Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pimp my Rom! by Androguide.fr - Extra tweaks for EVERY ROM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimp my Rom! by Androguide.fr - Extra tweaks for EVERY ROM!

Just passing on info from FlashMyAndroid. I'm using 900SuperSport Cube U30GT -H 1.1 And this works sweet.
    Below direct quote from Skarlos at FMA.

http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/...for-EVERY-ROM!

Hi all,

Androguide.fr @ xda-developers made a nice package of scripts that may enhance every ROM.

It is basically a collection of init.d, build.prop tweaks and some more!

+ it can install Flash for JB

More info/download in the original thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1908269

for Cube U30GT-H you need to download the MDPI version.

If you encounter problems during install, this will solve it:
    • Open the zip of the rom you are running with winrar or 7zip or whatever (the .zip file that you flash in recovery)
    • Inside this zip, navigate to : META-INF/com/google/android
    • Extract the file called "update-binary" and rename it to "update-binary-installer" then close your rom's zip
    • Open Pimp my Rom's zip (i.e : PIMP_MY_ROM-v1.5.3-by-Androguide.fr.zip)
    • Do not unzip it, inside this zip, navigate to : META-INF/com/google/android and delete "updater-binary-installer"
    • Now copy the "update-binary-installer" file you extracted & renamed from your rom to Pimp My Rom's zip (still in META-INF/com/google/android). Simply drag and drop it into PmR's zip to add it.
    • Close the zip and flash it

First boot will take a looooong time, but your system will be faster and snappier after that!

Originally posted by ncunning View Post
    Just passing on info from FlashMyAndroid. I'm using 900SuperSport Cube U30GT -H 1.1 And this works sweet.
    What were your Antutu benchmark scores before and after? I tried this on 900ss 1.0H and thought it worked OK, Antutu jumped about 300 and then started getting some screen backlight issues. I upgraded to 900ss 1.1H and have the same Antutu scores as with the Pimping but minus screen issues.

Comment

Originally posted by ceptic View Post
      What were your Antutu benchmark scores before and after? I tried this on 900ss 1.0H and thought it worked OK, Antutu jumped about 300 and then started getting some screen backlight issues. I upgraded to 900ss 1.1H and have the same Antutu scores as with the Pimping but minus screen issues.
      I have tried out with 1.1. Antutu benchmark was 7660 before then dropped to 7310 after pimp my rom.
      Couldnt get the 1.7kernal to work with the rkloader 1.16 Just got black screen. The highest antutu rom i've had was decontamiate was up to 7800 before pimp my rom then dropped to 7600 after.

I'm back using 900SuperSports 1.1 with 1.6 kernel and just applied the touchscreen improvements.

Not sure if there is a set of tweaks which helps best with the Cube U30GT-H. Would be good to have some indepth investigation into this.

Comment

Re: Pimp my Rom! by Androguide.fr - Extra tweaks for EVERY ROM!

Yes that was my experience with the pimping on 900ss 1.1h (1.6 kernel).

Sent from my U30GT-H using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
          It's a strange thing the placebo ;-) pays the bills for many a homeopath, chiropractor etc

PIMP what?

Good ROMs come from people willing to work hard to make them. I cannot see in this early stage of Android (yes it is still early in my opinipon), hadrware, etc that any kind of automatic plastic surgery or black magic will work for everyone!

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

ROMs for the cube are pretty specific to the device. There is no reason to believe the a generic script can do better than the dedicated devs that work with devices.

Comment

Working...
            X