Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wasser View Post
    could you please unzip the update-kernel-fix-2.0.5-1.zip and try to update kernel.img and resource.img with following commands.

dd if=kernel.img /dev/block/mtd/by-name/kernel
    dd if=resource.img /dev/block/mtd/by-name/resource

then reboot device.

Thanks
    Wasser
    I updated the kernel and the wifi is still not working. I've attached a screenshot showing the kernel updating successfully but even with the wifi marked as enabled, I cannot see any networks and I receive the message "To see available networks, turn Wi-Fi on."

This is on a UBox. Wi-Fi was working on 2.0.4a

Here is the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/6lZNYcf.jpg
    Last edited by ukusum; 02-21-2015, 05:59.

Comment

first of all, thanks for this rom Wasser i've tried a lot of them and this is the most stable.

I have to comments. I don't know if is a bug in rk3288 firmware or maybe in my Box. Recently i bought a Beelink R89 box from Amazon. I have Wasser 2.0.5 with lastest kernel 2.0.5-1.

I plugged it directly to my Yamaha decoder and:
      • HDMI CEC is not working. I've tried a lot of different roms and combination of cable on 2 samsnung TV but the box never is recognized by TV.
      • Browsing in Launcher/Settings/inside of XBMC every some times audio is cut off. In the display of the decoder is displayed "Decoder Off" and quickly after i hear a clicking sound and audio is alive. If i connect directly to TV, the same problem. Sometimes the audio is cut off and again after a "clicking" sound the sound is alive. But for exemple viewing a movie this problem doesn't happen.

i've tried with all kind of roms: customs roms and official rom, and always have the same problem.

Both are bugs or my box is faulty?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by atomizasser View Post
        first of all, thanks for this rom Wasser i've tried a lot of them and this is the most stable.

I have to comments. I don't know if is a bug in rk3288 firmware or maybe in my Box. Recently i bought a Beelink R89 box from Amazon. I have Wasser 2.0.5 with lastest kernel 2.0.5-1.

I plugged it directly to my Yamaha decoder and:
        • HDMI CEC is not working. I've tried a lot of different roms and combination of cable on 2 samsnung TV but the box never is recognized by TV.
        • Browsing in Launcher/Settings/inside of XBMC every some times audio is cut off. In the display of the decoder is displayed "Decoder Off" and quickly after i hear a clicking sound and audio is alive. If i connect directly to TV, the same problem. Sometimes the audio is cut off and again after a "clicking" sound the sound is alive. But for exemple viewing a movie this problem doesn't happen.

i've tried with all kind of roms: customs roms and official rom, and always have the same problem.

Both are bugs or my box is faulty?

Thanks
        I don't think CEC works on any image.
        Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

You are right, any ROM that is claimed HDMI-CEC function doesn't work. I wrote to Beelink support for clarified me this bug.

Also, I found a method for reproduce the cut off problems in sound. With the last Wasser ROM version, if any sound is playing and you aren't doing anything in android and then move cursor or play a sound, after 3 seconds the sound cut off and alive again. I've tried different Wasser version and always is the same. However, in HPH mo123 ROM this problem doesn't exist, the audio device is alive forever (maybe some cut off, but i cannot reproduce the prior method). In mo123 changelog he wrote "Audio: fix bitstream pause/seek maybe noisy or nosound." in git rockchip repository also there are some reference to this bug "http://git.nl.linux-rockchip.org/?p=rk3288_r-box_android4.4.2_sdk.git;a=search;s=Rockchip;st=au thor"
          i've tried to flash Wasser Rom with HPH kernel and resources but doesn't work.

Wasser do you know how resolve this issue?

Thanks

Comment

Hi wasser,

If possible, could you please make it so that the contents of
            kernel/drivers/input/remotectl/rk_pwm_remotectl.c
            is editable in user space?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

please add support 1080p,2k,4k playback for youtube, like in this rom http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-01-)&p=284789

Comment

Please

Hello Wasser! Please add 1080p to YouTube, and speak please it is possible to make permission of a HDMI 1600x1200?

Comment

Originally posted by bzz11g View Post
                  please add support 1080p,2k,4k playback for youtube, like in this rom http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-01-)&p=284789
                  please take a look at this
                  Use this forum to chat about xposed framework and modules to modify your device without flashing a custom ROM

Wasser
                  http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

You are right, any ROM that is claimed HDMI-CEC function doesn't work. I wrote to Beelink support for clarified me this bug.

Also, I found a method for reproduce the cut off problems in sound. With the last Wasser ROM version, if any sound is playing and you aren't doing anything in android and then move cursor or play a sound, after 3 seconds the sound cut off and alive again. I've tried different Wasser version and always is the same. However, in HPH mo123 ROM this problem doesn't exist, the audio device is alive forever (maybe some cut off, but i cannot reproduce the prior method). In mo123 changelog he wrote "Audio: fix bitstream pause/seek maybe noisy or nosound." in git rockchip repository also there are some reference to this bug "http://git.nl.linux-rockchip.org/?p=rk3288_r-box_android4.4.2_sdk.git;a=search;s=Rockchip;st=au thor"

Thanks
                    sadly i cannot reproduce this issue. I need a testcase to reproduce this issue.

Wasser
                    http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Thanks
                      Yes this mute bug is very strange and annoying! My gf thinks it's a ghost lol.

And sometimes the box still reboots when waking up. This happens when you wake up while the tv source of the box is already selected.
                      When you first wake up the box and then select the source, it is all good.

Comment

Hi Wasser, thank you for great work.

Any news for the Wasser Kodi 14.1 with passthrough?

Comment

Originally posted by Mineo View Post
                          Hi Wasser, thank you for great work.

Any news for the Wasser Kodi 14.1 with passthrough?
                          SPMC 14.1 with passthrough works on wasser 2.0.5 via spidf. HDMI if you have a Yamaha AV receiver.

Comment

Overclock

Will the overclocked kernels on the first page work with 2.0.5? I have a Tronsmart R28 Pro and booted into recovery mode. I can see the file folders on my sd card but I can't see the resource-ddr700-gpu600-beelink-r89-wasser.img file in order to click on it to update the kernel. What am I doing wrong?

I found answers to my questions. Copy the entire zip file to a FAT formatted sd card. Yes it seems the OC files on the first page work with 2.0.5
                            Last edited by amclean123; 02-25-2015, 07:10.

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                              sadly i cannot reproduce this issue. I need a testcase to reproduce this issue.

Wasser
                              Thanks Wasser for your answer. Anyway, I will return my TV Box. I'm disappointed with it. A part from sound bug that is very annoying for me, playing mkv 1080p content in KODI/SMPC is not smooth, i cannot control with HDMI-CEC and the support is...well...not exist. I will buy a Minix X8-H Plus, maybe is a overpriced product but there a company behind and the comments about it are good.
                              RK3288 is a excellent with high capacity but development is very bad.
                              Is like old RK3188, was a very good chip by the SDK and the use was nasty. I have a RK3188 tablet with a high Antutu score but the user experience is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
                                SPMC 14.1 with passthrough works on wasser 2.0.5 via spidf. HDMI if you have a Yamaha AV receiver.
                                Thanks, I tried the SPMC 14.1 before ask, it is very unstable on my TV box, keep crashing when playing movies.

I am still using Wasser XBMC 1.3, the passthrought works great with my Denon receiver, The only issue is no sound output when play some movies with AAC soundtrack.

Comment

Working...
                                X