X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleted

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
      Teclast P98 weight is almost the same of cube talk 9x and cube T9. But allwinner A80 is definitely faster than cube.

I agree for iFive that has no 3G and no GPS.
      the TECLAST P98 Air does look wonderful, but it has no 3G too.

Comment

You can Order it now

Good thing I waited!

Comment

YEY! My new Cube T9 is on its way!

I just ordered it, It seems I was the first one to do so.

Anyone has any Ideas on how to go about removing all the chinesse bloatware? I'll be very greatful for an answer.

Comment

with titanium backup you can remove any chinese apps!

cube t9 costs 50-60€ more than talk 9x (32Gb version) and 100€ more than 16Gb version...
            In this case I'm happy to have cube talk 9x 16Gb. I think now it's still a little bit too much expensive
            if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
            https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

You'll have to ask yourself if LTE that is likely not going to work in your country (Cina uses 2500 MHz/TDD http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks) and a little more CPU power that you may or may not need to use for is worth the +90€. I suppose the new camera is also slightly better in terms of MP but without comparison pics it would be hard to tell.

I am not trying to deter people from buying this device, however I do suggest you wait 1-2 weeks for reviews to trickle in before you do so. It's not going anywhere, after all.

Comment

with titanium backup you can remove any chinese apps!

cube t9 costs 50-60€ more than talk 9x (32Gb version) and 100€ more than 16Gb version...
                In this case I'm happy to have cube talk 9x 16Gb. I think now it's still a little bit too much expensive
                Won't I need root for Titanium Backup?

I decided taking the T9 hoping that Cube implemented into it improvements from lessoned learned from the 9X in the areas of firmware, hardware and design, making it an evolved product. Also, 4G is important to me as my Tablet is my only computing solution when I'm traveling abroad, and I want fast internet access when I'm on the go. So for me paying the extra 60$ to go from 9X 32GB to T9 32Gb might be worth it. Ofcourse this whole thing is a gamble and it might turn out to be a crappy, flawed device.

I'll post a mini review once I get it, and we'll see how well it preforms and how well its built.
                It'll be shipped with Sweden Post, so hopefully it won't take too long.

Comment

Originally posted by f1c View Post
                  You'll have to ask yourself if LTE that is likely not going to work in your country (Cina uses 2500 MHz/TDD http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks) and a little more CPU power that you may or may not need to use for is worth the +90€. I suppose the new camera is also slightly better in terms of MP but without comparison pics it would be hard to tell.

I am not trying to deter people from buying this device, however I do suggest you wait 1-2 weeks for reviews to trickle in before you do so. It's not going anywhere, after all.
                  These are the frequencies the device supports:

2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
                  3G: WCDMA 850/2100MHz TD-SCDMA: 1900/ 2100MHz
                  4G: TD-LTE: 2570-2620/1880-1920/2300-2400/2496-2690MHz FDD-LTE: 2100/1800/2600MHz

290$-224$ = 66$ diffrence between the 32GB versions.

Comment

Cube talk 9x has a totally stable firmware, so you have to hope that T9 will be at the same level.
                    About internet take into account that 3G of cube talk 9x is rated 20Mbit/s and it's really fast and sensitive.

I totally agree with you with the choice of cube because is reliable and extremely well biult for a chinese product.
                    Now I'm curious to see how fast is the chip of the T9, on paper: CPU computing should be exactly the same of our 9x (only 64bit support should be the real difference), GPU is definitely faster (T760 is a lot faster than mali 450 of cube talk 9x).

In any case I'm sure enough that you bought a good product.

Battery life is another interesting topic of this new device.

So let us know as soon as It will arrive!

Comment

Is there a known method in which I would be able to root the T9?

Comment

not yet!

This tablet is too new (never seen a review yet)

Comment

T9 candidate

Teclast T98 4G

9,7 inch IPS display at 2048 x 1536px
                          MT8752 8x Cortex-A53, 2.0GHz (4G)
                          MALI T760 MP2
                          2GB / 16GB
                          Android 4.4
                          Dual Cameras 2.0MP 13.0MP OV Lens & AF
                          8,500 mAh battery
                          2G: GSM Phone Call 850/900/1800/1900MHz
                          3G: TD-SCDMA 2100/1900MHz, WCDMA 850/2100MHz
                          4G: FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7, TDD-LTE B38~41
                          OTG/GPS/GLONASS /Micro-SD/WiFi 2,4 & 5G/Bluetooth
                          238 x 167 x 7.4 mm
                          517g
                          In Stock and ship imeediately
                          !!! Free Leather Case (from Shenzhen OKQI 's Teclast Authorized Online Retailers )

US $277.76/ piece

Last edited by mmrrdd; 12-08-2014, 07:22.

Comment

mmrrdd in my opinion cube T9 is better because of the bigger batter, but it's good to see other brands with this new SoC!
                            Last edited by giouncino; 12-08-2014, 10:13.

Comment

mmrrdd in my opinionthe cube T9 is better because of the bigger batter, but it's good to see other brands with this new SoC!
                              Yes , battery and body-work of T9 is better than T98.

Comment

Originally posted by mmrrdd View Post
                                Yes , battery and body-work of T9 is better than T98.
                                The T9 is thicker and heavier than T98.
                                Why do you think T9 body is better?

Comment

Working...
                                X