ZERO Devices Z8C Alice - AllWinner A80 Octa-Core Tv Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZERO Devices Z8C Alice - AllWinner A80 Octa-Core Tv Box

Well, if I'm right this is the first TV BOX based on the new AllWinner A80 Octa-core

ZERO Devices Z8C Alice

Some pictures:

Big size picture here: Z8C Alice Board

Official website: ZERO Devices

SATA and USB3.0 (one of them)

I have one of this over my desk, but it's toooooooo early to speak about impressions yet.

More info soon here!
    Last edited by Javimetal; 10-12-2014, 17:17.
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Even I know it's early and I see some software problems must be fixed I runned Antutu on this Allwinner A80 TV BOX.

Results:

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
      Even I know it's early and I see some software problems must be fixed I runned Antutu on this Allwinner A80 TV BOX.

Results:

Looks very promising.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Interesting

Thank you for sharing the info.

I've been waiting for an A80 based TV box and looking forward to the market release of one.

Please do share more info when you have it.

I'm hoping that Google will release Android L for ARM soon and maybe it gets on devices like this one.
        Last edited by fkbna; 10-12-2014, 01:23.

Comment

Added more pictures to post #1

Comment

And who wants to believe that the 55K is true and not faked at kernel?

Anyway... nice to see the first A80 device... but now my favourite question: What's about heat at this case?
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Well, this is:

AllWinner A80 - ZERO Devices Z8C Alice

4K-30 - MX Player (100%)

Open BIG picture here

1080p-60 - MX Player (100%)

Open BIG picture here

No other configuration than 100% let me see the black and white dots.

Note that first one looks like ONLY ONE black pixel is managed, but it looks not correct.

Another important thing, also playing with the ANDROID SCREEN SCALE (do not talking about MX Player Scale) these results are different. These pictures was with an ANDROID 100% SCREEN SCALE.
              I'm right that it looks better than the rk3288 at the moment?
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Does it have a support for HDMI-CEC.
                It is quite interesting that none of the TV Boxes or TV Sticks have so far. And this IMHO is a must-have feature. Instead of providing one, they are adding costly IR receivers and remote controls

Comment

innovation

We need a completed box like rk3288 HDMI IN,a powerful SoC but the same specification, besides, USB 3.0, gigabit ethernet.
                  Make at less 3 model;
                  1- no WiFi,Bluetooth yes
                  2- gigabit and Bluetooth
                  3- HDMI in/out
                  Of course ram 16,64,128 gigabytes, no 8 please,and a nice fan and heatsink .

Comment

Here also exist an older datasheet:

Anyone have an idea how do they handle the SATA connection? Via SPI?
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

USB2.0 to handle the SATA port
                      Last edited by Javimetal; 10-17-2014, 00:14.

Comment

USB2.0 to handle the SATA port
                        hmmm... hmmm... I miss the right words
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Any approx ETA of the market release of this box?

My experience with Android boxes isn't much let alone the knowledge of the manufacturers making these devices.

Is Zero Devices a good maker.. reputed in this area?

Comment

Originally posted by fkbna View Post
                            Any approx ETA of the market release of this box?

My experience with Android boxes isn't much let alone the knowledge of the manufacturers making these devices.

Is Zero Devices a good maker.. reputed in this area?

ZERO Devices was probably the first brand selling TV Boxes with Android. As example, this thread from MAY 2012: http://androidforums.com/android-tv/...oid-4-0-a.html

And this is a stick, 2 boxes was sold before this product.

ZERO Devices is a partner of Sunchip, what is a big design house in Shenzhen.

Comment

I forgot some important...

- Casing will be finished this week
                              - It's highly probably we will see a Linux distro running in this box

Comment

Working...
                              X