Zoomtak T8 and M8 official firmwares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firmware

hi just wondered if there was any news on the new firmware yet, also looking for a good custom rom for
    the Zoomtak M8 metal box any ideas anyone. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
      Remind me about that for cpl days about it. Its Chinese New Year now so I won't bother their sw engineer now.
      Hello @stane..forgot to remind u..here iam ..with reminders for firmware for my T8..thanks..[emoji106] [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
        Hello @stane..forgot to remind u..here iam ..with reminders for firmware for my T8..thanks..[emoji106] [emoji1]
        I asked today but still didn't get links to new fw. Will be on monday.
        If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
        Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

I asked today but still didn't get links to new fw. Will be on monday.
          Thanks @stane[emoji108] [emoji106] [emoji1]

Comment

First post updated with v3.3.1 fw for t8 v2 and m8. T8 v1 fw not ready yet

Comment

Thanks @stane so much..i will wait for T8 V1 as well when its ready [emoji106] [emoji1]

Comment

I believe this is old firmware September 2014 sdk?
                Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Hello @stane any updates on T8 V1 firmware thanks..looks like nobody supports this box T8 V1 or T8 V2 on here apart from megatron..??any good firmware for T8 both models??anybody??thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
                    Hello @stane any updates on T8 V1 firmware thanks..looks like nobody supports this box T8 V1 or T8 V2 on here apart from megatron..??any good firmware for T8 both models??anybody??thanks again
                    I will ask their engineer for latest release of V1. V2 is on 1st post (latest release).

Comment

for those interested in t8 rom

came across droidsticks uk they have firmaware

hope this helps waiting on my t8 to come so doing ahead of the game research

Comment

hi the download links wont work is there somewhere else to get the m8 firmware from

Comment

Yes I am also looking for new T8 V1 firmware..

I am using "20140901 XBMC 13.1 Full loaded Dolby DTS AC3" and everything works great but the optical out in this version is fixed to a 48KHz output and I like to have a pass through of the real sample rate.
                          So I if Stane1983 can get a better, newer version I like to install this on my shiny gold box.

Comment

Updated first post with new T8V2 and M8 firmware.

Comment

Hi all. Does anyone know if the hdd is swappable on these devices (along with the K5)? Does it support an external HDD? Wondering what limits the box has for external storage either via USB External HDD AND via SD. Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I talked to Zoomtak SW engineer about doubts which device is which.

Here are list of Zoomtak S802 devices:
                                • T8 (single band wifi - 8188eu, without bluetooth)
                                • T8 V2 (dual band wifi with bluetooth)
                                • M8 (dual band wifi with bluetooth)
                                T8 V2 and M8 devices uses same firmware (as it's same hardware in different packaging).

There are two ways of identifying T8 device. 1st, if you don't have Bluetooth settings in Settings app, you have T8 (first version), otherwise T8 V2. 2nd, on bottom of box should be written on sticker V2 which stands for T8 V2 version.

Install instructions:
                                Download all files, put them to root of sdcard and power device on with recovery button pressed or select .zip file from Upgrade app inside Android.

These are not mine firmwares so I don't accept feature requests lol, but you can write some feedback here, maybe Zoomtak staff will read this thread

Zoomtak firmware 3.4.0:

i have 3.4.1 firmware 13/5/2015 im am also trying to get a recovery sd image to unbrick a device or atleast the right u-boot.ini file and script file to recover from a bricked device zoomtak will only supply me with the ros but not the other 2 files. I may ony need the script file as i believe the u-boot.bin file is contained in the rom but named bootlader. Can anyone help?
                                Last edited by LawlessPPC; 05-15-2015, 19:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X