• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, boot from SD (Samsung EVO) works
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hello.

Thank you Wasser for your great firmwares, without them I would have thrown my Tronsmart R28 out of the window.

I got an issue with the latest firmware.

I am using Plex and with the last firmware I can't direct play any video that has AC3 or DTS audio.

The plex server has to transcode the audio track. And if I force direct play from plex settings, it just plays the video without sound.

With previous versions of your firmware it worked fine so it must be something you changed in firmware 2.0.6.

I also have a request.

Geekbuing recently send me the new revision remote control for the Tronsmart R28 but it does not work correct with your firmware. Only button that is working is the "Volume decrease" and it acts like the "Power button".

Is there a way to make it work?

The remote control is this one:

http://1drv.ms/1GJ3o5Y

edit: The latest official firmware from tronsmart works only with the new remote (the one in the photo) I don't know if that helps.
      Last edited by chrisarchon; 03-15-2015, 23:19.

Comment

Installed 2.0.6 and played around with it for a couple of hours.

Didn't like the wallpaper as it looked wishy washy on my TV but that's just a personal preference.

I had 4 random reboots, which was very surprising.
        The first was when I had Archos video cataloging in the background and running iPlayer in the fore.
        When selecting a program to watch, the box rebooted.

No 1080p in Youtube in this version and I noticed that 720p had micro stutter, particularly when panning.
        This is a video that demonstrates it.
        Planet Earth season 1 is a 2006 television series produced by the BBC Natural History Unit. I did this montage to promote what I consider being the best docu...

It's not major but is noticeable.

When in MX Player, the back button doesn't work and I have to use the mouse right click button to come back to a list.
        On one occasion, trying to go back using this method caused the box to reboot.
        Doesn't seem to be an issue with other apps, so maybe an issue with MX Player.
        Also found that MX player could show micro stutters and first noticed it with the Samsung DTS demo where the helicopter comes together from all the component parts.
        When testing MX Player with all my different Jellyfish files, there was noticeable stutter with anything above 90mbps, where before it played everything pretty much flawlessly.
        This was not the case with SPMC though, so may indicate issues with MX Player and nothing in the ROM.

There can be little lags in the UI, especially when pulling up a list of running apps to swipe away. It could often take 2 clicks to get it to come up.

SPMC worked as well as it did with 2.0.5.

Kodi Eisengard Alpha 1 works OK but SPMC is still better but no surprise there.

Cyberghost VPN works, so hopefully will other VPN's.

WiFi speeds seemed zippier to me.

The constant access of external drives is still there, so wondering if here was a setting to essentially put the USB to idle when not is use.

All in all, a great job as always Wasser.
        Last edited by bluesmanuk; 03-16-2015, 03:27.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

3 time restart during installation of dropbox , and dropsync, and after OK . Popcorn time work better with 1 hour of testing , no audio lose and video freeze . Today i am going to test more more .

THANK TO WASSER AND THE HARD WORK.

Comment

Works not for me ... Box Crashes after a few minutes if i go into settings or ES explorer ...

I´ve a Tronfy UBox on an Pioneer VSX-828

Comment

Great firmware v.2.0.6. Works great for me with popcorn time and kodi 15.0 Isengard beta 2 on my Ubox R89. Great job wasser thanks a lot. Vielen Dank und schõnen grusse aus Holland

Comment

Originally posted by martijn156 View Post
                Great firmware v.2.0.6. Works great for me with popcorn time and kodi 15.0 Isengard beta 2 on my Ubox R89. Great job wasser thanks a lot. Vielen Dank und schõnen grusse aus Holland
                No more stuttering when playing hd movies with kodi?

Comment

No stuttering at all

Comment

Originally posted by chrisarchon View Post
                    Hello.

Thank you Wasser for your great firmwares, without them I would have thrown my Tronsmart R28 out of the window.

I got an issue with the latest firmware.

I am using Plex and with the last firmware I can't direct play any video that has AC3 or DTS audio.

The plex server has to transcode the audio track. And if I force direct play from plex settings, it just plays the video without sound.

With previous versions of your firmware it worked fine so it must be something you changed in firmware 2.0.6.

I also have a request.

Geekbuing recently send me the new revision remote control for the Tronsmart R28 but it does not work correct with your firmware. Only button that is working is the "Volume decrease" and it acts like the "Power button".

Is there a way to make it work?

The remote control is this one:

http://1drv.ms/1GJ3o5Y

edit: The latest official firmware from tronsmart works only with the new remote (the one in the photo) I don't know if that helps.
                    it seems you downloaded the FW from google drive. The FW 2.0.6 from google drive has a issue with playing AC3 , DTS audio. Please download the FW from the 1.post and flash again

It should fix your problem

Wasser
                    http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

I do not understand why I have micro stuttering.?
                      With minix x7 I dont have this problems.
                      Maybe the problem is in my tv (lg model 2013).?

Comment

Originally posted by soarec911 View Post
                        Hi ,firs of all i wanna thanks for ur wonderfull work,second i wanna ask if u manage to put 1080 rezolution on youtube?
                        it's still on my todo list.

Wasser
                        http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                          it seems you downloaded the FW from google drive. The FW 2.0.6 from google drive has a issue with playing AC3 , DTS audio. Please download the FW from the 1.post and flash again

It should fix your problem

Wasser
                          Yes that's the one I downloaded.

Good to here it is fixed.

Anything about the new revision of the remote control?

Comment

Wifi doesn't seem stable. The network disappears as it is out of range with 5ghz (AC), and the N- range isn't really going to my internet's actually speed which is 30mbps...it goes until 14mbps. AC goes up to 30 but it's very weak in signal and goes out of range.

Never had this issue before with any other rom. I've always used AC and had always great signal...

Comment

I also noticed that the WiFi signal is low compared to previous versions.

With previous Roms I had full signal(router is in the same room) but with this ROM signal is at half.

But I didn't noticed any instability on the WiFi connection, at least not the few hours I used it last night.

Comment

Anyone tried 2.0.6 with a Pioneer AVR, is the audio working with hdmi?
                                Beelink R89
                                Pioneer SC-2022
                                Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
                                Minix X8-H
                                Minix X5
                                Logitech Revue

Comment

Working...
                                X