Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Ok, I reinstalled your 2.0.9a again, strange thing, the date stamp was the same as the one I installed yesterday, but the file size was different. With the other firmware, SPMC kept crashing on me, now it works fine, and no more audio "hickups" (problem solved). I still can't get the MX player to play with audio, it still says AC3 format not supported, but I don't use it that way anyway. The only thing that doesn't work now, is my stock IR remote, but not really a big deal for me.

From my few test, this is by far the best firmware for my Beelink R89 8gig version. Excellent job. beers to come, thanks
    You have to install a custom codec for MXPLayer to use AC3 codec.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Ok, thanks MO, strange that I have never had to do that on any of my other roms or devices....
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hello wasser.
        Can you make HDMI screen flicker patch?
        For those who have screen flickering,as you did for Minix x7.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
          Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          Ok, thanks MO, strange that I have never had to do that on any of my other roms or devices....
          When hardware can decode audio stream then it isn't necessary. It was like that in first RK3288 ROMs and it just came back with newest firmwares like Wasser's 2.0.9.

Originally posted by hellomysons View Post
          After using the new 2.0.9a rom , i have a problem with the display resolution in HDMI (1080p/60hz),
          the box display area is over my tv screen and cause something hidden or show incomplete ,
          Change Screen scaling in Settings->Display->Screen Scale.

RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
          Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
          bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post

When hardware can decode audio stream then it isn't necessary. It was like that in first RK3288 ROMs and it just came back with newest firmwares like Wasser's 2.0.9.
            the 2.0.9a fixed this regression. DTS/AC3 format decode works correctly.
            http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by hellomysons View Post
              Hi Wasser ,

After using the new 2.0.9a rom , i have a problem with the display resolution in HDMI (1080p/60hz),
              the box display area is over my tv screen and cause something hidden or show incomplete ,
              my box is beelink u89 , what can i do to solve this problem , thanks.
              Go to settings/display/screen scale. There you can adjust your screen size.

Comment

I have to correct myself. After a couple of days without the audio mute bug it happend today 3 times during the latest episode of game of thrones. really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post
                  I have to correct myself. After a couple of days without the audio mute bug it happend today 3 times during the latest episode of game of thrones. really annoying.
                  yep... it happen a lot with last version.
                  @wasser... I can provide another log if you need?

Comment

Hi,

I Have added the file of oc on microsd and applied in recovery boot, but the beelink rk3288 not boot stoping in wasser name on start boot, what i do to return to 2.0.9a?
                    Sory for my bad english.

Comment

Originally posted by claudecir View Post
                      Hi,

I Have added the file of oc on microsd and applied in recovery boot, but the beelink rk3288 not boot stoping in wasser name on start boot, what i do to return to 2.0.9a?
                      Sory for my bad english.
                      You can flash it again with 2.0.9.

If you really get stuck and can't get it back into flash mode which my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9lLJirKEIQ
                      Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Wasser

Could you please check out this rom http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...326#post499326

It think it has perfect playback so maybe you can use/alter some files from that rom and add it on your rom for even better playback?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post

yep... it happen a lot with last version.
                          @wasser... I can provide another log if you need?
                          yes, please send me a log files and please give more infos about your settings, which spmc/xbmc version you used

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Henkdevries View Post
                            Wasser

Could you please check out this rom http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...326#post499326

It think it has perfect playback so maybe you can use/alter some files from that rom and add it on your rom for even better playback?

Thanks!
                            i'm not sure why this rom has perfect playback. I played around with this firmware and found a lot of issues in playback.
                            for Example:
                            • AC3 format can not be played
                            • video stutter
                            • google play movie doesn't work
                            • google play music silent issue
                            • and more ....

What i really like to hear and comments what is better in this firmware and what work in this fw and not work in my firmware. Such feedbacks are important for me to improve the FW. Does the The random audio mute issue appear in this rom?

It doesn't help me if just only tell me it has perfect playback!

I really want to fix the random audio mute issue, but somehow i really cannot reproduce this issue. Without a reproduceable testcase it's not possible to debug and fix it!

So please try to find a reproduceable testcase so i can reproduce it!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post

yes, please send me a log files and please give more infos about your settings, which spmc/xbmc version you used

Thanks
                              Of course, i work on it! I ve give you (previous message) a first log (syslog app). Format is correct for you?

I use 2.09a firmware, OC kernel, standard HMDI sound, SPMC 14.2, tronsmart TS1 flymouse.
                              Mute issue comes a lot with last firmware....

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post

i'm not sure why this rom has perfect playback. I played around with this firmware and found a lot of issues in playback.
                                for Example:
                                • AC3 format can not be played
                                • video stutter
                                • google play movie doesn't work
                                • google play music silent issue
                                • and more ....

What i really like to hear and comments what is better in this firmware and what work in this fw and not work in my firmware. Such feedbacks are important for me to improve the FW. Does the The random audio mute issue appear in this rom?

It doesn't help me if just only tell me it has perfect playback!

I really want to fix the random audio mute issue, but somehow i really cannot reproduce this issue. Without a reproduceable testcase it's not possible to debug and fix it!

So please try to find a reproduceable testcase so i can reproduce it!

Thanks

You're right my bad.

I only tested in SPMC.
                                What i'm seeing in chameleon firmware is a smoother framerate / less judder (not stutter) in SPMC, especially in panning scenes. In your rom i see some minimal judder in panning scenes.
                                I do not have to use the option "adjust display refresh rate"and "sync to display". I need to enable this in your rom. Not really a problem, but it is a difference. I'd rather keep it off .

As of hw acceleration, in your rom for best playback i use libstagefright OR mediacodec. RKlibstagefright causes artifacts.
                                In chameleon i can keep RKlibstagefright, libstagefright and mediacodec enabled without problems.

I did not see the random audio mute issue yet on this rom. If i see it i will report.

There are some programs like volume lock that keep the audio at 100 procent at all times, maybe you can implement that as a workaround? You will see the volume slider indicator though when it tries to mute, but i think that is hideable too.

I hope this helps a little more.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X