Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanzylst View Post
    Good news people, I've found a software-only fix/workaround to the micro stutter problem

Just put the following in your init.d config file (or you can run it from the command line):
    Code:
    /system/bin/iptables -F bw_INPUT
    /system/bin/iptables -F bw_OUTPUT
    Now you can just use the internal Ethernet as you would normally, and you don't have to plug in a USB adapter.

The culprit seems to be the following iptables rules:
    Code:
    Chain bw_INPUT (1 references)
     pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
    3162K   12G            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            ! quota globalAlert: 2097152 bytes
    7279K   57G            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            owner socket exists

Chain bw_OUTPUT (1 references)
    1809K  113M            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            ! quota globalAlert: 2097152 bytes
    5369K  389M            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            owner socket exists
    It looks like these rules are used by Android for some sort of bandwidth management (BandwidthController), but it's implemented in a way that hangs the system for a short period of time when it's doing its bandwidth management.

So just delete those rules and voilĂ ! Micro stutters gone...

Hope this works for you as well, let me know.

Cheers
    Does this fix work for wifi aswell or is it only for ethernet?

Comment

Originally posted by WarSpaz View Post
      Does this fix work for wifi aswell or is it only for ethernet?
      Yes it works for both.

Comment

iptables: No chain/target/match by that name not work for me

Comment

Originally posted by romasik View Post
          iptables: No chain/target/match by that name not work for me
          What do you get with iptables -L -vn?

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
            I had the same problem earlier today. This is the short story that worked for both of my RK3288.

One note you might want to make sure the firmware below works with your UBOX or are comfortable reinstalling the original firmware.

Install this ROM http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/wasse...r89-rk3288.zip
            Install this player http://www.semperpax.be/owncloud/pub...&id=OauuYHwjoc

don't change any settings and see how it plays. It should play all non interlaced H264 content very well.
            Thak you for your help!
            Sorry for disurb ...
            I've flashed that firmware now, works good, i've reduct the problem of little jerky, but remained few little jerky too. Is possible a lan problem? I use SPMC Kodi dowloaded by your link but not use NFS for file sharing.
            What firmware do you have before flash wasser 2.0.3? (i'm started Finless 1.2)
            Wasser firmware overwrite resource.img and kernel.img or leave that file has you have by last firmware?
            Do you think I must flash update_R89_111k4110_1219.img and after wasser 2.0.3?
            Have you tried HPH 1.4 by mo123?

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Luxilon View Post
              1. XFINITY TV GO app/ESPN
              2. Wireleess kkeyboard/mouse - keyys reppeating even with OTGpoort
              3. xxbmc
              4. PPLEX
              5. NETFLIIX HD
              66. Audio

some nice mproovements (minor) over 1100k44, yet time is spent on overclockingg????????
              I am considering one of these boxes. Could you expand on these issues?

Comment

Code:
                work only in terminal. as script not work
                Code:
                root@rk3288:/etc/init.d # sh fixshutter
                sh fixshutter
                iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
                iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
                root@rk3288:/etc/init.d # cat fixshutter
                cat fixshutter
                #!/system/bin/sh
                iptables -F bw_INPUT
                iptables -F bw_OUTPUT
                echo init.d is working >> /mnt/internal_sd/initdsupport.txt

root@rk3288:/etc/init.d # iptables -L bw_OUTPUT
                iptables -L bw_OUTPUT
                target     prot opt source               destination
                           all  --  anywhere             anywhere             ! quota globalAlert: 2097152 bytes
                           all  --  anywhere             anywhere             owner socket exists
                root@rk3288:/etc/init.d # iptables -L bw_INPUT
                iptables -L bw_INPUT
                           all  --  anywhere             anywhere             ! quota globalAlert: 2097152 bytes
                           all  --  anywhere             anywhere             owner socket exists
                root@rk3288:/etc/init.d # iptables -F bw_INPUT
                iptables -F bw_INPUT
                root@rk3288:/etc/init.d # iptables -F bw_OUTPUT
                iptables -F bw_OUTPUT
                root@rk3288:/etc/init.d # iptables -L bw_OUTPUT
                iptables -L bw_OUTPUT
                root@rk3288:/etc/init.d # iptables -L bw_INPUT
                iptables -L bw_INPUT
                root@rk3288:/etc/init.d #
                Why not work as script??

Comment

Include full path to iptables binary in script.

Comment

Originally posted by hueb_s View Post
                    script work, but iptables wtite error
                    No chain/target/match by that name.

see code from terminal!

Comment

Originally posted by hueb_s View Post
                      so put full path with command

in your script. I haven't seen that. An have you set execute rights on the file?
                      Beelink R89 2/16GB Version PCB 3.0, Stock Firmware 111K4110_1219, SPMC 14.1
                      Input: Wireless Logitech K340 Keyboard & M505 Mouse, Output: Philips 42PFL7404H/12

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWiggum View Post
                        so put full path with command

in your script. I haven't seen that. An have you set execute rights on the file?
                        I first did so, the result is the same.

Comment

do i have to change this every time i startup the box or does it work after i've done it once?

Comment

Originally posted by WarSpaz View Post
                            do i have to change this every time i startup the box or does it work after i've done it once?
                            Yes, but have a look at Post #509, here i wrote in short how to automate this.
                            Beelink R89 2/16GB Version PCB 3.0, Stock Firmware 111K4110_1219, SPMC 14.1
                            Input: Wireless Logitech K340 Keyboard & M505 Mouse, Output: Philips 42PFL7404H/12

Comment

I can write an update.zip as long as wasser doesnt mind. I think he already has to init.d working
                              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by vanzylst View Post
                                Good news people, I've found a software-only fix/workaround to the micro stutter problem

Just put the following in your init.d config file (or you can run it from the command line):
                                Code:
                                Now you can just use the internal Ethernet as you would normally, and you don't have to plug in a USB adapter.

The culprit seems to be the following iptables rules:
                                Code:
                                3162K   12G            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            ! quota globalAlert: 2097152 bytes
                                7279K   57G            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            owner socket exists

1809K  113M            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            ! quota globalAlert: 2097152 bytes
                                5369K  389M            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            owner socket exists
                                It looks like these rules are used by Android for some sort of bandwidth management (BandwidthController), but it's implemented in a way that hangs the system for a short period of time when it's doing its bandwidth management.

So just delete those rules and voilĂ ! Micro stutters gone...

Hope this works for you as well, let me know.

Cheers
                                Does this also fix the audio sync issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X