Clear All

Custom Polaroid Boot Animation 800 x 480

Click image for larger version

Name:	android0016.png
Views:	1
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	438184

http://youtu.be/wXDPBuLkZ_s

Just copy this zip to your sdcard and using es file explorer in root mode mount /system as rw and drop this into /system/media.

Created with the use of:
    Photoshop Elements
    &
    Poladroid (poladroid.net)
    Last edited by drywall420; 10-15-2012, 17:08.

Re: Custom Polaroid Boot Animation 800 x 480

Looking good drywall.
    Have you thought about doing a splash image? If I remember right, that file is initlogo.rle

Also I enjoyed the term PolaDroid for our tablets. Just a couple thoughts from me. I will be adding the boot animation right now

Thanks again

Found this for rle files

rle images are displayed upon boot of an Android system. They are found in the boot.img. It should be noted that rle images are not a necessary component of a boot.img. Requirements: the convert binary the to565 binary For Linux - Download For Windows - Download For Mac - Needs to be compiled for Mac Source file - Download an image that is the same size as your device's screen resolution Change directory in terminal or command line to the location of the image you would like to convert. Execute

Sent from my Polaroid 701c tablet running Cm10

Comment

Originally posted by jtintle View Post
      Looking good drywall.
      Have you thought about doing a splash image? If I remember right, that file is initlogo.rle

Also I enjoyed the term PolaDroid for our tablets. Just a couple thoughts from me. I will be adding the boot animation right now

Thanks again

Found this for rle files

rle images are displayed upon boot of an Android system. They are found in the boot.img. It should be noted that rle images are not a necessary component of a boot.img. Requirements: the convert binary the to565 binary For Linux - Download For Windows - Download For Mac - Needs to be compiled for Mac Source file - Download an image that is the same size as your device's screen resolution Change directory in terminal or command line to the location of the image you would like to convert. Execute

Thanks. I will consider doing a splash. I do remember seeing the Poladroid name as well as DarkStar early on. I'm thinking I might avoid those. The DarkStar one because I'm not a fan of it and I don't think it's caught on and PolaDroid is actually the name of the Windows/Mac program I found to create the Polaroid image in the boot screen as cited above.

Comment

Ok, not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by drywall420 View Post
          Thanks. I will consider doing a splash. I do remember seeing the Poladroid name as well as DarkStar early on. I'm thinking I might avoid those. The DarkStar one because I'm not a fan of it and I don't think it's caught on and PolaDroid is actually the name of the Windows/Mac program I found to create the Polaroid image in the boot screen as cited above.
          Wouldn't you have to 'cook' a splash screen into a custom .img file?
          https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Can you post a non Google Drive link? When I try to open it. In my tablet browser, it goes to the aip file @contents@ instead of giving me an option to download it.

Sent from my Polaroid Tablet using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by tronmech View Post
              Can you post a non Google Drive link? When I try to open it. In my tablet browser, it goes to the aip file @contents@ instead of giving me an option to download it.

Sent from my Polaroid Tablet using Tapatalk HD
              I have no where else to host it but I can say it does the same thing in a desktop browser too but there's a file menu with the option to download it. Hope that helps you get it.

Comment

Ok so my daughter took my tablet today to "color" on it at daycare so I won't be trying to flash a boot image. I found an adb driver elektrik posted a while ago and tried EZ Splash Flasher (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=956434) but that doesn't work. I'd like to work on this more another day but if someone is feeling daring I'd love to see this work and below is an image I designed from some android images on the web if you'd like to use it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ICS_Polaroid_splash.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	429204

Comment

Polaroid PMID701C ADB Driver:

Comment

BTW Drywall-if you (or anyone else) has an interest in having me create a ROM for you with the custom splash animations (until I can create a guide in all my copious spare time lol), let me know-it should be fairly easy for me to do.

Comment

Hey electric, I think I made the rle from drywall's image...
                      here it is:

Comment

Originally posted by jtintle View Post
                        Hey electric, I think I made the rle from drywall's image...
                        here it is:
                        http://jtintle.com/downloads/initlogo.rle
                        Cool deal! I'll try to play with adding it Monday. in the kitchen the same .rle file is in .bmp format so *hopefully* it shouldn't be necessary to save in rle format but I have yet to test that theory....

Comment

Working...
                        X