Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    With regards to the sound dropping out issue, I discovered something.

When using 2.08 I found that I was getting frequent dropouts, where before it was a very rare thing.

Then I remembered that I had moved furniture around and had plugged a different HDMI cable in to the box/TV afterwards.

I changed the cable back again and since then I have had no dropouts at all.

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath. It will go a couple of days without any drops, and then it will randomly drop-out 5 times over the course of a movie (regardless of what the volume is set at). It is extremely annoying, especially since it always seems to happen at the most important part of the movie (climax).
    Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta. Wasser Lollipop Beta 5 (very stable). Video Out: 60" 1080p LG Plasma TV-HDMI 1.3. Audio Out: Default (stable). Remote In: TaoTronics TT-MK005 Air keyboard/mouse (keys repeating). Apps: Kodi (stable), Plex (stable), WatchESPN (Stable), Amazon (Stable).

Comment

Originally posted by Luxilon View Post

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath. It will go a couple of days without any drops, and then it will randomly drop-out 5 times over the course of a movie (regardless of what the volume is set at). It is extremely annoying, especially since it always seems to happen at the most important part of the movie (climax).
      The last bit made me giggle, dirty mind, sorry :P

Comment

Originally posted by Luxilon View Post

I wondered that, so I replaced the HDMI cable with the one that I was using when having constant dropouts and they appeared on a continual basis again.

Gone back to the setup that shows none so far and after 8 hours of use, no dropouts at all.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hello Bluesmanuk,

Do You have a link to where you bought your good cable ??

Is it a HDMI 2.0 cable ??

Michael T.
          3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
          CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
          Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
          Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by michael2t View Post
            Hello Bluesmanuk,

Do You have a link to where you bought your good cable ??

Is it a HDMI 2.0 cable ??

Michael T.

It was bought from a local store and was a High Speed Cable with ethernet.

I would not suggest that anybody go out any buy new cables as I know of no specific logic why this has worked.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by novexx View Post
              Ok the Wasser Firmware is not working on the Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta, it have the same Bug like this:
              http://forum.openhourlab.com/showthr...d=3948#pid3948

"green/purple-ish display issues with some TV"
              OpenHour fix this in there firmware. Is it possible to fix this in your Wasser Firmware??? wasser
              I have this issue with my philips tv too. Only stock firmware runs but not as clean as wassers firmware. I think it's hdmi handshake problem?
              Last edited by ChiefWiggum; 05-04-2015, 18:20.
              Beelink R89 2/16GB Version PCB 3.0, Stock Firmware 111K4110_1219, SPMC 14.1
              Input: Wireless Logitech K340 Keyboard & M505 Mouse, Output: Philips 42PFL7404H/12

Comment

Can someone help me to get rid of audio dropouts when playing a movie? I use Wasser v2.0.8 with HDMI Passthrough. The dropouts happens with all apps(Youtube, SPMC, Spotify, etc.) How often it happen is very random, sometimes it is every 20-30s and sometimes I can watch a full movie without getting a dropout. Is this occurring for others too? Is it better to use SPDIF than HDMI Passthrough?

Comment

Originally posted by torbvea View Post
                  Can someone help me to get rid of audio dropouts when playing a movie? I use Wasser v2.0.8 with HDMI Passthrough. The dropouts happens with all apps(Youtube, SPMC, Spotify, etc.) How often it happen is very random, sometimes it is every 20-30s and sometimes I can watch a full movie without getting a dropout. Is this occurring for others too? Is it better to use SPDIF than HDMI Passthrough?

It is the same thing (regarding SPDIF and HDMI passthrough).
                  The only way to get rid of them is to set your HDMI to 24fps and in SPMC disable passthrough.

Comment

+1
                    Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta RK3288 Wasser 2.0.3
                    Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 4.4.2 OzcanRom.v6.3

Comment

Hey guys, I just updated to version 2.0.8 rom and cpu2000-ddr700-gpu600 kernel. Now I don't have audio through HDMI?!...

I go to Settings>Sound>Sound Device Manager & it doesn't have an option to select HDMI Passthrough. Only SPDIF Passthrough.

Any idea's gentleman? Much appreciated!

Comment

Unfortunately this has been a nagging problem for the Wasser roms. I can't speak for Wasser but I don't think there's any easy fix.
                        Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
                          Unfortunately this has been a nagging problem for the Wasser roms. I can't speak for Wasser but I don't think there's any easy fix.
                          Sorry was that in regards to my question? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Stelz87 View Post
                            Hey guys, I just updated to version 2.0.8 rom and cpu2000-ddr700-gpu600 kernel. Now I don't have audio through HDMI?!...

I go to Settings>Sound>Sound Device Manager & it doesn't have an option to select HDMI Passthrough. Only SPDIF Passthrough.

I had the same, put it down to the kernel being too old for the new firmware.

Use overclockmatic in terminal emulator and keep the current included kernel. Don't expect to see too much improvement as I believe the GPU and DDR are already clocked very high.
                            Currently Using:
                            2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                            Retired Devices:
                            MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by Stelz87 View Post

Please don't use this on firmware 2.0.8. It's not compatible!

http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

i really want to fix this issue, but noone can give me a reproduce for this issue !

Wasser
                                http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Working...
                                X