X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart r28

Originally posted by Mouflon View Post
    If you still have the original remote it works
    Is their a way of getting the original remote for the Tronsmart r28 to work on this rom? I have the 8 button remote not the very first 7 button remote. Thanks in advance

Comment

Is it possible to get the the enter key to not also equal the mouse left click? This is the only box I have where I have this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by rock-star_79 View Post
        First I want to say thanks for this awesome rom. I now have close to no video stutters. Watching videos on my Tronsmart r28 was almost unbearable to the point I almost gave up on this device. I do however still have buffering issues. Almost every movie or show that I watch take 5 to 10 minutes to completly buffer. I had it with the stock rom and still with this one.

I thought it was my network but I have kodi installed on the Galaxy Note 3 and it play the same movies and shows and i have little to no buffering. Any idea what could be the issue? I am using SPMC 14.1 and I created an advancedsettings file like the one posted a few post backs but that only allowed the buffering to complete. I did a couple of test on speedtest.net and my download speed is at 21 to 23 mbts and upload speed at 1.5 to 2 mbts. Any help would be appreciated. Again thanks for the hard work.
        Are you using wireless? If so, try wired. Plug a hard drive into the Tronsmart r28 and watch them local and see if you have the problem. I have 4 Tronsmart r28's and they all work great on wired. I'm streaming 35GB files wired with no buffering. Make sure you're using Wasser 2.0.7. Remove your advancedSettings.xml. It's not needed for a wired connection. It can't accurately buffer all movies over wifi well. Some movies it will try to buffer for 10min.
        Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
          Are you using wireless? If so, try wired. Plug a hard drive into the Tronsmart r28 and watch them local and see if you have the problem. I have 4 Tronsmart r28's and they all work great on wired. I'm streaming 35GB files wired with no buffering. Make sure you're using Wasser 2.0.7. Remove your advancedSettings.xml. It's not needed for a wired connection. It can't accurately buffer all movies over wifi well. Some movies it will try to buffer for 10min.
          Im currently using wifi and wasser 2.0.7. Ive tried both but same results. Plus im able to stream Netlix, Hulu, and Youtube on wifi with almost no buffering. It just SPMC, or even XBMC that have the buffering issue. Thanks.

Comment

Im currently using wifi and wasser 2.0.7. Ive tried both but same results. Plus im able to stream Netlix, Hulu, and Youtube on wifi with almost no buffering. It just SPMC, or even XBMC that have the buffering issue. Thanks.
            Try using Mx Player. It has 5.1 audio too. I use SMB Network Places (see link below) to see my videos on my LAN. Then click the video choose MX Player. It's much easier than configuring CIFS. Plus I've had better luck buffering with SMB Network Places app.

You can dowload the MX Player 5.1 codec here. Just put the entire zip file in your Android download folder and open MX Player. MX Player will import it correctly.

In the upper right hand corner of a playing movie you'll see if MX is using HW or SW (software) to decode your movie. In the settings you can choose from SW HW or HW+. That may help your buffering issues. The default MX settings work fine for me.

Comment

2.0.7 don't execute script from /system/etc/init.d, manually run script ok. On 2.0.6 and lower firmware script work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleg.Log View Post
                2.0.7 don't execute script from /system/etc/init.d, manually run script ok. On 2.0.6 and lower firmware script work fine.
                Install ROM Toolbox (see link below). Import the script under the Scripter section. Click on your script and tell it to run at boot. It works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouflon View Post
                  If you still have the original remote it works
                  I do not have the first remote but the "updated" which is not working...
                  Only the (-) button that actually shutting down the Tronsmart.

Comment

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post
                    I'm pretty sure one of the folders for SPMC also has a leading "." - a.k.a. it's hidden and you won't see it in something like ES File Explorer unless you have hidden files enabled under tools. It used to be .xbmc but it may have changed between Gotham and Helix.

Cheers all!
                    -SB
                    You have to enable in ES explorer root and hidden files (under tool section).
                    Yes as you can see in kodi path I insert the .kodi
                    For SPMC the correct one is /sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.spmc/userdata

Comment

In some movies that have big bit-rate you can experience some buffering.
                      For example when I stream over Internet where usually the bit-rates are low i do not have any buffering issues but when i stream from my NAS a movie with high bit-rate then occasionally the buffering will appear.
                      That is why i use the advancedsettings.xml.I start the movie pause it for ~5 seconds and then let it play (the buffer is full and at the scenes that have large bit-rate the SPMC will play (consumes from buffer faster than stores in it) it without stopping for buffering).
                      You can observe it by pressing in your keyboard the key o or c (in the third section you will see the buffer settings) and give us an input!

Comment

Originally posted by Oleg.Log View Post

I use this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.init.d&hl=en
                        It is working in 2.0.7

Comment

Try using Mx Player. It has 5.1 audio too. I use SMB Network Places (see link below) to see my videos on my LAN. Then click the video choose MX Player. It's much easier than configuring CIFS. Plus I've had better luck buffering with SMB Network Places app.

If you use the codec in H/W+ then the MX player will decode it to stereo and not pass through if you have HDMI bit-stream under audio in system settings of Android, but if you have SPDIF selected then you do not need the codecs, since the audio will passthrough SPDIF and wont be decoded in MX player as long as you have an AV receiver that can decode AC3 and DTS.

Comment

MXPlayer playercorefactory.xml

You can dowload the MX Player 5.1 codec here. Just put the entire zip file in your Android download folder and open MX Player. MX Player will import it correctly.

In the upper right hand corner of a playing movie you'll see if MX is using HW or SW (software) to decode your movie. In the settings you can choose from SW HW or HW+. That may help your buffering issues. The default MX settings work fine for me.
                            Are you saying to setup SPMC to use MXPlayer as an external player? Do I simply change the playercorefactory.xml file with one that executes MXPlayer?

Comment

Is it possible to update the firmware from lets say 2.0.3 to 2.0.7 using the SD card method?

Comment

Originally posted by WarSpaz View Post
                                Is it possible to update the firmware from lets say 2.0.3 to 2.0.7 using the SD card method?
                                As far as i know and test it no.
                                You have to do it via PC with Android Tools.

Comment

Working...
                                X