Maybe the developper can addapt one or two ideas to build in his/her own image, thats it. But from what I have read and seen they suffers with the same problems as all the 802 software.

Comment

You can flash the minix neo 8 with the probox firmware and it becomes a probox. I did no problems and the minix runs better smoother than it ever has.

Comment

Originally posted by sacman11 View Post
        You can flash the minix neo 8 with the probox firmware and it becomes a probox. I did no problems and the minix runs better smoother than it ever has.
        Are you completely sure, that you can flash the minix neo X8-H with the probox firmware and it becomes a probox, without having any problems?

Have you already installed and tested it... What are the differences?

It works flawlessly?

Comment

Originally posted by ulises1954 View Post
          Are you completely sure, that you can flash the minix neo X8-H with the probox firmware and it becomes a probox, without having any problems?

Have you already installed and tested it... What are the differences?

It works flawlessly?
          Yes, sacman11 is correct. I installed PROBOX2-EX-20141015 which is exactly the same as beta 9. The only pros that I can talk about is -
          1) The launcher animation & organization is much better (It is not colorful like you want).
          2) A working weather ticker.
          3) Google+ can be installed.
          4) The firmware is pre-rooted which may be a good thing or bad thing depending on your usage of the box.

The cons -
          1) It seems to take a longer time to boot
          2) Network performance is very bad, WiFi being pathetic. On 2.4 Ghz I got only 5 Mbps transfer rate within my LAN (X8-H - 39 Mbps), 5 Ghz was slightly better - 25 Mbps (X8-H - 39 Mbps). Ethernet - 70 Mbps (X8-H - 90 Mbps).
          3)There is no restart on power menu.
          4) Some of the apps that are compatible with X8-H shows up as incompatible on Probox2.

It looks like the bugs present in beta 9 is present in this Probox2 firmware also. I have gone back to beta 9.

Comment

Originally posted by WeK05 View Post
            Yes, sacman11 is correct. I installed PROBOX2-EX-20141015 which is exactly the same as beta 9. The only pros that I can talk about is -
            1) The launcher animation & organization is much better (It is not colorful like you want).
            2) A working weather ticker.
            3) Google+ can be installed.
            4) The firmware is pre-rooted which may be a good thing or bad thing depending on your usage of the box.

The cons -
            1) It seems to take a longer time to boot
            2) Network performance is very bad, WiFi being pathetic. On 2.4 Ghz I got only 5 Mbps transfer rate within my LAN (X8-H - 39 Mbps), 5 Ghz was slightly better - 25 Mbps (X8-H - 39 Mbps). Ethernet - 70 Mbps (X8-H - 90 Mbps).
            3)There is no restart on power menu.
            4) Some of the apps that are compatible with X8-H shows up as incompatible on Probox2.

It looks like the bugs present in beta 9 is present in this Probox2 firmware also. I have gone back to beta 9.
            Thanks for the quick reply, and the detailed information!

I was asking if it will work on the X8-H, because I have noticed that the Probox2 Firmware file size is bigger than the Beta-9?

So since, apparently all the bugs present in beta 9, are also present in this Probox2 firmware, I think that I also will stay with the beta 9 from MINIX!

Since you have mentioned, that the firmware is pre-rooted and that some of the apps could be compatible with X8-H, I would like to ask if you could upload some of the Pre-Installed APPs in the Probox2, like the "Probox2 UI Launcher" and others that do not exist on the X8-H... Just to try them on the MINIX X8-H unit?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Good to hear. I will flash the probox firmware tonight and try it out.

Comment

IS anyone still having Probox2 installed if so could you bring me the launcher apk i would like to try use their launcher on minix .
                [img=http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img537/6746/zABbhG.jpg]

Comment

Originally posted by himanen View Post
                  IS anyone still having Probox2 installed if so could you bring me the launcher apk i would like to try use their launcher on minix .
                  I am also interested in the Probox launcher apk, to try and see how it works on the Minix X-8H...

Please upload to Box or Dropbox...

Comment

Here is the launcher apk - http://bit.ly/1DNWlqc

Comment

What puzzles me is that the Probox 2 is almost a MINIX 8 clone yet its firmware runs nicely on the square M8.
                      But the MINIX original firmware does not...

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                        What puzzles me is that the Probox 2 is almost a MINIX 8 clone yet its firmware runs nicely on the square M8.
                        But the MINIX original firmware does not...
                        Doesn't the square M8 also have Oman's firmware? (Probox2 EX is).

Comment

Doesn't the square M8 also have Oman's firmware? (Probox2 EX is).
                          Yes, it does. But Oman's firmware for M8 won't run on MINIX. But his Probox firmware will. And also on the M8...

Comment

Here is the launcher apk - http://bit.ly/1DNWlqc
                            Thanks for the Probox2 Launcher APK!

I will test on my X8-H and will let you know how it works...

Comment

Can you post pics

Comment

Working...
                              X